Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Have only just had Netflix and have heard great things with this show. But is it genuinely funny or totally hyped like Mrs Browns Boys, which I think is totally over rated and super unfunny.
I thought of it more of a sweet, charming drama that had funny bits rather than a flat out comedy. Don't sit there expecting to be rolling around. Get to know the characters.

Reactions: 6

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
If you have Netflix make sure you watch the end of series short documentary thing. It's called 'Best wishes, warmest regards ' and you'll cry at that too. :cry:

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
so jealous of people who get to enjoy it for the first time. Such a feel good funny show. Dan levy is brilliant and looking forward to what he does in the future.

i watched it when i was on maternity leave and started calling my daughter ‘bebe’ 😆 love moira.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
David and Patrick-Simply the best...I think this is my most watched video on YouTube.
The episode with the town sign has in stitches, it is just so silly.
Oh I know I will end up watching it from the beginning once this, the last series ends.
I still can't get over Twila and David are siblings.
Im just finished season two and I think it’s one of my favourite Netflix shows ever 🤣😂

I never watch the popular shows (breaking bad stranger things etc)
But this is exactly what I want when I’m watching a series 😂
I’m shocked it’s not more popular!!
I love it

• Heart

ChubsterMcGubster

Agree. They fit in a well rounded storyline into 20 minutes and you can watch 4 epidodescat a time!

I think I identify closest with Stevie! I love her dry sense of humour.

I love this show, it's so well written, it's witty but the emotional softness is really clever.
I love Stevie. The 'red wine/white wine/rose' conversation with David in the first season was genius!
[/QUOTE]
Yes! Such a clever way to put it!

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
It took me a while. I gave up and then went back to it.
But I love it. Honestly cii I kid watch it every day. Moria is a revelation as a character.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I love that for you!

Did you see this?
I did. I’ve still not got the Kelly Clarkson bit down. Buuuuut I’m out tonight, so might give it a crack 😆😆
In the words of our queen
‘“I once passed off a mini horse and three guinea pigs as service animals, so anything is possible”

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Aw you made me think there was a new season up.
Will there be a season 6 does anyone know?
There is a season 6, it's on now but not available on Netflix. Going by previous seasons, I think it may be available on Netflix in October. I am currently watching season 6 and while I will be sad to see it end, I am excited to see what Dan Levy does next.

I can't think of another series I have found as easy to watch and watched again.
On Netflix I have enjoyed Good Girls, Weeds and Atypical.

Reactions: 5

Foodaholic

VIP Member
Hi! I was very late to the creek party. Hadn't even heard of it 3 weeks ago. Finished it yesterday, I series cheated on the husband and watched while he was at work, yikes.
Best show I have ever seen. Its warm, funny yet deep at times. Such a well written show.

David and Patrick though, how beautiful is their relationship.

Pleeeease, there has to be more!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

magball

Awww the finale was so nice. Shed a wee tear!! I hoped they would do an hours length one as the 30 minutes was too quick.

LLJ

It took me a few episodes to get into it but I’m on series 4 and I am IN LOVE!!!! 😍😍 I was NOT expecting how heart warming it is 🥺🥺 ahhhh don’t want it to end!

• Heart

HoundDog

I think it definitely takes some getting into, but once you know the characters it is funny.
I agree with this - I watched a few episodes, wasn't convinced so watched a couple of Riverdale. Couldn't believe how bad that was and went back to Schitts Creek and then thought it was fantastic. It gets better each series. The ending is just lovely. :)

OhhBacon

VIP Member
[QUOTE="Lars Guinard, post: 964456, member: 4083"
Ooh which character do you most identify with?
[/QUOTE]

I think I identify closest with Stevie! I love her dry sense of humour.

I love this show, it's so well written, it's witty but the emotional softness is really clever.

Paleglo

Quite honestly my favourite show of all time. It’s so familiar I put it on to go to sleep. I’ve watched it 5/6 times through since we went into lockdown here in the UK. I am obsessed. Gutted it’s over though.