Secret Celebrity Gossip #95

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 4 ft 7 (female), I've had to develop a very thick skin. If people make a short-ish joke at me, I just give them a puzzled look and say, 'Sorry, that just went right over my head!'
Some people think you haven't heard every wisecrack in the book!
I know a lot of the 'jokes' or terms I hear are meant with affection and I've reached the age where I really don't give a damn anyway.
The main way shortarse-ness affects me is practical, in terms of not being able to reach stuff on high shelves, etc. but I can still get into kid's clothes and actually get away with quite a lot of lip. Can't do nuttin' about it, so I just crack on.

ETA: It must be much tougher for short men, though. The likes of Ronnie Corbett perhaps became comedians partly as a defence against the ribbing. And good on him for not shying out of helping with nappy duty for the grandkids.
Bill Oddie - only 5'3".

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Very weak tea but I saw Lee from Blue in a supermarket in Portugal ( Apolinia In Almancil ) He was with his mother ( lot of work done) and they were roaring and shouting and just commanding attention . .
They demanded they be helped to the car park with the trolley. We had clocked a really fancy car on the way in and I was wondering if it was his. . Nope they had a very big standard rental

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh please God no! I absolutely loathe Sue Perkins. Last thing I need to see are pictures of her growler!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I took one for the team and looked (you can thank me later :ROFLMAO: )- Not so bad, mostly topless but there are two or three of Anna R-R's bush. Nothing THAT explicit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why is it always people like Lorraine Kelly, Sue Perkins, Danielle Lloyd? Why never George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds? Although I suppose we did have the excitement of the Orlando Bloom paddle boarding pics. That was a fun lunchtime in the office!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I confess I'm curious in a 'watching a car crash' kind of way 😂
See, it’s like a challenge to me in a can I find them sort of way, but after frequenting the Lucy Letby trial thread it’s worrying that if you’re ever on trial your internet history will be thrown at you.

'Now Tangerine Cat you’d have us believe that you never robbed those old ladies of their millions but here you are searching the bowels of the internet for…. *lawyer peers at notes* …… Lorraine Kelly's growler and Sue Perkins' bush?'

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Why is it always people like Lorraine Kelly, Sue Perkins, Danielle Lloyd? Why never George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds? Although I suppose we did have the excitement of the Orlando Bloom paddle boarding pics. That was a fun lunchtime in the office!
If anyone finds nudes of Martin Shaw, please alert me immediately! 😍 I think @Bloody orange Hell would also thank anyone who alerts her too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
See, it’s like a challenge to me in a can I find them sort of way, but after frequenting the Lucy Letby trial thread it’s worrying that if you’re ever on trial your internet history will be thrown at you.

'Now Tangerine Cat you’d have us believe that you never robbed those old ladies of their millions but here you are searching the bowels of the internet for…. *lawyer peers at notes* …… Lorraine Kelly's growler and Sue Perkins' bush?'
I've spent the week watching 'Y Tu Mama Tambien' on repeat. I'm probably going down. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Bill Oddie - only 5'3".
Always thought of Bill Oddie as a bit of a cuddly Womble. Apparently he suffers with severe depression, which I can resonate with. Am quite open about it now but people don't always relate it to the cheery persona I tend to have. That's as much a part of me as the depression but it's strange how people can't always relate to comedians being depressives, although it's quite common, isn't it? I remember reading comments about how Bill Oddie has been seen as 'grumpy' IRL, but it makes sense to me if he's been in a bad place when people have approached him.
Loved 'The Goodies', though, even though he's more known for the nature stuff, now.
Also can't help thinking of him as 'Boddy', following the Alan Partridge episode where he's in the hotel getting angry messages from 'B.Oddy' and he thinks, at first, that it's from someone named 'Body' because of the way the smirking receptionist (the wonderful Sally Phillips in one of her earlier roles) has written the message down. Don't know why the memory has stuck but it has!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Always thought of Bill Oddie as a bit of a cuddly Womble. Apparently he suffers with severe depression, which I can resonate with. Am quite open about it now but people don't always relate it to the cheery persona I tend to have. That's as much a part of me as the depression but it's strange how people can't always relate to comedians being depressives, although it's quite common, isn't it? I remember reading comments about how Bill Oddie has been seen as 'grumpy' IRL, but it makes sense to me if he's been in a bad place when people have approached him.
Loved 'The Goodies', though, even though he's more known for the nature stuff, now.
Also can't help thinking of him as 'Boddy', following the Alan Partridge episode where he's in the hotel getting angry messages from 'B.Oddy' and he thinks, at first, that it's from someone named 'Body' because of the way the smirking receptionist (the wonderful Sally Phillips in one of her earlier roles) has written the message down. Don't know why the memory has stuck but it has!
He was a subject of one of the first Who Do You Think You Are's and I remember it being very sad about his mum and sibling. Can't remember the details but I have a feeling it would have left a damaged child behind...

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.