Shoestring Renovation #2 From home renovations to constant moaning and spunking money on sleep consultations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @teabob for the apt thread tittle. I didn’t see any others, I scrolled back as much as I cba.

Find thread 1 here: https://tattle.life/threads/shoestring-renovation.10542/

Thanks everyone for sticking with it since I first tattled Jodie in 2020. Thank you mostly to Jodie for proving me right.

Notable items from thread 1:
- cr*p irrelevant ads
-makes out she’s poor but saves 1k a month
-had mice in sofa- sold it on to another family rather than getting pest control out
-Less renovation more making bad choices to eventually replace
-Dusty (not dusting or dustbin curse you autocorrect 👀) arrived, home birth, we saw it ALL 😬
-Poor kid has a dairy allergy but selfish jodie does the bare minimum to help him.
-She’s still moaning, a lot. To the point even kindly viewers say it’s enough (and followers are gradually declining)
-Also, personally I’m wondering what happened to the ££££ pronovias wedding gown that a select few essential workers were lucky enough to get. Now the wedding chat seems to have disappeared…

Reactions: 12
Oh yeah very true about the wedding dress. I wonder if they will move house? I don't mind Jodie but I have became less interested since the baby stuff. My baby days were years ago and I don't relate to that crap anymore. The reno stuff was much more my thing.

Reactions: 8
Thanks @teabob for the apt thread tittle. I didn’t see any others, I scrolled back as much as I cba.

Find thread 1 here: https://tattle.life/threads/shoestring-renovation.10542/

Thanks everyone for sticking with it since I first tattled Jodie in 2020. Thank you mostly to Jodie for proving me right.

Notable items from thread 1:
- cr*p irrelevant ads
-makes out she’s poor but saves 1k a month
-had mice in sofa- sold it on to another family rather than getting pest control out
-Less renovation more making bad choices to eventually replace
-Dusty (not dusting or dustbin curse you autocorrect 👀) arrived, home birth, we saw it ALL 😬
-Poor kid has a dairy allergy but selfish jodie does the bare minimum to help him.
-She’s still moaning, a lot. To the point even kindly viewers say it’s enough (and followers are gradually declining)
-Also, personally I’m wondering what happened to the ££££ pronovias wedding gown that a select few essential workers were lucky enough to get. Now the wedding chat seems to have disappeared…
I’d forgotten about the wedding dress!

dreading the wedding related morning…

Her followers are definitely declining. When I unfollowed her a few weeks ago she was on 32.4k and looking now she’s down to 32.1k.

Reactions: 2
I’m starting to question her sanity when her toxic ‘trate’ is questioning how people can afford things when she’s going abroad, purchasing sofas and furniture from expensive retailers, wastes money on sleep consultants, reusable baby products she never uses etc. What is going on with her, is she losing her marbles?

Also it’s trait not trate. That’s her awful spelling mistake, not from the tiktok itself as I checked!

Reactions: 5
I haven’t watched her stories and I cba too either but maybe other people have nice things because they aren’t terrified to spend money like she is 😂

She did reel after reel when she miscarried and then reel after reel about trying to conceive after loss - but now someone who loses a baby goes after her for going through the same and she
calls her a divvy . Jodi you are a self absorbed nasty nasty witch

Reactions: 6
Also having a baby is not a guarantee for your tits to drop, mine are only just starting to not be so perky and that’s because I’m turning into a menopause fatty…but I own the fact that it’s entirely my own fault for packing on the pounds! I especially wouldn’t call someone a divvy on my posts, it’s so uncomfortable to read 😳

• Heart
My tits are absolutely fine after having a baby 😂 Maybe if she had a wash and got dressed she wouldn’t feel so down.

Normally I would never mention someone’s weight gain, especially a new mum but since she talks about it then fair game.. She has probably gained so much by sitting on her arse at home for the past six months, she said herself she is lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I used to love her page when it was all about the renovation, but I’ve had to unfollow pre baby as it’s really not something I’m interested in watching now 😬

Reactions: 4
I hate to be nasty about anybody's weight, especially someone with a young baby, but if she got up of her lazy arse and went a walk with that baby in his pram every day she would get on a lot better. The baby would sleep, he'd be getting fresh air and it would do her the bloody world of good. Also, maybe is she cleaned her house whilst the baby is asleep would help her t

• Heart
She said that she has gained weight since he was born but her diet hasn’t changed so maybe she does just need to move more. I can imagine you spend a lot of time sitting down if you’re breastfeeding.

