Selfloveliv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came across this account about 6 months ago. Whats everyone's views on her?

I sometimes think shes a bit over dramatic but thats just my opinion really.

Reactions: 2
I really really like following Liv. I personally dont see her as dramatic. I relate to her so much as she normalises how extreme certain emotions and feelings can be when you suffer with mental health issues. I can see why some people may view it as dramatic though!

Reactions: 7
Unfollowed her ages ago, she bangs on about herself way too much for my liking. If she helps others, great, but for me it seemed to have crossed over into vapid like farming.

Reactions: 9
Her Instagram is so repetitive! I had to unfollow her ages ago! She's constantly posing in her underwear or dancing in her underwear. I love the message she tries to put out about body positivity but her content is just the bleeping same. Similar captions about suicide/eating disorders underneath every half naked picture! I was losing the will to live!

Reactions: 9
I don't see the point of the half naked pics. Also by saying weight gain is okay, it's also suggesting that it's ok for people to eat and binge regardless of the health implications.

I don't see the point that she's trying to make on Instagram to be honest. I actually cringe at some half naked poses and she actually looks better with toned down make up etc, the bright orange eyeshadow just is hideous

Reactions: 6
I don't see the point of the half naked pics. Also by saying weight gain is okay, it's also suggesting that it's ok for people to eat and binge regardless of the health implications.

I don't see the point that she's trying to make on Instagram to be honest. I actually cringe at some half naked poses and she actually looks better with toned down make up etc, the bright orange eyeshadow just is hideous
Well some weight gain is okay and is probably to be expected during this time. There's been A LOT of memes flying about insinuating people will be looking enormous when lockdown is over, so I get her point of mitigating weight gain anxiety there. But it's just so bleeping repetitive man! She's always in her underwear! Can anyone explain the squid thing? Why is she a squid?

Reactions: 3
Kate’shappinessjourney is another one that bothers me...I have what is probably an unpopular opinion on these kind of accounts but I’m worried I’ll get shouted at on here if I voice it lol but I have to get it off my chest 🙈

I do like Liv and everything she stands for, but that merchandise she has released, she could’ve ironed the top for the photo of her modelling it 🙄

Reactions: 5
I can’t stand her makeup tbh, she looks like she’s caked in mud and needs a good wash. The black hair doesn’t suit her, imo. She reminds me of knee_deep_in_life, only less vulgar 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m sure she’s really lovely so I feel bad but her Instagram drives me NUTS!!!!! That reaching open mouth pose she does? Everything just seems so forced

Reactions: 1
She's a lovely girl but has no idea how to be a so called influencer. Her ads are forced and not appealing, yet she wants to do this full time in order to not have to get a job. I don't get what's so wrong in working for a living and not wanting money for nothing. Have some respect.

She's a lovely girl but has no idea how to be a so called influencer. Her ads are forced and not appealing, yet she wants to do this full time in order to not have to get a job. I don't get what's so wrong in working for a living and not wanting money for nothing. Have some respect.
Selfloveliv and kateshappinessjourney used to claim (not sure if they still do) that their mental health/physical health problems prevented them from getting jobs. But still manage to post on Instagram places they go/all done up in makeup in their underwear or whatever 🤔 I am not for one second disregarding people with mental/physical health problems, I’m sure they suffer and their conditions are very painful...but don’t post on Instagram you going out for lunch or going on holiday and then claim you can’t get out of bed in the mornings and therefore can’t get a job.

I used to follow her and another girl who's name escapes me but she was very much on the body positivity mental health tip. Her real name was Milly and she had a little boy?
Anyway her, Liv and Kate were besties then all of a sudden Milly had some kind of episode and then they weren't mates any more. Dunno what happened there.
I think Liv was a lovely girl but I personally don't find the "hey, it's ok not to wash your hair for a week if you are depressed, you got this, I'm proud of you etc etc" very helpful, encouraging or cheering when you do have severe depression.
As I said though, I do think she comes from a good place and she's trying to offer genuine care and support.
Her friend Milly on the other hand (wish I could remember what her insta handle was but she used to do those "look how great posing/ lighting can make you look thin" photo comparisons and was on the BBC a couple of times) - I wasn't so keen on her
At all.
Edit - it was selfloveclubb

