Selling on Depop & Vinted #12 Release my money u clampits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Day I think 4 or 5 of this person not collecting. Why be pushy about sending if you have no intention of collecting. Yes I know life can get in the way but I want my money lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Had great communication with a seller, then nothing once I'd paid. Today is day 5 and I feel like a SS for chasing but feels weird to communicate then ghost me!

Reactions: 5
For those of you who have sold kids clothes on facebook; do you think 30 items for £30, 50 for £50 etc is ok? I can’t be arsed doing them in dribs & drabs ln vinted

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
For those of you who have sold kids clothes on facebook; do you think 50 items for £50 30 for £30 etc is ok? I can’t be arsed doing them in dribs & drabs ln vinted
You could do a bundle by age on Vinted? Think kids clothes sell well and all the slags will want lots of items for one price ;)

Reactions: 7
For those of you who have sold kids clothes on facebook; do you think 30 items for £30, 50 for £50 etc is ok? I can’t be arsed doing them in dribs & drabs ln vinted
It depends what’s included I suppose and the condition. I sold a bundle of 13 sleepsuits on there for £15 I think, and managed to add more bits to it after speaking to the buyer for another £5. I do think it’s easier to get rid of bundles on Facebook but I haven’t really tried on vinted, I have mostly been uploading 2 or 3 things on 1 post if they came together. It’s annoying that way though!
---
I brought something from a seller with no profile photo and no reviews. Pray for me 🤞🏽

Reactions: 6
It depends what’s included I suppose and the condition. I sold a bundle of 13 sleepsuits on there for £15 I think, and managed to add more bits to it after speaking to the buyer for another £5. I do think it’s easier to get rid of bundles on Facebook but I haven’t really tried on vinted, I have mostly been uploading 2 or 3 things on 1 post if they came together. It’s annoying that way though!
---
I brought something from a seller with no profile photo and no reviews. Pray for me 🤞🏽
I have tons of stuff so it will be a mix of tshirts, dresses and trousers all in the same size.

Do kids pjs sell? I feel a bit trampy putting them on there.

Usually i just bag everything up for the local clothing bank but i have so much that i would like to get some cash if i can.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have tons of stuff so it will be a mix of tshirts, dresses and trousers all in the same size.

Usually i just bag everything up for the local clothing bank but i have so much that i would like to get some cash if i can.
My kids pyjamas haven't really sold and I get them nice ones. Slags for ya.

• Haha
Crying and fed up 😭... I need to vent to my fave fellow TTs.

Seriously reconsidering whether I can be bothered anymore. I sold something on Vinted yesterday for £1 with Evri as the postage option (they're quite good in my area). I've mentioned in these threads previously that the shop >2 mins walk away from me stopped doing Evri and switched to InPost. So, off I walked 10 mins up a hill to the next nearest shop that takes Evri in this freezing cold weather and getting a cramp on the way because of how cold it is... and their Evri machine is out of order :cry:!!! It's so much effort for £1 that I CBA anymore. I'm going to go thru my Vinted wardrobe now and just take off anything that I don't need the cash for (like anything less than £3) and hope the buyer of my £1 item doesn't mind waiting a few days for her order as I'll just wait until I'm already out and know I'm going to be near a parcel shop instead of making a special effort again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I sold a cardigan at the end of November. I bought it a few years ago from a vintage clothes event so there were no tags in it, it was in the men's section but it was quite small fitting so it did fit me. I listed it as a men's, added the measurements and wrote in the description that it was small fitting. The person bought it, never contacted me and I got auto feedback. But she's messaged me today saying it has short arms (I know, I told you that!) and that it fits her as a size 8 female - OK, show-off! 😂
She's suggesting I could relist it and she'll post it on as it will just gather dust. Why would you even bother getting back to me at this point?! Just sell it on yourself! I don't think it's my problem that your husband can't wear his £3.50 Christmas present!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Seriously reconsidering whether I can be bothered anymore. I sold something on Vinted yesterday for £1 with Evri as the postage option (they're quite good in my area). I've mentioned in these threads previously that the shop >2 mins walk away from me stopped doing Evri and switched to InPost. So, off I walked 10 mins up a hill to the next nearest shop that takes Evri in this freezing cold weather and getting a cramp on the way because of how cold it is... and their Evri machine is out of order :cry:!!! It's so much effort for £1 that I CBA anymore. I'm going to go thru my Vinted wardrobe now and just take off anything that I don't need the cash for (like anything less than £3) and hope the buyer of my £1 item doesn't mind waiting a few days for her order as I'll just wait until I'm already out and know I'm going to be near a parcel shop instead of making a special effort again.
I won’t sell anything for £1, it’s not worth my time and energy.

I have a happy ending to the jacket saga I thought was going to be a nightmare! It took ages to hear back from the buyer (who said the address was wrong), who then said they had had an underpaid postage card… I was thinking things were just getting worse. I spoke to the post office who said as there’s proof it was paid the fee could be claimed back. Buyer paid the fee and said she loves the jacket so much she doesn’t even care!! Did I get visited by the vinted fairy of good luck?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I’ve brought a pair of PJs before my niece, was buying from the seller anyway and they were frozen ones which she loves. Worth a try!

Reactions: 4
I won’t sell anything for £1, it’s not worth my time and energy.
It's fine when the nearest shop is close enough that I can see the sign for it from my window 😔.
I had a similar saga with InPost previously over a £1 parcel which resulted in me turning the option off. Lesson learned.
Currently sat here doing maths so I can work out what to keep on Vinted and what to list on eBay (and for how much £) as with the latter, I can get Royal Mail to collect from my house.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

this hug pet peeve of mine! My local Tesco is my nearest Evri drop off point and the machine is broken more often than not. Going by the way the staff are about dropping off/collecting parcels… I sometimes wonder if they don’t fix it on purpose. They really seem to resent the parcel system.

it always used to break because the label machine was always loaded up incorrectly and I struggle to see how that isn’t done on purpose.

I’ve stopped sending Evri totally because of it, and don’t sell on Vinted anymore because of the faff.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Sold 2 pairs of kids sandals this week TTs, so get the Summer stuff listed.🌞

• Wow
Shock horror and surprise. The reserver never paid. Nice swift block for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Just received a notification that something I sold and was delivered a day or so ago, has been cancelled by Vinted and the buyer has received a refund. So I don't have my shoes and they get them for bleeping free? And no explanation? How is that fair? :unsure:

• Angry
  • Wow
I listed all the kids spring/summer stuff last week after asking on here and most has gone so def get them on 🥳

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.