Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love how it shows how much we've made now. Made £796 since I started in Feb! and it says I have £287 left to make if everything I'm selling goes for full price.

I have way too many clothes jesus christ.

Reactions: 4
Anyone got this 🌟
Yes I just got that the other day but I don’t have the bit showing how much I’ve made but I’ve only been selling since April so it’s easy to work out…£682 so far. However, its slowed down completely now, so definitely true they promote new sellers.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Is the earnings to date thing something to do with having to pay tax on earnings over £1k? Maybe they’re making it easier for HMRC?!

Reactions: 3
Hey Im thinking of using them for the first time too. It mentions that everything should be sent to them in a box does it matter? or can you get away with mailers like Vinted

Im just thinking if i go buy boxes my 'profit' will be about 2p lol
Hmm…I’m not sure I’d risk it. Tbf when I’ve sent stuff, it’s been way too heavy for a mailing bag anyway. I usually just get an empty box from my local petrol station.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is the earnings to date thing something to do with having to pay tax on earnings over £1k? Maybe they’re making it easier for HMRC?!
You don’t pay tax after £1k - that was misinformation. You’ll only need to pay if you’re making profit on what you sell, in which case you should’ve been paying tax before. Selling personal items for less than what you paid is not going to get you in trouble with HMRC 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Vinted is helping me toughen up. I am an absolute walk over in life but I’m taking a stand!
Somebody rudely asked ‘can you send’ an hour after buying. I posted that day as I could.
Item delivered and she didn’t hit ok, so 24 hours later I pulled up my big girl pants and asked politely if she could hit ok if everything was ok.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.