Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
She wasn’t Jo in Little Women, she was Meg. Thought she played that role ok as Meg was the least interesting of the March sisters in the book. But I agree she is a very dull and average at best actress.
Oh yes I misremembered. She's perfect for Meg then 😄 I did watch the film. It was my favourite book when I was a child then I didn't like it as much as an adult!

Reactions: 1

katz2022

Chatty Member
What’s the name of the rugby player who died beating his girlfriend up, please?

I was on holiday in 1989 in Portugal. The bar I went to was near Cliff Richard’s apartment at the time. He shared the apartment with his 17/18 year old boyfriend according to locals. At the time (wrongly) the age of consent for gay men was 21 in the UK.

Ricky Bibey?

H.R. Pufnstuf

I've a small bit of tea on her. Before she met Brian Ormond, she was a known social climber in Dublin. Demanding vip access to a couple of well known night clubs on lesson Street. It was well known at the time that she had an alleged bad coke habit and was extremely rude and obnoxious to anyone who wasn't in her circle.
Brian McFadden, no?😄Don’t upset Pipsy Pie!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
isn’t it based on the joyce carol oates’ novel blonde? i read it a while back but i don’t think the lead character in it is ever even named as marilyn, just a marilyn adjacent sort of starlet character.

there’s a lot of weird and awful stuff in that book that i can’t imagine in a film tbh.
Yes it’s based on that book and for the film they’ve really leaned in to it being about Marilyn.

L3moning

VIP Member
Yes I watched that. I'm not sure either what to make of the magistrates comments. Sounds like they think he was a dirty perv and engaged in inappropriate behaviour with 15 year old girls but there wasn't enough evidence to prove a criminal offence. My husband used to teach adults IT. One if his students was one of the accusers, not of the people on the programme but accused politicians of being in a paedophile ring. He said he sounded really plausible, but the stories were fantastical. The guy was sectioned in the end, and was diagnosed with severe mental health disorders, so nothing went any further. Its difficult, because there are things like false memory syndrome, as well as people who accuse celebs just out of malice or because they had consensual sex but then change their minds, but on the other hand, we know that famous men have been taking advantage of young starstruck teens for decades and they need to be called to account.
I haven't seen the documentary as a whole, but I've seen clips and interviews with the people mentioned.

Multi-21

VIP Member
Nah. Unimaginative ITV getting a big show like Big Brother? They’ll give it to Ant and Dec, Schofield or Willoughby. Same old, same old with that channel. 🙄
Is it actually on ITV then? I thought it was ITV2 so would be a new face from the same old same old

Em_

VIP Member
I thought Jordan had come out, but obviously not.
Does anyone have any goss on Micah Richards?

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
He’s a local lad. Many tales of drunken nights in the local pub, though don’t believe he’s gay though. He was quite a shy lad at one point, I think strictly brought him a bit more fame and attention nationally.
My money would be on an affair.
I always assumed he was gay 🥴, also rebecca looked like his mum