Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been in this game long enough now to expect a Scruffy Slag pop up at any given moment, but really they still do shock me.

Buyer requests a bundle of baby clothes that should be £3. My bundle discounts take it down to £2.70. SS offers £2. I roll my eyes and accept. Then get: "thanks babe, can you reserve til friday x"

🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Really bothers me when people take photos of their items outside. Like I know not everyone lives in a mansion but do they really not have one decent, clean place they can get the photo? 😅

Reactions: 2
Just thought I’d share this here - if anyone would like £10 free credit to use on the Whatnot app you can use my referral link below:

Every show does free giveaways - I’ve won a £50 bottle of Jo Malone perfume, candy kitten sweets and skin care! I also used my £10 credit to buy some vintage clothing and resold them on eBay for £30 profit 😮

(I checked the rules and I think this is okay to share, but happy to delete if not! Not #sponsored - just want to help out all the tidy tarts in this thread as I don’t think Whatnot is very well known!)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Why do people just have bad vinted etiquette?!!

I've bought a bundle from someone after she badgered me on 3 separate occasions, received the stuff which was listed as new without tags...shock horror they're damaged! I don't want to dox myself by saying how but very clearly, gone back to the listing and in the description it says 'used a few times but like new' which I didn't actually see before I bought 😫😫

Am I gonna have to send back at my cost now?!! Bloody annoying!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Really bothers me when people take photos of their items outside. Like I know not everyone lives in a mansion but do they really not have one decent, clean place they can get the photo? 😅
Ohhh really? I take pics outside 🙈 Mainly because the lighting indoors is terrible and most of my clothes are dark/black and I can’t stand how it looks faded/grey in photos. I’d be interested if this is really off putting for others too.

Vinted just isn’t worth it sometimes, buyer messaged me first thing this morning ranting because I haven’t sent their parcel they bought on Monday night 🙃

• Sad
Why do people just have bad vinted etiquette?!!

I've bought a bundle from someone after she badgered me on 3 separate occasions, received the stuff which was listed as new without tags...shock horror they're damaged! I don't want to dox myself by saying how but very clearly, gone back to the listing and in the description it says 'used a few times but like new' which I didn't actually see before I bought 😫😫

Am I gonna have to send back at my cost now?!! Bloody annoying!
Quoting myself to say yep I have to send back at my own cost...so it's going to cost me £7 for the privilege of going to the parcel shop to collect said parcel and back again to send it off, or I could of course keep a damaged item which I didn't knowingly buy 🙄 what is this tit?!!

I am actually quite active on vinted but I've never had this before, I can't get over that I actually have to send it back with how badly damaged it is and the seller listed it incorrectly! If I knew of the damage I wouldn't have bought. So annoyed!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Quoting myself to say yep I have to send back at my own cost...so it's going to cost me £7 for the privilege of going to the parcel shop to collect said parcel and back again to send it off, or I could of course keep a damaged item which I didn't knowingly buy 🙄 what is this tit?!!

I am actually quite active on vinted but I've never had this before, I can't get over that I actually have to send it back with how badly damaged it is and the seller listed it incorrectly! If I knew of the damage I wouldn't have bought. So annoyed!!
I’ve seen some people complete the sale and do a chargeback through their bank so they’re not out of pocket. There may be a chance Vinted will block your account afterwards, but I’ve heard they only do that for repeat chargebacks. It might be worth a try?

It’s ridiculous that buyers have to pay for return postage when the seller has gone against Vinted’s listing policies. It means dodgy sellers can get away with anything, plus if you do return something, you can’t even leave them negative feedback - so the cycle continues. The buyer’s protection fee is just useless 😣

Exactly! You think the buyer protection fee is great until you actually need help, it's actually a 'to use vinted' fee really isn't it?!

Ahhh thank you peekachu, I'm just going to be annoying, wait until the last minute to raise it again with vinted then if the resolution is that I have to send back I will not 😆😆 it's genuinely not worth my time or money, I will just leave them a very bad review and hope it doesn't happen to somebody else

• Heart
The buyer protection fee is to allow you to get a refund. Vinted use the loophole of private seller and private buyer therefore consumer law doesn't apply and technically no refunds are possible, so they claim the charge you for the privilege of them holding onto your money.

The buyer protection fee is to allow you to get a refund. Vinted use the loophole of private seller and private buyer therefore consumer law doesn't apply and technically no refunds are possible, so they claim the charge you for the privilege of them holding onto your money.
Still a crap reason and definitely not 'buyer protection' 😆😆

How frustrating.. anyone had this before? Listed some brush cleansers this morning, they were on hold for “checking” for a good hour or so.. someone has favourited but now it’s being “checked” again! What do they think I’m selling like 🙄

Attachments

Posted a cardigan someone bought yesterday via evri. Received a Vinted update that the parcel had been received today but then got a message from the buyer saying she hasn't got it. She has a few hundred five star reviews.

What happens now - do I lose out? This hasn't happened to me before (I've not encountered any issues with vinted so far about 70 sales and purchases in) so I'm a bit clueless.

Posted a cardigan someone bought yesterday via evri. Received a Vinted update that the parcel had been received today but then got a message from the buyer saying she hasn't got it. She has a few hundred five star reviews.

What happens now - do I lose out? This hasn't happened to me before (I've not encountered any issues with vinted so far about 70 sales and purchases in) so I'm a bit clueless.
What does the tracking say? Next day delivery seems very quick for Evri, it might be an error on Vinted’s side. If the tracking history on Evri says it’s still in transit then you don’t need to do anything, just wait for it to be delivered.

If not, then Vinted will investigate the missing parcel, then refund the buyer and you should still be paid. It does take a long time though! Hopefully it’s just an error and the parcel will turn up🤞