Shauna_heidi_hallie #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what I cant believe, she spent all that money on herself and left her mum to buy them new wellies because theirs had holes in. Top mum Shauna, yup you really put them girls first. (Y)
How true is this though! Can buy herself new designer clothes, but can’t get the girls new wellies!

She even said the other day that her excuse for not buying them decent stuff is because they grow out of it so quickly. No one is expecting her to buy designer, it’s the fact she’s browsing Poundland for their clothes when she buys herself Calvin Klein. Supermarket clothes for them would be perfectly acceptable shauna!

Where’s my monkey book? That’s for babies. Like literally 6 months plus just to get used to the structure of books!
I feel like messaging her with some decent suggestions for books for children their age. I’m a big book nerd and a big advocate of children reading and it offends my eyes to see her buy them rubbish.

Reactions: 2
How true is this though! Can buy herself new designer clothes, but can’t get the girls new wellies!

She even said the other day that her excuse for not buying them decent stuff is because they grow out of it so quickly. No one is expecting her to buy designer, it’s the fact she’s browsing Poundland for their clothes when she buys herself Calvin Klein. Supermarket clothes for them would be perfectly acceptable shauna!

I feel like messaging her with some decent suggestions for books for children their age. I’m a big book nerd and a big advocate of children reading and it offends my eyes to see her buy them rubbish.
You should do and see what her response is to some actual constructive criticism. My son has a brilliant pack of 10 Julia Donaldson books that I got from the book club at work and he loves them. He has had them since he was 1 but he now really appreciates them and takes a different one to bed, also loves the classics like stick man and the tiger who came to tea, such great books for this time of year too as they are always on at xmas.

Reactions: 1

Please send me the list! My daughter is 3 and I love finding new books for her. We had over 100 at my last count x

You should do and see what her response is to some actual constructive criticism. My son has a brilliant pack of 10 Julia Donaldson books that I got from the book club at work and he loves them. He has had them since he was 1 but he now really appreciates them and takes a different one to bed, also loves the classics like stick man and the tiger who came to tea, such great books for this time of year too as they are always on at xmas.
She would probably block me! I love Julia Donaldson and I’m a grown adult, her books are brilliant. I remember reading the tiger who came to tea when I was at school too, I love the classics. It was my favourite thing about working a nursery/school, reading to the children!

Please send me the list! My daughter is 3 and I love finding new books for her. We had over 100 at my last count x
I saw a really good list on “the way we play” Instagram. https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/thehiddengem

some of the things she lists on here, toys and books, are really good. I love her parenting too. She used to be a teacher and she really makes an effort with her children.

there’s someone on Instagram too called “edspire”. Her house is like a children’s library, it’s full of amazing books and she’s always posting suggestions!

• Heart
Ahhh I will defo check these out too.
My son is so funny with stick man, when we were out doing lots of walks over the first lockdown we would go over a stream and stand on a bridge and he would insist on playing poo sticks like 'stick man' 😂😂 . He impresses me so much with his memory and how he connects things he is doing in his day to day life to things from stories. You get so much joy from children that way and shauna just doesnt seem to tap into that or want to. It's very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahhh I will defo check these out too.
My son is so funny with stick man, when we were out doing lots of walks over the first lockdown we would go over a stream and stand on a bridge and he would insist on playing poo sticks like 'stick man' 😂😂 . He impresses me so much with his memory and how he connects things he is doing in his day to day life to things from stories. You get so much joy from children that way and shauna just doesnt seem to tap into that or want to. It's very sad.
The stick man is fab, that’s too cute, bless him. It’s amazing how much children learn from books and how much it opens up a world of imagination. Some of my mum’s fondest memories of me as a child are from when we would read stories together and how I would always catch her out if she tried to skip pages because she was tired.

I find it so sad she doesn’t seem interested, she doesn’t even seem to post about reading to them. She bangs on about a routine, but she never seems to have story and sleep in that routine, instead it’s just bottles and tv.

