Selling on Depop & Vinted #11 I'm feeling down, I'm feeling blue, cause I got a 4* review

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question - I have a classic style winter coat that is dry clean only. Not going to lie it’s looking a bit grubby in places if you look closely first impressions it looks good.
do I dry clean and factor this into the price and list as excellent or do I sell as good but but add a comment into the description to say it might benefit from a dry clean.

I’m thinking my profit would be the same so easier option wins but I really don’t want to be a scruffy slag
Can you just give it a good wipe down and then state in the description marks as seen (take lots of pics). As long as it’s not like cream and definitely stained hopefully someone wouldn’t mind!
---
What did the last message say?
Did she 💫actually 💫 flip you off there?!?!
Yes she did, it said ‘never mind, thank you’ 🙄🙄🙄 so annoying

• Angry
Reactions: 3
has anyone ever had any success trying to track down a seller? I desperately want a dress but the SS hasn't been online for 10 months! I tried running her photos through google lens like Sherlock but didn't get anywhere. All her recent reviews say she never dispatched...

I've found the worlds flakiest seller, and frankly I don't know what she's gaining from it.

Purchased item, £10 with fees. She never posted it. Vinted Auto Refunded and I get a message saying sorry, she was posting that afternoon but it got cancelled before she had chance. Did I still want it?
Stupidly, I said yes. Well, here we are 4 days later, second time around and she's STILL not posted it. Messaged this morning and asked politely when she was thinking of sending and she said tonight....

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Question - I have a classic style winter coat that is dry clean only. Not going to lie it’s looking a bit grubby in places if you look closely first impressions it looks good.
do I dry clean and factor this into the price and list as excellent or do I sell as good but but add a comment into the description to say it might benefit from a dry clean.

I’m thinking my profit would be the same so easier option wins but I really don’t want to be a scruffy slag
I would go with the second easier option. I think at long as you are honest and provide enough info/pictures this would not make you a scruffy slag in my book :giggle:

Reactions: 4

I wouldn’t take the risk you’ll end up with some cheeky rat trying to barter you down anyway? You’re not a SS if you’re completely transparent and describe all flaws, and include close up pics of stains etc in your listing. Dry clean items can be in very good condition but be a bit grubby, they’re an exception to the rule IMO. Honesty is best!

Reactions: 6
Selling something for £17 and of course I get a scruffy slag asking if I would take £7. How about you piss off - blocked

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My nearest Evri shop no longer has a label printer but he refuses to update his listing so people are constantly turning up there and being sent away again.
Mine has been broken for ages and it’s so annoying every time I turn up there. I still go there forgetting and then get pissed off 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t take the risk you’ll end up with some cheeky rat trying to barter you down anyway? You’re not a SS if you’re completely transparent and describe all flaws, and include close up pics of stains etc in your listing. Dry clean items can be in very good condition but be a bit grubby, they’re an exception to the rule IMO. Honesty is best!
This is the thing it’s still in excellent condition but could just do with a spruce up. If it was washable clothing I’d obviously wash before selling but not sure I can be bothered going to the dry cleaners when I don’t think it will increase the sale price enough

Reactions: 2
This is the thing it’s still in excellent condition but could just do with a spruce up. If it was washable clothing I’d obviously wash before selling but not sure I can be bothered going to the dry cleaners when I don’t think it will increase the sale price enough
I mean....I have and do definitely wash dry wash only coats in the machine 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've found the worlds flakiest seller, and frankly I don't know what she's gaining from it.

Purchased item, £10 with fees. She never posted it. Vinted Auto Refunded and I get a message saying sorry, she was posting that afternoon but it got cancelled before she had chance. Did I still want it?
Stupidly, I said yes. Well, here we are 4 days later, second time around and she's STILL not posted it. Messaged this morning and asked politely when she was thinking of sending and she said tonight....
it will come as a shock to none of you she’s not posted it. Her feedback in littered with auto feedback and actual feedback saying she didnt post. I mean why bother.

on the plus side I found a jumper I’d been looking for for a while tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
it will come as a shock to none of you she’s not posted it. Her feedback in littered with auto feedback and actual feedback saying she didnt post. I mean why bother.

on the plus side I found a jumper I’d been looking for for a while tonight.
I will never understand why people are like that? :( If you can´t manage to post on time then don´t sell or at least communicate properly. It´s not like they can scam their buyers through the vinted payment system anyways...

Reactions: 13
Hello TT and SS long time follower but first time posting as need a bit of advice. Have brought some shoe boots which were listed as size 7.5 but received a size 7 (I know it’s only half a size but it does make a difference) I’ve asked the buyer if they would accept as return as they have sent the wrong size item and they said they are happy to refund but want me to send it back at my cost. I don’t know why I should be out of pocket for 2 lots of deliveries when they sent the wrong thing in the first place. Vinted support are just sending me links to send it back where I pay myself or purchase a label through them and the seller wants the item back asap so they can resell! Help me am I being unreasonable not sending them back at my own cost?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hello TT and SS long time follower but first time posting as need a bit of advice. Have brought some shoe boots which were listed as size 7.5 but received a size 7 (I know it’s only half a size but it does make a difference) I’ve asked the buyer if they would accept as return as they have sent the wrong size item and they said they are happy to refund but want me to send it back at my cost. I don’t know why I should be out of pocket for 2 lots of deliveries when they sent the wrong thing in the first place. Vinted support are just sending me links to send it back where I pay myself or purchase a label through them and the seller wants the item back asap so they can resell! Help me am I being unreasonable not sending them back at my own cost?
You’re not unreasonable at all but there is nothing you can do. Just note it in feedback. People say that you can’t leave feedback when you return but I accepted a return and was left feedback so I’m unsure.

Reactions: 4
Ahh… exciting!

(Can I finally shift old bits and pieces from my wedding? 👀)

1700664535105.png

Reactions: 7
I’ve just paid for spotlight for a week. Really hoping I can shift everything I’ve got listed 🥲 i haven’t tried this before, has anyone found it’s really helped? X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.