Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Forallthoseasking

Partner bought a jumper on vinted a few days back. Hadn't been posted yet, gets a message today from the seller saying "Don't know why you've bought this? It's in a charity shop now"

No Hun, not why has he bought it, why have YOU not taken down the item if you don't have it anymore?? How is he meant to know you no longer have it? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I uploaded a pair of kids bedrooms curtains, get a message … ‘what room would you say these are best in’??? Maybe the kitchen if you like having Peppa Pig watching you do a sausage on x

• Haha
Reactions: 37

hehehe

VIP Member
Fucking entitled arses, man. Even before any sale has occurred and I have no obligation to them whatsoever, they're already bringing me a headache. I learned the hard way years ago that when I go out of my way for these idiots I always regret it, so when I spot them now it's straight to block.

eBay
Me: No international delivery - as listed.
Idiot: "Can you send this to Germany? can you change your returns policy in case it doesn't fit so I can get my tax back?"
Me: Blocked.

Vinted
Me: Brand new with tags priced at 70% off RRP
Idiot: * sends lowball offer *
Me: * decline *
Idiot: I don't know if S is my size can I return it if it doesn't fit?

Idiot: I would need to see this on before I buy it, do you have a pic
Me: * reads message * *ponders looking for item on retail sites to get the measurements *
Idiot, 30mins later: well???

Idiot: * low ball offer * followed by message "I need this for a job interview"
Me: Decline and blocked.
I don't give a fuck about your life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Be kond

Chatty Member
I’ve had an “influencer” offer on an item and when I declined, I received a messaged saying she’ll promote my vinted account😭 no need love I’m £180 up in 2 days I’m doing FINE

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
OK I'm accepting. It is something I just want out the house tbh.

Oh ffs just checked and had 3 more favourites. I'll accept tomorrow if nobody has bought it by then.
---
Just sold for full price. Last time I ever get advice from you slags.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

ot55

VIP Member
Wish Vinted would implement a 3 strikes and you’re out system. Fail to post 3 parcels? Banned. Fail to collect 3 parcels? Banned.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Going to open a vinted account on behalf of a local animal rescue centre who need their clothes and shoe stock selling, and wondered if there is a newbie guide anywhere? Even reading just a few pages of this thread, it is clear that there are certain "behaviours" to watch out for, as well as etiquette to follow to avoid being a ss!!

Don't want to muck it up cos the animals need food and vets, but I am new to this and there appear to be plenty of horror stories without reading past threads too! Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Immediate offers of 40% off or even worse messaging asking for even less off - don't deal with them.

Photograph and film everything before sending (including you packaging it).

Check their reviews - anything under 4* don't deal with them.

Usernames like gjfor4oen201 - SCAM.

When people favourite your stuff don't message them saying you can post today/tomorrow or asking if they are interested.

Don't use Royal Mail.

Don't do any deals off the app.

Don't accept refunds without returns if they start whinging.

Don't let people try hold you to ransom over a review - take the hit on your reviews, reply to it and leave them a review in retaliation.

Make sure you list all and any defects.

Ignore sob stories - better still counter attack with your own such as 'awww sorry to hear that but I'm raising funds for my goldfish to have urgent gender reassignment surgery so need every penny I can get'.

If they ask what's the lowest you'll take - reply with the cost you've listed for.

• Heart
  • Haha

hereforthe_tea

Listed some stuff on Friday, TT requested a bundle on Saturday which I promptly accepted. She then paid within minutes and I got it posted in the afternoon. Was delivered today and she's marked as all okay this evening. The tidiest of transactions with the tidiest of tarts *chefs kiss*

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
I find it cringey if I buy something and get a message saying thanks for the purchase or similar 🤢

I want no communication whatsoever. The auto updates are good enough for me and I adopt the same as a seller.

I will only message if I am messaged first, but even then I ignore most messages as I don't want to measure armpit to crotch or whatever other obscure measurements Sharon wants. I listed the brand, go find their size guide.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m so glad this thread exists. Love to sell on Vinted, current got a designer watch on there for £25, still sold on the high street for £175. Had a woman message asking if I’d sell for £15 I said “No, wouldn’t go less than £20” her response was “meet you at £18” I said “No sorry, as I said, won’t go lower than £20” her response has blown my mind… “Ohh OK.i guess then I do like it.i. just not goin to get much wear out of it I'm actually dying from cancer.but ill take it.as I do actually need a new one.it is lovely x”

I looked at her feedback and it appears she says items she’s bought are ok but then leaves negative feedback about the items and the fact she is “dying from cancer”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Lolly71990

VIP Member
a bit confused here tbh (my first ever issue) - buyer reported an issue because the boots are too big. listed as a size 8 but bigger than her other size 8 DMs. they don’t fit me so I wasn’t able to gauge a difference, but they were sold as a size 8 so imo it’s not my problem.

she requested a refund so I’ve said to send them back which she will, but in the pic used when reporting an issue it’s a different shoe? apparently uploaded to show the size difference but it’s of the label so all it shows is the same numbers as my listing? surely the fur lining on her pair would make them a snugger fit too. only other difference is they're unisex / have a US mens size listed so maybe bigger for that reason, just don’t get what that’s meant to prove lol (if someone can explain it pls do!!)

View attachment 2600467 View attachment 2600468
Absolutely DO NOT give her a refund for an item that doesn’t fit. You don’t have to! They were described as a size 8 and are a size 8 end of story. I had a similar issue last week with someone wanting to return a pair of £50 jeans as they didn’t fit. Absolutely no way, it’s vinted not an online shop. You may have to make it clear to vinted as they always support the buyer- but send her and vinted a copy of their own policy. I did and my money was released within an hour x

Reactions: 27

Peony14

Call me privileged I guess, but I will never understand why people use the excuse that they have to wait till payday/can´t afford full price when asking for a discount on an already cheap item. If you can´t afford to pay the let´s say 15 pounds (including shipping and fees) for a vanity item of clothing then maybe you should not buy it at all, at least until you can comfortably afford to do so? I myself don´t have that much disposable income every month and if I can´t afford it then I simply don´t buy it and don´t go around throwing lowball offers at sellers 🤷‍♀️ When it comes to things like baby clothes, necessary items as a whole and the like I can understand it a bit more, after all living is hella expensive, but I fear some (if not many people) do live above their means due to unnecessary shopping and end up being the sluggiest of slags on Vinted (or they are just lying and trying their luck with sob stories 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 25

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
I’m selling some excellent quality toys at a bargain price. If I get one more sob sorry I’m going to lose my shit. Does it occur to these people that I might be selling stuff to afford my own child’s presents?
---
Fuck it I’ve had a wine. Still think I was being polite tbh.
I am employed but that’s not the point.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25