Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mufasa

Chatty Member
Glad she’s getting some decent push back in the comments.
And how can she write posts about feeling poor if she has kids at private school?? Entitled cowbag.
Starting this reply with ‘Ha’ just says it all about her.

Reactions: 7

Mochalatte

Chatty Member
Is she for real? She can’t go on holiday this year so she’s now an account promoting cheap deals and how to be frugal? Is this her new bandwagon? She spent 3 months in Ibiza with her kids. I couldn’t do that in my wildest dreams - I WORK! Not to mention I couldn’t afford it. She didn’t go on holiday but she went to Glastonbury- I’m shook at how she thinks she’s going to transition into some sort of money saving expert because of one article she wrote that was basically woe is me but I’m going to try and make a buck out of it in the hope that one of the Sunday newspapers asks me to write another shitty privileged article.

Attachments

• Heart

Linkylu

Chatty Member
Her latest post is ‘me’ ‘I’ all the way through, it’s totally self obsessed.
Does she just assume the children enjoyed the experience?
Including the youngest who returned home with her dad?
Does she care?
Doubt it. She’s done what she set out to do, to have an exotic break and cement her reputation (in her mind) as a cool, bohemian, widely travelled mum. Obviously on a shoestring, because we all know how poverty-stricken they are 🙄

Dawnofftobed

If she were taking them off on a proper trek around really interesting places and doing something truly unique and educational, I could probably see the point but their time in Bali doesn’t seem that far away from the kind of holiday they might have in Tenerife or Majorca. Doesn’t seem that educational to me, more like a nice excuse for a cheap beach holiday because she can’t afford to take them out in peak times.

GAC37

I can’t stand this woman. Had to see if she had a thread after reading her drivel. Wow she’s such a rebel, such a woman of the people 🙄. Ffs she sells horrible over priced sweatshirts, lives in a quintessential village, takes magic mushrooms, clearly has fillers and Botox and probably drives a Range Rover. She’s spouted a load of biased crap she’s found online just to be ‘cool’ and have a load of ‘well said’ comments from her sycophantic followers with their bright pink leopard print sweatshirts.

I think she wants an easy life, with all the flash trimmings - who doesn’t!! But trips alone to Ibiza, membership to Babbington or Soho House, private PT all cost money.
She’s been having a midlife crisis for a few years now. She’s been vocal about being unhappy in her marriage for a long time and she’s now dragged the kids to Bali on her own self discovery whilst still being arrogant.

LennonRoad

VIP Member
State of her- I wouldn’t gift her a stay in a garden shed

her “travel’ content is shocking
bad quality pics videos etc
My mother could do better on her Nokia

• Haha

Dustye

She is unintentionally hilarious, "I was upset but luckily I had an infrared sauna session booked." I feel like a div now for having to, y'know, go do my job even when upset.

• Haha
  • Heart

Oliviabob

I don’t know where else to vent this but this morning she posted that ludicrous meme about how people without kids are living the dream during lockdown.

She then deleted it as people commented that they lived alone without kids and were finding it hard.

Instead of acknowledging she was wrong she says that people should look for blessings to be grateful for so they can take other people’s humour.

People (who may not have had a face to face conversation in a month) shouldn’t be counting their blessings so they can take her humour better. As someone with a large following she should be considering humour better.

This just confirms to me that she is lacking in the intelligence department.

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Love how she tries to position her business failing and having to fire 14 members of staff as some sort of strong Mumma hustle.

Never not on brand.

FancyBumcheeks

I can’t fucking bear SM. “oooh look we donate 5p of our hideously overpriced tees to the poor and consumptive” ah fuck off.

When I became a mum for the first time one of my terrifically “woke” chums gave me a “maman” tee and I couldn’t stand it.

to me they are the threads of choice for the worst kind of smug twat who sees motherhood (mainly NEW motherhood) as an exciting lifestyle segue.

• Heart

LittleMissMuffet

Chatty Member
If she were taking them off on a proper trek around really interesting places and doing something truly unique and educational, I could probably see the point but their time in Bali doesn’t seem that far away from the kind of holiday they might have in Tenerife or Majorca. Doesn’t seem that educational to me, more like a nice excuse for a cheap beach holiday because she can’t afford to take them out in peak times.
Yeah but she’s wearing a bead and feather neck piece which is totes educational and not at all giving cringe middle class finding myself affectation

• Haha

snarksnark

Chatty Member
I live in the heart of SE London instamum-ville and I haven't seen a Selfish Mother jumper/ t-shirt in ages. I think they have truly had their day.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
Great points here. I also think these products appeal to first time mums who are figuring it all out, maybe feeling a little insecure and under enormous pressure.

But once out of that baby and toddler stage it does get easier for many. I definitely don’t feel like I have to prove myself to anyone except my child 😂

Maybe many of these brands lose their original core base as they/we/me grow out of it 🤔

But agree with the comments that there will also be new mums to fill the gaps.
Feeling insecure and under pressure thanks in no small part to the instamamas flogging an unrealistic vision. Fuck ‘em all. My kids and I all wear Tu and live generally small lives as they’re little. I have no ambition to show off the flashier side to life in order to get validation for “living better” than the next person.

Struggling to explain my issue with the physical stuff brands vs the grifter privacy sellers. I don’t have any problems with someone making shit to sell for cash, that’s capitalism baby. But then it’s all muddied with the instafam peace sign mama ad gifted press discount child privacy violation rubbish and they morph from being simply a business flogging wares to something that can be quite dark.

Antonina

Chatty Member
It’s a disgrace - posts about Ibiza, more posts about Ibiza, performative posts about the war and finally trying to flog her “make love no war” T-shirts - SHE SHOULD NOT BE PROFITING FROM A WAR

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I cannot believe the SM brand has branched out to gin (and the rambling, slightly guilty sounding email extolling the virtues of drinking responsibly was hilarious). Just... why? I thought the scented candles were pointless and self indulgent, but gin is next level hubris.

The gin market is saturated! Why would you buy Selfish Mother gin when there’s a dozen brands on every supermarket shelf?

• Haha

pancakemaker

Yes she pleads poverty for months but is actually off to Bali for a whole school term in the new year. 🤦🏼
Also pretends she has to get permission as though her kids are in state school when actually they go to a £6000 a term private school X3 children.