Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LeonoreGuest

Chatty Member
Honestly the cheeky offer people are out in force today. Listed a pair of brand new trainers in box. No other ones on Vinted the same and they're dead popular. Listed them at half the retail price - £75. Someone has just offered me £31 🙈
Was it wrong just to reply with a 😂 emoji?!

Reactions: 4

Sh1tRollsDownHill

VIP Member
Thanks to the posters who mentioned Whatnot yesterday, that's another shopping app I absolutely don't need but it's so good!!
Download it last night, not made a bid yet but I don't think it will be too long before I'm buying odd bits here and there, I won't be selling.
I've now deleted vinted and depop, the novelty wore off months ago for me. I've got back in to buying and selling the old school way on Ebay, seems to have picked up recently.

• Heart

RandomFrog

Exactly! You think the buyer protection fee is great until you actually need help, it's actually a 'to use vinted' fee really isn't it?!

Ahhh thank you peekachu, I'm just going to be annoying, wait until the last minute to raise it again with vinted then if the resolution is that I have to send back I will not 😆😆 it's genuinely not worth my time or money, I will just leave them a very bad review and hope it doesn't happen to somebody else

• Heart

TheClaw

Everytime I buy something the person takes AGES to post 😴 yet I panic if i take a couple days to get it sent

Hamburglar

VIP Member
Ughhh I’m trying to sell 2 underwear sets where the bottoms are BNWT and both have been deleted and appeal rejected even though I’ve sent multiple photos of the tagged items (which seem to be the issue) 😑😑😑 Bras have no tags but that’s fine according the catalogue 😤

(Hypocritical of me as I wouldn’t buy underwear on vinted but they were expensive gifts and I wanna make a few quid 🤣🙄)
Listed one of them on eBay, sold within 4 hours for more money. Screw you vinted 🖕🏼😂

chickhicks86

VIP Member
So the seller has agreed to pay for the return 🙈

But it's still going to have cost me £4 for nothing if I do return. AND I can't leave a review, now thinking I should keep the order so I can leave the crap review

I think at this point I need to come off vinted 😆😆
It won't cost you anything, you will get postage and buyer fee refunded too.
---
I think they've changed the algorithm or something. All my saved searches usually have about 3 new uploads every few days and last week they were all at 99+ 😅

My suggestions is always a size too small and nothing seems to change it very annoying lol
They've definitely done something. I've been searching for specific band t-shirts - all good until I filter by size, then it just seems to chuck up a load of stuff that seems to be veeeeeery tenuously related and no band t-shirts, even though I saw some in the right size before I filtered. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Does anyone have a magical procedure for when you take several parcels to a Yodel shop where they print the labels? I have nightmares about the wrong labels being attached to the wrong parcels! My Yodel chappy is a grumpy sort….no taking time to confirm matching parcels with buyers. I’m currently reduced to taking one parcel at a time, (pathetic I know!) 🙄
Sharpie - name on parcel - match up lol

Reactions: 3

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Really bothers me when people take photos of their items outside. Like I know not everyone lives in a mansion but do they really not have one decent, clean place they can get the photo? 😅
Ohhh really? I take pics outside 🙈 Mainly because the lighting indoors is terrible and most of my clothes are dark/black and I can’t stand how it looks faded/grey in photos. I’d be interested if this is really off putting for others too.

KirstyC

How are people finding eBay for success selling at the moment?

Sincerely, a fat pregnant woman who needs rid of her entire wardrobe but doesn’t want to get banned for commercial selling on Vinted or waste her time flogging a dead horse 😭😂
I’ve popped a load of stuff on eBay recently after using vinted for ages but eBay just isn’t getting the views I get on vinted. I’ve got some decent branded stuff topshop, river island stuff in excellent condition that haven’t had any views which I find odd xx

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
Does anyone have a magical procedure for when you take several parcels to a Yodel shop where they print the labels? I have nightmares about the wrong labels being attached to the wrong parcels! My Yodel chappy is a grumpy sort….no taking time to confirm matching parcels with buyers. I’m currently reduced to taking one parcel at a time, (pathetic I know!) 🙄
My guy is the same. He prints the label and literally SLAPS it on. He doesn’t place it carefully and straight and then gently smooth it. He literally high fives down on the parcel and then the label is all creased - like thanks mate not like i put a lot of care into wrapping and packaging that.

I do what poster above says, I write the item on the parcel like “pink top” and then also when you get your digital label up on vinted, it now has a little picture of the item beneath the barcode, so you can match what you wrote on the parcel to the image.

I also give him only one parcel at a time, that way before he scans the label, I can do what I said above, and then repeat onto the next without confusing pile, rushing and potentially mismatching.

peekachu

Chatty Member
Anyone used whatnot?? It’s so addictive 😬 it’s live bids on items, it’s like eBay in quick time haha where you can bid and outbid people. I’ve bought a few things good names Zara, topshop etc just waiting for delivery.
I got my first £10 worth of stuff for free just paid for delivery 😀

if anyone’s interested they can join via the link above and get free credit like I did 😀

warning though it’s addictive 😬😂
Yes I love whatnot! It’s definitely addictive, so you have to be careful but there’s lots of bargains to be had. I think you might have used my referral code so thank you! I hope you like everything you ordered 😊

Sometimes I just watch shows for the giveaways, haha! I’ve won sooo much free stuff - Jo Malone perfume, sweets, chocolate, socks, etc!

You can also buy stuff to resell - I bought something last week for £3 and sold it for £30 😮

Also, if you register to become a seller, they will match £150 of sales in your first week. So if you sell £70 of stuff, they’ll double your payout to £140 (minus fees). I’m tempted to try it but the live selling thing is a bit scary!

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Really bothers me when people take photos of their items outside. Like I know not everyone lives in a mansion but do they really not have one decent, clean place they can get the photo? 😅

Rocketllama

Chatty Member
Vinted just isn’t worth it sometimes, buyer messaged me first thing this morning ranting because I haven’t sent their parcel they bought on Monday night 🙃

• Sad