Last edited:
I used to follow her and another girl who's name escapes me but she was very much on the body positivity mental health tip. Her real name was Milly and she had a little boy?
Anyway her, Liv and Kate were besties then all of a sudden Milly had some kind of episode and then they weren't mates any more. Dunno what happened there.
I think Liv was a lovely girl but I personally don't find the "hey, it's ok not to wash your hair for a week if you are depressed, you got this, I'm proud of you etc etc" very helpful, encouraging or cheering when you do have severe depression.
As I said though, I do think she comes from a good place and she's trying to offer genuine care and support.
Her friend Milly on the other hand (wish I could remember what her insta handle was but she used to do those "look how great posing/ lighting can make you look thin" photo comparisons and was on the BBC a couple of times) - I wasn't so keen on her
At all.
Edit - it was selfloveclubb
Okay so I also knew about selfloveclubb, I didn’t realise something like that had happened..but...and I’m not saying she was lying about having cervical cancer..she posted she’d been diagnosed, shaved her head for chemo..and then never mentioned it again..I thought it was very odd? Unless there was a misdiagnoses and it wasn’t as serious as they first thought?

Okay so I also knew about selfloveclubb, I didn’t realise something like that had happened..but...and I’m not saying she was lying about having cervical cancer..she posted she’d been diagnosed, shaved her head for chemo..and then never mentioned it again..I thought it was very odd? Unless there was a misdiagnoses and it wasn’t as serious as they first thought?
So....
I thought far too much about this at the time but I thought....she'd had a cancer scare, deffo.
I also think she had a hair pulling disorder. Honestly I know a lot about this and I also know a lot about hairloss from chemo and I did think the hair loss pattern looked a lot like the former rather than the latter.
There was also an incident where she left Rishi (positivitypoppa) out of the blue and moved in with another guy, then immediately realised she'd made a mistake and moved back in with Rishi and he graciously looked after her while she posted millions of angsty heartbroken songs on her stories
Sorry to derail the thread. I just can't get along with a lot of the MH awareness/ bopo influences tbh

• Wow
So....
I thought far too much about this at the time but I thought....she'd had a cancer scare, deffo.
I also think she had a hair pulling disorder. Honestly I know a lot about this and I also know a lot about hairloss from chemo and I did think the hair loss pattern looked a lot like the former rather than the latter.
There was also an incident where she left Rishi (positivitypoppa) out of the blue and moved in with another guy, then immediately realised she'd made a mistake and moved back in with Rishi and he graciously looked after her while she posted millions of angsty heartbroken songs on her stories
Sorry to derail the thread. I just can't get along with a lot of the MH awareness/ bopo influences tbh
Well I missed that lil nugget about her leaving Rishi! 😨 we should have a new general BOPO influencers thread, only thing is I’m not sure how many of them have the right amount of followers to be allowed to talk about them?

Well I missed that lil nugget about her leaving Rishi! 😨 we should have a new general BOPO influencers thread, only thing is I’m not sure how many of them have the right amount of followers to be allowed to talk about them?
This is a very good idea. I'm rather conflicted on what good they do.
However there is a tendency (I know I'm very guilty of this) to become bitchy on threads about influencers and it is really good fun if you're not on the receiving end but these are really vulnerabile girls.
Also, some behaviour that others may think is disingenuous could also be a symptom of the MH issues.
I dunno, I love talking about this just not sure if its suitable for Tattle.
What does everyone else think?

This is a very good idea. I'm rather conflicted on what good they do.
However there is a tendency (I know I'm very guilty of this) to become bitchy on threads about influencers and it is really good fun if you're not on the receiving end but these are really vulnerabile girls.
Also, some behaviour that others may think is disingenuous could also be a symptom of the MH issues.
I dunno, I love talking about this just not sure if its suitable for Tattle.
What does everyone else think?
I agree ☹ As much as I have a lot to say my gut says we can’t bring these vulnerable people up

I agree ☹ As much as I have a lot to say my gut says we can’t bring these vulnerable people up
So true. I just hate to think that there's exploitation gong on but it goes both ways.
Back to Selfloveliv, I do think she's very genuine. She often used to reach out to fans and say things like "my PMs are always open" but I know that did get on top of her.
It's a big responsibility to take on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.