Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Royal Mail collections are free until 31st January 24. I wonder if they will start charging after this?
They're not even delivering so I wouldn't bother.
Still waiting for my RM 24 parcel which was due....Tuesday 🤣 was "definitely" being delivered yesterday. Wasn't. Evri are more reliable atm than RM

kevin1223

Unfortunately this happens alot with inpost (hence I have it turned off as an option) and also had it happen to me when I've ordered things in the past. There are some FB groups for inpost lost items but very few successes as could have gone absolutely anywhere. The couriers seem to just slap any label on any parcel.
I feel bad for the seller , as they are new to vinted. it only cost me a couple of pounds so not sure wether just to say everything is ok so they get their money and I could prob just sell the baby's top 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I have a couple of old prom dresses (which I think were marketed as bridesmaid dresses) and an actual bridesmaid dress that I'd like to sell. Has anyone had any joy selling something similar? Is there a "good" time of year to list these kind of items?

Islawight

Chatty Member
Hi guys, I’m new to vinted. Purchased 6 items successfully, left and received 5* feedback straight away. All going well. Then whenever I clicked the ‘buy now’ it took me to the messages page. Contacted support who eventually said my account was blocked as they need to verify my passport or drivers license. I’m only a buyer and have not listed anything to sell yet. Is this normal?

Right, I've had it pointed out on the Monroe chat thread - who sent me here to find out about Vinted - that this is absolutely not the time of year to flog 100+ pairs of kitten heel shoes!!!

Whilst not in a rush to sell things without seeking decent money, the shoes are taking up quite a lot of MY storage as they are all brand new in boxes. I've just been told by the rescue folk to "give them away and focus on the antiques and clothes."

As a completely hypothetical question, if I were to spend the next few days opening an account, taking photos, adding listings etc, would it be worth it?
IMG_20231221_232235_793.jpg

Eta: I know the Square root of nothing about shoes! These doesn't even look as if they are designed for a human foot!

Last edited:

JellyDonut

VIP Member
I’m kind of in the middle on this. It’s absolutely not fair for you to be hassled, and you were within your dispatch days, but personally, I don’t list things if I can’t post them within a day or two maximum. If it’s longer than that I’ll drop the buyer a message saying “thanks for buying, hope you love it, I’ll be posting on xx”

For lots of people in retail, health and social care, and other sectors the days between Christmas and New Year are just normal days so I can (to an extent) understand people feeling like they are ready to get their purchase.
Hmm maybe. I guess with it being the first thing I sold I didn’t really think that. I saw the 5 working days bit and just thought it’s ok to post it during that time. I’ll know for next time