I’m not sure why you take everything personally that is said on this thread? This is a thread about shauna, not a mumsnet thread about parenting... I quite clearly said that shauna is lazy, not all parents of children still in nappies are lazy... there’s grown adults still in nappies because of disabilities, I quite clearly wouldn’t say that all parents are lazy if their child isn’t potty trained. I’m saying Shauna is lazy, because she is, she moans about how everything is hard work and she hasn’t even tried to potty train them.

same with the post about children being in prams the other day, I don’t understand why you read this thread if you keep getting offended by the comments? No one is saying “all children should be out of prams and nappies by three”. People are saying that shauna’s children are quite clearly capable and that she is holding them back. You’ve said many times that you child is autistic, we aren’t talking about children with autism.
Not everyone on here writes comments only aiming at Shauna. It is more like bloody Mumsnet everyday. I'm always at the defense because of comments like yours but I apologise I didnt realise you were only aiming at Shauna there. I obviously find her annoying as well otherwise I wouldn't be here but I will always highlight the use of language because it can be very triggering at times. I just need to realise it isnt being said about me 😊. X

Not everyone on here writes comments only aiming at Shauna. It is more like bloody Mumsnet everyday. I'm always at the defense because of comments like yours but I apologise I didnt realise you were only aiming at Shauna there. I obviously find her annoying as well otherwise I wouldn't be here but I will always highlight the use of language because it can be very triggering at times. I just need to realise it isnt being said about me 😊. X
It’s a thread about shauna, everything that is said is about shauna and aimed at her. I literally said on my post, “they aren’t potty trained because shauna is lazy” not “parents who don’t potty train their children by 3 are lazy”. If people are offended by anything on here then they shouldn’t read it.

Reactions: 3
They “never” lie in bed and always get up and have somewhere to be??? Is she taking the piss?! 😂
Is she actually joking? Doesn’t she post everyday saying she’s in bed? 😂😂 and the only reason she always has plans to go somewhere is because she doesn’t want to stay in with them 🙄

Reactions: 6
No way does she still get them ready on a changing table🤦🏽‍♀️My god there’s something every day for me to shake my head at even more with her

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
No way does she still get them ready on a changing table🤦🏽‍♀️My god there’s something every day for me to shake my head at even more with her
even though they aren’t potty trained yet, you don’t usually see changing tables past like 18 months tops, I don’t understand her at all. She should be getting the girls ready on the floor so that they can learn to get ready themselves, they’re at an age now where they can at least help with putting on their own clothes. They need to know how to do their pants to be potty trained! I wish I could go into her house like supernanny and change everything! No changing tables, no cots... 😂

I swear if you walked into that house without having any knowledge of the occupants, you would look in the girls room and think she had one year old twins. I hope she gets them big girl rooms for their birthday.

Also I wonder if both of them wanted their hair down or whether one of them asked for their hair down, so she did the other one the same so that they would match, let them have some individuality!

Last edited:
  • Haha
They look much better without those awful bows and their hair down.
Obvs mum is free so she can take her toddlers out for a walk on their leads

They look much better without those awful bows and their hair down.
Obvs mum is free so she can take her toddlers out for a walk on their leads
I don’t have anything against reins or wrist straps when out in busy public places on your own with toddler or more than one toddler (neurotypical child), it was a big thing in the 90’s after the James bulger murder. However she just uses them for no reason in my opinion, for one, they seem like sensible girls and I’m sure with two of them there in a quiet place, they don’t need the straps. For two, she’s not even trying to teach them how to walk with her, she could get a wrist strap for when she’s on her own with them if she’s that worried, then at least they would have to hold her hand... obviously though she wouldn’t be able to use her phone if she held their hands. 🙄

• Haha
My 21m been in a cot bed since he was 18m.. and transition wasn’t even that hard... each to there own though but nearly 3 yrs old... Christ 🤪🤪

My 21m been in a cot bed since he was 18m.. and transition wasn’t even that hard... each to there own though but nearly 3 yrs old... Christ 🤪🤪
Mine were exactly two and I honestly thought it would be hell but it’s not that bad is it!!!

Reactions: 1
I don’t know why she was filming hallie before when she was kicking off, what an invasion of privacy, no one needs to see that. And why not just leave her, pick your battles, no wonder she ended up in a stand off of battle of wills, just leave her and ignore her and she’ll give up...