Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, first post but long(ish) time lurker here. I detest this man with a passion so had to chip in! Me and my friend were sat outside a bar in Shoreditch a few years ago, slightly tiddly. Anyway, the vile skank walked right past us and knowing my hatred for him my very attractive friend said ‘hi Russell’ in her most simpering voice and gave him a pathetic girly wave. With that, he was like a ferret up a trouser leg and we couldn't get rid of him. He’s one of those who scans your whole body when talking to you (especially my friend’s 36DD’s). He looked filthy and had dry white spittle in the corner of his mouth (hoping it was spittle anyway 🤮). In the end I had to say ‘nice meeting you anyway’ and he eventually got the hint. Still gives me nightmares.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
He did a gig in Regents Park on Monday and decided mingle touch and take selfies with fans and wasn't wearing a mask as apparently he's not sure if they work. Such arrogance!!! And a lot of gullible people thin he is wise and woke. 😠🤫

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
He did a gig in Regents Park on Monday and decided mingle touch and take selfies with fans and wasn't wearing a mask as apparently he's not sure if they work. Such arrogance!!! And a lot of gullible people thin he is wise and woke. 😠🤫
he still gets gigs...?!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Prepared to be stunned at some point.

It's happened so many times over the years. What a gentleman he is though getting his driver to drop them home afterwards.
There are a number of well established comedians openly saying this now on twitter. After his 'analysis' of WAP (that no one asked for) twitter went wild at how he had the audacity to comment on anything under the guise of a 'feminist' argument and all sorts started to come out.

few tweets here

https://twitter.com/TheLondonHughes/status/1294645067823476737

https://twitter.com/TheLondonHughes/status/1294645919996997632

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Never been a fan of Brand, agree with the above posts; I think he married Laura because she essentially lets him walk all over her. She’s not famous, successful or wealthy the way he was/is and this slows for him to be in control/her to be in thrall to him.b

Katy was pretty young when they got married; I imagine he thought she’d be easier to manipulate. We all date one idiot before we move on to the real deal, I’m so happy for Katy Perry that she upgraded and seems to be very happy.

This twit had just added classist to his list of traits.2 working class men described his dog as apricot and cinnamon he expressed surprise at how poetic they were 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Working class people aren’t stupid. Most, I’d imagine, are as highly intelligent as RB flatters himself in believing he is.

people are working class because of lack of resources and lack of access to education, effectively being barred from it by class snobbery and societal inequity.

There’s also the fact that many “working class” vocations are actually highly skilled and very valuable. It isn’t because of doctors that the U.K. in general is fit and well as a society - it’s because of bin men and effective sewers (built by the working class) that stops diseases. Prevention is much better than any cure.
I bought a fixer upper house and for all my university education, I needed the expertise of a plethora of trades people, because I was utterly clueless.

If the COVID pandemic hasn’t enlightened RB to the value of “working class”jobs and contributions, from the check out at Tesco and shelf stackers (ensuring we all had access to food), to the taxi drivers transporting those who couldn’t use public transport, to the cleaners keeping our workplaces and social spaces safe .... then nothing ever will. This latest tweet is condescending and patronising.

How this vile individual ever managed to convince others he was a socially conscious, intelligent, role model is beyond me. At best he’s a narcissistic loser, with a knack for using long words.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I can't understand this tweet, even from him, considering he is from a working class background himself. I half expect he is going to try to cover his arse and make out he is doing research into the "mob mentality" on social media, or something, hence a deliberately provocative tweet. I shouldn't give him ideas....

Reactions: 10
I can only speak for myself, but when I was 17 I went to one of Russell’s gigs.

Afterwards, I went to the meet and greet and I was “chosen”, I told him I was 18.

When I was in his dressing room, I suddenly had the realisation that I was about to lose my virginity to him and I backed out because I wasn’t comfortable. He was totally respectful about it, did not try to push it and made sure I got home safely.

I’m not saying this guy has never been a prick about sex, but from the way he treated me I can’t say he was forceful.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I can only speak for myself, but when I was 17 I went to one of Russell’s gigs.

Afterwards, I went to the meet and greet and I was “chosen”, I told him I was 18.

When I was in his dressing room, I suddenly had the realisation that I was about to lose my virginity to him and I backed out because I wasn’t comfortable. He was totally respectful about it, did not try to push it and made sure I got home safely.

I’m not saying this guy has never been a prick about sex, but from the way he treated me I can’t say he was forceful.
I'm glad he wasn't forceful, but this really isn't a good look for him at all, especially with girls so young and impressionable. Plus others have much worse stories (you just have to read his book, his ex's book, see media reports e.g. of the masseuse or the wardrobe girl on set, all the footage of how incredibly creepy he behaved towards women on camera, plus the as yet unpublished #metoo story that he has managed to keep quiet so far - according to multiple women comedians on twitter).

Immediate red flag for any adult that preys on teens too.

Reactions: 19
I'm glad he wasn't forceful, but this really isn't a good look for him at all, especially with girls so young and impressionable. Plus others have much worse stories (you just have to read his book, his ex's book, see media reports e.g. of the masseuse or the wardrobe girl on set, all the footage of how incredibly creepy he behaved towards women on camera, plus the as yet unpublished #metoo story that he has managed to keep quiet so far - according to multiple women comedians on twitter).

I’m not arguing against any of that, in fact I agree. I was just sharing my experience. This was over 15 years ago, mind.

Reactions: 9

Where is the footage? It is on YouTube?

CHRIST he's gross. How the duck was he allowed to get away with it? Why hasn't he been made to answer for this completely inappropriate behaviour.?
A shed load of money spent on lawyers and PR from what I've seen and heard. Money speaks volumes in this country - the reason we haven't had a 'me too' movement thus far..

(actually my above answer is in relation to other behind the scenes behaviour that has been alluded to - why he hasn't been made to answer for stuff like the behaviour in this video is because he ignores anyone who brings it up on social media and isn't asked about it in interviews, or at least, not in any serious way. He pretends the extent of his past misogyny was using the word 'bird' here and there, whilst conveniently forgetting being consistently creepy and predatory in each and every interaction with women.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
CHRIST he's gross. How the duck was he allowed to get away with it? Why hasn't he been made to answer for this completely inappropriate behaviour.?
That was creepy, wholly inappropriate and harassment. And no he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.