Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ennui

VIP Member
All you brazen hussies reading More and Just 17. What's wrong with Bunty?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

dorydaryl

Chatty Member

Tom Felton definitely seems the most genuine of those Potter sprogs.

In the article there is a picture of Jason Isaac's with Tom. Great casting as they have similar shaped faces.
I definitely like Tom. I don't know why. Admire Daniel Radcliffe for challenging himself in some of the roles he's taken since but was disappointed when he didn't back up JK Rowling. You don't hear that much about Rupert Grint, now but I cannot stand Emma Watson. Waaay too worthy. She's always had that air of self-importance and her 'acting' never expanded beyond Hermione. Even then, I found her a bit wooden but made allowances as she was just a kid, back then.

• Angry
Reactions: 45

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Eddie Izard has announced he launch a campaign as candidate for the labour seat of Sheffield Central. The first openly trans MP if he/ she wins. Can someone please explain as I’m a bit thick, I thought he was a cross dresser and a trans person was someone who had changed sex? - hence trans = transition
He was a cross dresser. He now wears false breasts and tacky dresses and claims he’s a woman. Funnily enough, when he’s going for acting roles he somehow finds it within himself to drop girl mode and admit he’s really a man. As if we didn’t know that already.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Scuttles

Any gossip on Matt Smith? Someone posted a video of him being interviewed on a US chat show in the House of Dragon thread. He looked totally off his face and had to he told by the presenter to stop swearing! I really like watching him on screen but I don't know, he looks like a hobo off screen. And who behaves like a twat in a professional capacity like a promo interview when they are an experienced professional?
His head reminds me of a fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
I'm way behind on the thread and don't know where this will land, but my mind keeps returning to Cliff Richard the Assassin from one of the previous threads. The mental image never stops being entertaining. 😂
Cliff Richard used a Fray Bentos Pie (cooked, in the whole tin) as a frisbee, to assassinate one of his enemies. He'd been inspired after watching a James Bond film.

• Haha

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Yes, I’m a little tired of being told not to speculate on a gossip thread, I mean, you can’t prove gossip, that’s why it’s gossip!
The same as you can’t prove rape unless there’s witnesses, and of course there never are 😔.
Nobody wants to smear innocent people but I mean….., it’s Tattle, a tiny, tiny corner of the internet. We are not tagging them in or anything.

• Heart

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Hang on, Linda Robson referred to herself as national treasure? As much as I enjoyed the early days of BOAF, she's hardly that. OK then I'm going to refer to myself as Cindy Crawford if we're going down that road of self delusion!
She wasn't even that good in BOAF, most of the time she was just sat at the kitchen table with her arms folded and a face on her. PQ and LJ carried that show

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Big Red Dog

Chatty Member
Which bands and singers are cancelling tours? I have a few gigs before the end of the year, and though I haven’t heard from venues or the artists, I’m worried. During the lockdowns it was going to hear live music was what I missed the most
Justin Bieber has cancelled his gigs so there is some good news

• Haha

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the Misty magazine?
A sort of mysterious, slightly twilight zone mag for pre teens. I seem to remember the stories always had a moral to them.For example, cruel teens chase vulnerable puppy into old house.Old lady tries to reason with them to no avail.Cruel teens are cheeky to old lady.Old lady is a witch.Traps cruel teens in haunted mirror for ev-ah.Old lady witch adopts puppy.
Then the narrator ( Misty), explains the moral of the story.
Probably responsible for me not living a life of crime.

• Haha
  • Heart

Maleficent50

VIP Member
I’m sorry you felt guilty all day, there was no need, but I can understand that the comments you received made you feel that way - they were pretty brutal and uncalled for.
Some people get offended by stuff that may affect them, and yet in the same breath share some questionable gossip about someone else without a second thought! Like you say, this is a gossip forum, we’re all in it together for the same reason, a bit of nosiness and distraction. You did nothing wrong.
I wish you happiness and the best health possible dealing with this horrible disease ❤
Thank you for your kind words xx let’s crack on with gossiping! I find this site gives me a distraction and enjoy the mostly good camaraderie - we are all here to tattle! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Silverback

VIP Member
I posted this on the magazine thread but seeing as we are talking about Smash Hits:

- they used the term ‘fright wig’ for anyone with crazy hair
-‘pop strumpet’ was used to describe the likes of Kylie Minogue
-‘Gordon Bennett!’ was used as a term of exclamation. They used to make orange badges with it on.

The writing was so funny. Then Kate Thornton became editor and tanked the whole thing, silly cow. I worked for the publisher for a while and whenever I was in the SH office it was palpable how much the staff hated her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

kurtCobainsguitar

VIP Member
The 80s were the BEST !
I used to sit by the front door after school every Wednesday waiting for the paper boy to deliver Smash Hits …. You had two deliveries in those days. Take me BACK !
Ub40.. Walkman tapes.. The charts... rara skirts, Duran duran .. Wham!! Corned beef bolognaise 🤢.. findas crispy pancakes... sandwich spread... oh my god!! I miss those days

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

barre19

Chatty Member
Are you ok hun? :rolleyes:
How lucky we are to all be posting and reading here of our own free will, with the ability to simply pop a sock in it and go somewhere else if we read something we don’t like or agree with 😇

I enjoy this thread a great deal, not just for the tea but cos of the brilliant variety of personalities pouring it for us 🤓

And on an entirely unrelated note, @Maleficent50 sending you lots of love.

• Heart

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
honestly, and i know your intentions were decent and all, it’s much the same thing. he’s entitled to not have that shared if he doesn’t want it to be, even if he’s ten, twenty, thirty years after treatment. it’s a deeply personal and traumatic thing to go through, and if he wants to keep it private then he should be able to do that forever.

i’m bowing out though because discussions of illness, especially cancer, becomes very personal to me. the main point really is that people going through serious health issues isn’t gossip, regardless of whether they’re having or have had treatment. peter kay was entitled to ask for that privacy and it should have been granted to him.
There are many topics on here which are close to the knuckle, it’s the nature of Tattle. It’s your choice to decide what does and doesn’t outrage you. You can choose to bow out quietly without announcing it.

• Heart