Secret Celebrity Gossip #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuation of #78 ...

Last discussing Rebel Wilson coming out as gay and a sexual predator being mentioned by Katherine Ryan and Sarah Pascoe.

Also forgot Shepherdess Amanda splitting from her husband.

On the previous thread someone asked if Katherine Ryan and Sara Pascoe were talking about the same person. It appears they were.

'She was speaking to fellow comedian Sara Pascoe on the show and agreed that she too is aware of the man's identity.'

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I was trying to think of an appropriate line to the tune of David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel" to acknowledge Rebel Wilson coming out, but - possibly for the best - I couldn't think of anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Saw this on Pop witch - has anyone had a chance to read this book? Might be of interest to this thread! Also any recommendations for similar books in this vein?
Chris Blackwell – founder of Island Records – released his memoirs this week. While we're interested to read them, the person whose anecdotes we really want to hear are those of Trevor: the old landlord of the King's Head pub next to Chris's studio/health farm retreat, where visiting musicians would decamp of an evening.
Trevor was notoriously uninterested in pop music and was not shy about letting his disdain be known. Paul McCartney had a farm just over the hill and would always give Trevor a friendly toot of his horn whenever he drove past in his Land Rover. Trevor would respond, often without even bothering to look up, by flicking the Vs at him.
He once got into a scuffle with The Cure after one of their party drunkenly mistook Trevor's roll-up for a spliff and tried to cadge a puff. When Robert Smith came over to smooth things over, Trevor told him to go and "get a job".
But best of all was what he did to The Corrs. When they were there, too pissed to figure out how to work the cigarette machine and pestering him to fix it for them, Trevor told them there was a better machine in the other room. He guided them through a couple of doors which actually led to the car park – where he promptly shoved them all out and locked the door behind him.

No more beards as FINALLY she comes out. Good for her.
Who was she rumoured to be dating? I don’t think I’ve heard about her love life at all which is surprising

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Rebel coming out really explains why she was ‘dating’ a very obviously gay man the other year 😂 I didn’t realise they were both bearding though

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t quote from the previous thread it seems. But someone posted a screenshot from Lou Sanders’ Twitter and mentioning the predator could be Ed Gamble.
It’s worth noting that Ed Gamble and Lou Sanders will appear together on the new edition of Taskmaster “Champion of champions” later this month.
Would she do that if it was him? Genuinely asking

Reactions: 1
I can’t quote from the previous thread it seems. But someone posted a screenshot from Lou Sanders’ Twitter and mentioning the predator could be Ed Gamble.
It’s worth noting that Ed Gamble and Lou Sanders will appear together on the new edition of Taskmaster “Champion of champions” later this month.
Would she do that if it was him? Genuinely asking

I think you misread it. It said “It’s NOT Ed Gamble”. There was mention of a predator from the comedy circuit on tv on Saturday morning at the time the original thread was posted on social media: Ed Gamble and another person. They confirmed it wasn’t Ed

Reactions: 7
So disappointing about Hardeep Singh Kohli, I hadn't heard about that. Not a fan or anything, but always thought he seemed nice when I'd seen him on stuff.

Just proves you can't tell a predator by the front they put on.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Saw this on Pop witch - has anyone had a chance to read this book? Might be of interest to this thread! Also any recommendations for similar books in this vein?
Chris Blackwell – founder of Island Records – released his memoirs this week. While we're interested to read them, the person whose anecdotes we really want to hear are those of Trevor: the old landlord of the King's Head pub next to Chris's studio/health farm retreat, where visiting musicians would decamp of an evening.
Trevor was notoriously uninterested in pop music and was not shy about letting his disdain be known. Paul McCartney had a farm just over the hill and would always give Trevor a friendly toot of his horn whenever he drove past in his Land Rover. Trevor would respond, often without even bothering to look up, by flicking the Vs at him.
He once got into a scuffle with The Cure after one of their party drunkenly mistook Trevor's roll-up for a spliff and tried to cadge a puff. When Robert Smith came over to smooth things over, Trevor told him to go and "get a job".
But best of all was what he did to The Corrs. When they were there, too pissed to figure out how to work the cigarette machine and pestering him to fix it for them, Trevor told them there was a better machine in the other room. He guided them through a couple of doors which actually led to the car park – where he promptly shoved them all out and locked the door behind him.
Trevor sounds like fun 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Trevor sounds like a right prick.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
What is the story about Omid Dijalli being a rapist. Was he arrested or publicly named as such by someone or is it just unsubstantiated internet rumour?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
The person Katherine Ryan said she called out could be Russell Brand? He did Roast Battle with her for the 1st season before he was replaced by Jonathan Ross for the 2nd

Russell Brand.jpg

And in an NME interview from 2 years ago when Russell is mentioned she doesn't seem to like him much - “First of all I don’t care what Russell Brand says any time, anywhere,”

& according to the Russell Brand thread from here other comedians have called him out on twitter before

• Wow
Reactions: 29
there is a live happening now on tiktok apparently britneys ex husband is running round Britneys house on vid like a fruitbat, he's broken in.....

Does anyone know what he means by these words? They’re from a famous book but I don’t see the relevance?
Cunning means clever, he's made these too..... Thats Heath Ledger on the left and River Phoenix on the right.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 22.07.44.jpg

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a girl crush on rebel. She just looks like she’d be a fab girl to hang out with. So happy that she’s found love

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Does anyone know what he means by these words? They’re from a famous book but I don’t see the relevance?
What a weird thing to write on a portrait of your own daughter.

EBAD5CBA-2A13-4D31-9135-617D54481E33.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The full quote, if it helps, is

I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely as I can and as wholly as I can, using for my defense the only arms I allow myself to use -- silence, exile, and cunning.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.