Selling on Depop & Vinted #12 Release my money u clampits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but I honestly cba to iron a t shirt that’s selling for £2. Don’t even iron my own clothes 🙃
I sell clothes on Depop because I realise they need to be ironed a lot and I cba with that haha. They just get wrinkled in the post anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Absolutely gutted, I’ve been buying off vinted for a while so annoyed I’ve been sent fake Adidas trainers but unfortunately didn’t realise until after I clicked “everything is okay” 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Absolutely gutted, I’ve been buying off vinted for a while so annoyed I’ve been sent fake Adidas trainers but unfortunately didn’t realise until after I clicked “everything is okay” 😔
Nooo. Were they ridiculously cheap? How did you realise?

Nooo. Were they ridiculously cheap? How did you realise?
Saw other listings for sale and noticed there were some obvious differences and the main one being the serial number of each shoe is supposed to be different but they had the same serial number. If you Google it that confirms they’re fake. They’re the Adidas samba ones that are super popular at the moment. Yeah they were cheaper at £40 but said they were a gift and didn’t fit her so selling cheap as she didn’t originally buy them. I’m so annoyed that I didn’t realise sooner! I contacted vinted and they’ve said nothing they can do now

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Saw other listings for sale and noticed there were some obvious differences and the main one being the serial number of each shoe is supposed to be different but they had the same serial number. If you Google it that confirms they’re fake. They’re the Adidas samba ones that are super popular at the moment. Yeah they were cheaper at £40 but said they were a gift and didn’t fit her so selling cheap as she didn’t originally buy them. I’m so annoyed that I didn’t realise sooner! I contacted vinted and they’ve said nothing they can do now
Gutted for you. Do you think it’s worth trying to sell them on but state that they aren’t the real thing??

Reactions: 1
Gutted for you. Do you think it’s worth trying to sell them on but state that they aren’t the real thing??
Ah yeah I suppose I could! Just gutted I didn’t realise sooner and a bit pissed that vinted can’t do anything about it now.

• Sad
Ah yeah I suppose I could! Just gutted I didn’t realise sooner and a bit pissed that vinted can’t do anything about it now.
I’ve read people on Reddit have requested a chargeback through their bank for things like this. The only downside is Vinted might block your account afterwards, but apparently that doesn’t always happen. I’ve never done it, but it might be worth a try!

Reactions: 6
I wish you could see other people’s favourites on vinted like depop. I went back to a shop to buy my friend an item she was thinking of buying so I can give it to her for her birthday. would be good if I could look on her vinted likes and buy them for her or find the new version of it if possible

Reactions: 7
I wish you could see other people’s favourites on vinted like depop. I went back to a shop to buy my friend an item she was thinking of buying so I can give it to her for her birthday. would be good if I could look on her vinted likes and buy them for her or find the new version of it if possible
That’s such a nice idea.

Ive got some genuine sambas listed ! I worry that people will think they are fake , loads of favourites but nor sold yet !!!!

1000037676.jpg

1000037675.jpg

Never worn..... OK then. That's not your armpit sweating all over it then, nope never worn.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve read people on Reddit have requested a chargeback through their bank for things like this. The only downside is Vinted might block your account afterwards, but apparently that doesn’t always happen. I’ve never done it, but it might be worth a try!
Oooo that’s interesting thank you!

Omg another person I have taken measurements for then they see the messages and just completely ignore! Like I get it doesn’t fit or you don’t want it anymore, but have you no manners!!! 🙈

Reactions: 8
Can anyone help please? Had my first issue as a seller - parcel damaged beyond repair by Evri 🤦🏻‍♀️ Luckily only a cheap baby item. Buyer has messaged to let me know but I'm not sure what I need to do next? Do I need to contact Evri or Vinted?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Can anyone help please? Had my first issue as a seller - parcel damaged beyond repair by Evri 🤦🏻‍♀️ Luckily only a cheap baby item. Buyer has messaged to let me know but I'm not sure what I need to do next? Do I need to contact Evri or Vinted?
Buyer needs to raise it with Vinted. Buyer has the option of sending the item back to you.
Vinted will probably say that you packed it incorrectly so give the buyer a refund and you’ll be out of pocket

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Buyer needs to raise it with Vinted. Buyer has the option of sending the item back to you.
Vinted will probably say that you packed it incorrectly so give the buyer a refund and you’ll be out of pocket
I don't think she has the item, it's showing as 'Delivery taking longer than expected' on Vinted and this is the Evri page
1000015532.jpg

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.