She said that she has gained weight since he was born but her diet hasn’t changed so maybe she does just need to move more. I can imagine you spend a lot of time sitting down if you’re breastfeeding.
Exactly this! She’s obviously moving a lot less given that should would’ve been on her feet constantly at work and now isn’t. I would start with simple walking every day.

And just to add, I’m absolutely not shaming her. I need to lose a fair bit myself (eating too much crap is my issue 🤣)

Reactions: 3
I don't care I'm just gonna say it. She comes across as lazy lazy lazy. If she had got the baby into a routine from the get go (which is standard midwife advice tbf) she would be finding this a lot easier. Get yourself into a routine. Get out in the morning do your baby groups... I think she does a few tbf to her... clean your house when Terry comes home let him to do bedtime go the gym (she says she's joined one) Get dressed every day, Get a decent bra. If you cba to go out go and sit in your garden. She's just lazy and a moaner. Maternity leave is the loveliest time but also the lonliest and the hardest but she does nothing to help herself. She's put on weight because she's scoffing McDonald's at 11pm. I know when your baby doesn't sleep you just crave sugar and you're knackered but she has done nothing to help herself at all.

Reactions: 10
I don't care I'm just gonna say it. She comes across as lazy lazy lazy. If she had got the baby into a routine from the get go (which is standard midwife advice tbf) she would be finding this a lot easier. Get yourself into a routine. Get out in the morning do your baby groups... I think she does a few tbf to her... clean your house when Terry comes home let him to do bedtime go the gym (she says she's joined one) Get dressed every day, Get a decent bra. If you cba to go out go and sit in your garden. She's just lazy and a moaner. Maternity leave is the loveliest time but also the lonliest and the hardest but she does nothing to help herself. She's put on weight because she's scoffing McDonald's at 11pm. I know when your baby doesn't sleep you just crave sugar and you're knackered but she has done nothing to help herself at all.
This is why I wonder about PND, she doesn’t seem to be motivated to do it. It IS lonely and hard and even though when you are out of that stage of life yourself (or have no experience of it) it’s easy to say ‘they’ve done nothing to help themselves’, if you are in it, it can be hard to see the wood for the trees.

On the other hand, I would hope that her midwifery team colleagues would be alert to the red flags and would’ve had a gentle chat to her about it, if they saw them. Maybe they have. I’m an ex-HCP (not midwifery) and have been part of a small team, similar to Jodie’s midwifery team, and we all looked out for each other. Young or old, new or long standing staff members.

As for that picture, she looks about 18, on a student night out. Most of us were skinnier at 18 with perkier jugs than we were newly post-partum and/or in our 30’s 🤷‍♀️

My mum had pnd with my little brother I was only 6 or so, so may not be remembering it right but my mum literally did not get out of bed and couldn't engage with her baby at all, or any of us. But I guess it's different for people and comes in different strains (sorry strains probably isn't the right word). I dunno I just get proper lazy vibes from her.

• Heart
My mum had pnd with my little brother I was only 6 or so, so may not be remembering it right but my mum literally did not get out of bed and couldn't engage with her baby at all, or any of us. But I guess it's different for people and comes in different strains (sorry strains probably isn't the right word). I dunno I just get proper lazy vibes from her.
It’s very different for everyone. I suffered from it with two of my three children. With one I was like your poor mum. With the other anyone on the outside would never have known. I was very good at acting and putting on a front when inside I was screaming for help.
I think regardless of whether Jodie has PND or just in a rut she needs a bit of an intervention from her family/friends. It can be the loneliest of times but being offered and ultimately accepting support is the best way out of it.

Has she talked about PND?
I can’t imagine Jodie accepting help.. She likes to make things harder for herself.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.