Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe they are not as exciting to some, but they do still exist!
It would be nice to see them on TV rather than them just being invisible, which is what society seems to want 😟
I get that and I totally agree - I’m married and nearly 40 so not a young glamorous type at all! Just meant that for this particular program its whole unique thing came from women living their best single lives in the city and not being judged or berated for it. Just think the main point of the program is going to change if they are all settled married parents. Maybe they’ll have divorces/widows 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I get that and I totally agree - I’m married and nearly 40 so not a young glamorous type at all! Just meant that for this particular program its whole unique thing came from women living their best single lives in the city and not being judged or berated for it. Just think the main point of the program is going to change if they are all settled married parents. Maybe they’ll have divorces/widows 🤷🏼‍♀️
They can still be living their best lives with all the challenges and prejudices that sadly seem to come with being an ageing woman in today’s society, - particularly in Carries case as she has the temerity to be childless too.

A very bad move, but I'll probably watch it. Although id rather a more Emily in Paris for something ridiculous to escape with.

Sarah Jessica Parker is way less liked than she used to be and I'm noticing quite a lot more people are on Kim cattrall's side.
View attachment 383166
Yeah, SJP seems like a massive cock but then so does Kim, ‘cleopatra of Liverpool’ Cattrall. Neither of them have covered themselves in glory the past few years, pair of ego maniac twats.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’ll be very interesting to see how it works. I don’t think it’ll be the same without Samantha. She really put the sex and humour into it which the other ladies didn’t. Plus the last movie was absolutely horrendous. It made their characters seem ridiculous and spoilt. I will watch out of sheer curiosity but I can’t see it being anywhere near as good as it was originally.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, SJP seems like a massive cock but then so does Kim, ‘cleopatra of Liverpool’ Cattrall. Neither of them have covered themselves in glory the past few years, pair of ego maniac twats.
Yep both have massive egos and that exec credit sjp got was never going to go down well with Kim. Although I find sjp quite insincere acting as if she's shocked Kim says they weren't friends but had a good working relationship

Reactions: 4
Yep both have massive egos and that exec credit sjp got was never going to go down well with Kim. Although I find sjp quite insincere acting as if she's shocked Kim says they weren't friends but had a good working relationship
Notice all 3 of them are exec producers this time around, good.

If the 2nd movie is anything to go by this is going to be car crash!!! I get the glamorous women in their 50s but is not already covered on the real housewives of......insert any place.
Sjp is awful, I think I overlooked it initially as I was so caught up with Mr Big.
If its anything like the zaa zaa zu and post it note episodes it will be awful!!! That tongue poking and facial expressions 🤦‍♀️
The 3rd movie was in discussion for a while and as someone already said on here, Big was killed off in the movie, it was to be all about how will carrie cope.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So the one decent character in the whole show isn’t going to be in the new series? I’m out.

Reactions: 12
Man I really think they'd be better at having a new show, with new characters to grow and develop, rather than ruining something that people still look back on fondly, and rewatch constantly. The second film does not inspire confidence. Seems like a cash grab.

So I seem to be the only one wondering the most important question - will Pat Field be back as Costume Designer? That was the main reason I watched it and I still think it has one of the best wardrobes of any show ever.

If Pat is back I will definitely tune in. If not I will probably still watch but won’t be rushing to catch each ep as it is released.

Reactions: 15
I haven;t had time to read through the thread so apologies of this has already been mentioned, but is anyone familiar with the 'So I Got To Thinking' podcast? The presenters re-watch an episode of SATC every week and talk about how it has held up/applies to current culture and attitudes. It's well worth a listen if you're a fan. I'll definitely watch the new series but I can't really see it working without Samantha, no matter if they all hated each other in real life, the chemistry between the main characters was great. I think it'll really be lacking something if it's just the three of them.

Reactions: 10
So I seem to be the only one wondering the most important question - will Pat Field be back as Costume Designer? That was the main reason I watched it and I still think it has one of the best wardrobes of any show ever.

If Pat is back I will definitely tune in. If not I will probably still watch but won’t be rushing to catch each ep as it is released.
I agree!

The outfits have always been insane and the films were on a whole other level!

Reactions: 7
I really don’t think it will be much good without Samantha. She was by far the best character.

Carrie is the worst - I’d probably enjoy it more if they cut her out of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Its like Take That without Robbie!!! 🤣
They would have been much better looking at a new version, same idea but in todays World of dating/technology, swipe right etc.

I’ve just finished rewatching and my biggest take from it is that Big did nothing wrong 🤷‍♀️. She tried to force their relationship to be something it wasn’t rather than admit it wasn’t working and move on. Although I can relate to that massively which is probably why it annoyed me so much 😂

I loved Big soooo much.

This is a fun read - cracks me up how she is going through each episode and discussing how bad she really is.

Reactions: 3
I loved Big soooo much.

This is a fun read - cracks me up how she is going through each episode and discussing how bad she really is.
Haha that was one of the episodes I had quoted on here, that stalking was just too much!! Big is an older high flying business man, previously married and still quite a catch, Carrie is lucky he is giving her the time of day, she is so childish and his choice of 2nd wife just proves that.
Carrie made the relationship crazy by constantly begging for more but we all know that 😆

• Haha
I was Team Aidan, would not have given Big the time of day if it was me.

I didn’t like any of Carrie’s boyfriends 😬 apart from Big. Hate Steve, love Harry. Don’t get me started on Trey (alrighty then).

I love SATC & I’m currently re-watching it. The 2nd film was a flop and I think Kim Cattrall knew that. I think it has had its time but I’m looking forward to the new series. Hope they don’t kill Samantha off because that would just be too easy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.