Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a big SATC fan back in the day, but after the disaster that was the second movie, I'm not sure about this new show! I'll watch it of course, just don't have very high expectations.

I think the opening scene of this show will be Carrie, Miranda & Charlotte at Samantha's funeral, thus laying Samantha Jones to rest once and for all. I was never a fan of Big, so he can go too! My favourite of Carrie's boyfriend's was Aidan, but that's not saying much since she dated some awful guys, and at least he was a pretty decent person. I might do a bit of a re-watch before this new show. It's been a long time!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I found miranda and samantha the funniest of the four. Sometimes there were things that happened to them that I could in some way relate to.... all except for insufferable carrie. Claudia winkleman's shampoo ad phrase suits her down to the ground an annoying personality vacuum.
Her constant whinging, self reflection and naval gazing and every conversation revolved around men.
Also, while she did have a gorgeous collection of shoes, some of the quirky high fashion outfits looked ridiculous ott. Who wears an outfit like this to go an get chinese takeaway 👇😬

Reactions: 9
I can see parts of my personality in all of the girls, but I’m like Miranda/Samantha the most. Love Charlotte though.

Reactions: 3
Also, while she did have a gorgeous collection of shoes, some of the quirky high fashion outfits looked ridiculous ott. Who wears an outfit like this to go an get chinese takeaway 👇😬
[/QUOTE]

See carries outfits were the only thing I enjoyed about her character

Reactions: 2
SJP has always had lovely taste in clothes. I watched her in Divorce not that long ago and she looked great in that too. Serious wardrobe envy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Nah I dont think they’ll kill her off, I think that would be a little harsh! I wonder if she’ll be working abroad or something.

Am I the only one who doesn’t really like Miranda and would be happy with Charlottes life with Trey? 😅

They seemingly planned to kill Big off in the 3rd movie they had written but Kim Cattrall refused to participate in. Maybe they'll follow the same storyline but kill Samantha off instead.

I wouldn't like to see her killed off though. Have any of the other characters confirmed whether they'll be in it too? Like Harry/Stanford/Steve?

Edit: wtf I've just read on Wikipedia that Kim Cattrall refused the 3rd movie as they had written into the script her dealing with sexting and nude pictures with Brady (Miranda and Steve's son). That's a step too far IMO.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I'm a massive fan but not too keen on the idea of a new series. The 2nd movie was an absolute tit show and should never have been made. Also no idea how it will work without Samantha. Won't lie though, I'll blatantly still watch it lol

Reactions: 5
Edit: wtf I've just read on Wikipedia that Kim Cattrall refused the 3rd movie as they had written into the script her dealing with sexting and nude pictures with Brady (Miranda and Steve's son). That's a step too far IMO.
I’m not surprised at this at all. I remember reading that when SJP became a producer on the show (around season 3 maybe?) Samantha’s sex scenes became more frequent and ever more explicit/ridiculous and Kim Cattrall felt the character became a joke figure.

Well Samantha had cancer in the final series ( I think) so maybe they will say it came back and she died of that. I hope not though.

Reactions: 3
I was only young (under 10) when this was on the TV but I loved it! It's a series I've watched over and over again (much like friends) and I've missed the show. The movies were OK. First better than second but I enjoyed them.

I'm excited it's coming back, I definitely think they're going to kill off Samantha! Such a shame she's not returning but I can't wait nevertheless.

Did anyone watch the Carrie Diaries? I never bothered with it but wondering if I should give it a try?

Won't be the same without Samantha.She was the champagne that made it fizz.

I was only young (under 10) when this was on the TV but I loved it! It's a series I've watched over and over again (much like friends) and I've missed the show. The movies were OK. First better than second but I enjoyed them.

I'm excited it's coming back, I definitely think they're going to kill off Samantha! Such a shame she's not returning but I can't wait nevertheless.

Did anyone watch the Carrie Diaries? I never bothered with it but wondering if I should give it a try?
The Carrie Diaries was only decent when they introduced Samantha who was PERFECTLY cast. I like the lead actress in other projects but she was miscast as a young SJP.

It's Sex and the City, without the other 3 girls, and no actual sex. So Carrie whining a lot really.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think they know how hardcore the fans are and they wouldn’t dare kill off Samantha, she is a fan favourite and if they want the show to succeed they can’t start it by killing a big part of it off

also i see them leaving the door open for future stuff..

The Carrie Diaries was only decent when they introduced Samantha who was PERFECTLY cast. I like the lead actress in other projects but she was miscast as a young SJP.

It's Sex and the City, without the other 3 girls, and no actual sex. So Carrie whining a lot really.
Is it on Netflix/Prime etc?

Reactions: 1
Is it on Netflix/Prime etc?
I'm sorry, I don't know. I watched it when it first came out a few years ago.

I just hope it doesn't go woke!
Well, they've said they've introduced two new BAME characters. Which isn't an issue in and of itself, I just hope they don't feel "shoehorned in" like Jennifer Hudson. I think the original series was criticised for (along with lack of diversity), stereotyping gay characters, poking fun at bisexuals etc. It's bound to be a bit 'woke' when it comes back.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.