Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread early and please no more racism discussions on these celeb threads as it's offtopic and just gets into an argument. Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I've been lurking for awhile but had a spare half an hour so thought I'd spill my beans :) I work somewhere in the media.

Brace yourself its going to be a long one!

David Walliams - Frosty to say the least but would turn the charm on for phone calls so felt extra weird and frosty when he'd finish the call and turn back to us dead eyed. A real 'come on, get on with it' vibe. Very dismissive. Left a bad taste.

He’s weird because what is he really now? An actor? No. A comedian? Maybe before but not really. A presenter? I suppose?

Jonathan Rhys Meyers - Warned off by handlers not to talk to him but he started chatting to us, really friendly and smelled like parma violets! This was during his lengthy cocaine hell period but seemed on top of it.

Rhys Ifans - Drunk but chatty when he had to be. Surprised to see him with loads of Spiderman merchandise from The Amazing Spiderman which he'd just done, phone case, back pack. Obviously loves a freebie!

James Corden - Now, this didn't happen to me but I trust the person who told me. Quite a few years ago on a film, everyone was on a break and they had some fun catering in as a reward to the crew, candy floss etc. One guy had a toffee apple in his hand and was talking to another crew member, without a word Corden walked straight between them and as he passed SLAPPED the toffee apple out of the guys hand and onto the floor. Corden kept walking and never looked back. Crew members shocked into silence. Haha, awful!

Timmy Mallet - He came to us straight from a funeral. We saw his car park up, he got out of the car, grey suit etc. In the short time coming up the stairs he had somehow transformed into 'TIMMY MALLET', quite the change, haha!

Very friendly, lots of questions. Basically forced me to have a photo with him, happy I did though. Was funny how his wife seemed to be in charge, even helping him with puns. Loads of Mallets for sale in the back of the car.

Phil Tufnell - Nice bloke, a bit confused. Wasn't a sports thing so was wondering why he was there, haha.

Lucy Watson (Made in Chelsea) - Very, very, very small.

Brian May - Very chatty, happy to give everyone a piece of him but it visibly tired him as it went on. Had to have some time to himself hiding in a little pop up tent.

Harry Redknapp - Very easy going, he asked if he nailed his lines on camera could he quickly nip next door to the bar as he had an accumulator on. He was in and out all day. I'm sure he can turn but can see why people warm to him.

Matthew Kelly - Very friendly, really likes crews. I knew, but was surprised how camp he was. Everything was innuendo!

Keith from the Office - Blankety blank. Harmless.

Keith Chegwin - Total pro, again, asked questions about everyone, really worked a room.

Everyone couldn't believe how 'up' he was all the time but once I was in the toilet cubicle, he came in and didn’t know I was there. Even alone he was chirpy and whistling, even did a 'wha-hey!' whilst washing his hands. He did mention how he used to down cough syrup in his drinking days when he couldn't get his hands on booze.

Also, his personalised car number plate was 'KC F2G'. We were all trying to work it out? We asked him as he was passing an office, without missing a step he said, Keith Chegwin F**ks Two Girls….???? Hahaha. WTF?

Tony Blackburn - Accidentally had lunch with him and I told him about my Mum loving him when he was younger. Happy to chat. Total WIG! Great from the front, bad from the back, too severe.

Russell Grant - Very sweaty. Great company, would sing show tunes to me. He had a mysterious peroxide young man following him about that never spoke.

Warwick Davies - Total pro, again lots of time for everyone. Knows what his career/fanbase is and leans hard into it.

Carol Smilie - Total Cnut. Demanding without deserving it. A chill in the air when she entered a room. Thankfully she's worn out her welcome now.

Jean Claude Van Damme - Whilst back on the booze and whatever else he slept with his own daughters stunt double! Head fcuk! He was cameo-ing in a film of hers.

Darren Day - His mockney accent is even stupider in real life. Embarrassing.

Stephen Graham - amazed how small he was. Like, as tall as a garden gate, haha. See also Tom Hardy. They’ve got big heads so look big on screen. They would be good for putting your pint on their head to rest.

Brian Blessed - Insane but great fun. Exactly what you’d want, a whirlwind! Went to his house. He has a Brian Blessed man cave for interviews and P.R. in his garage. You have to maneuver thorough his overgrown garden and loads of mess. He's very playful. Forced me to have a autographed book of his. Talked about going to Mars and how he visits NASA once a year to shout at them to hurry up before he dies!

Apart from Smillie, Walliams & Corden never come across anyone who is a definite wrong um.

To be honest most of the time the worst ones are the low levels actors, even extras sometimes, who have an unnecessary amount of entitlement, perhaps thats why the don’t get anywhere?

Or its all the surrounding PA’s/producers etc that amp it all up, don’t look at them! Leave them alone etc!

Reminds me of a friends experience, perfect example. My friend was on a car advert thing with Tom Hardy. Producers were all like 'leave him alone', 'Everyone who isn’t needed, get in this van', everyone was like, 'what?!?'

And because they didn’t know what coffee Tom likes they got one of everything from Starbucks - mad! When Hardy turns up, he’s like, 'where is everyone? where's the crew?' The producer reluctantly says, 'err over in that van'. Suddenly van doors open up, Tom has got all the drinks, hands them around and tells everyone to get out of the van. Producer looks like a massive dick.

Also, Hardy was supposed to stay within a certain driving distance of the producers in their follow car but Hardy decided it would be more fun to speed off with the camera guy and have some fun around town whilst the producers poo themselves. Fun!

Ooo, almost forgot! Max Bygraves! Years ago someone I knew worked in a hotel restaurant during a summer season whilst Bygraves was doing a show. One lunchtime as Bygraves passed through to the till, the person I know served him and then cheekily gave the tips jar a tap. Bygraves ignored it completely and carried on. When the person I know returned to work the next day, his manager called him in and said he now had to work in the kitchen and wasn’t allowed out front anymore. Apparently Bygraves had gone straight to management and said one of the staff had tried to force him to leave a tip and he wanted them fired! The manager wanted an easy life so to placate Bygraves he said he had but instead just moved him to the kitchen. This persons wife was so mad at this she sent Bygraves a letter saying how horrible he was. He REPLIED! Saying that he was a horrible person (he wasn't apologising) and that when he dies he was going to haunt them! Haha. Bizarre! He’s dead now and they’ve never heard ‘I’m a pink toothbrush’ echoing in the night so I guess he didn’t. :)

Phew, that'll do!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 191
I've been lurking for awhile but had a spare half an hour so thought I'd spill my beans :) I work somewhere in the media.

David Walliams - Frosty to say the least but would turn the charm on for phone calls so felt extra weird and frosty when he'd finish the call and turn back to us dead eyed. A real 'come on, get on with it' vibe. Very dismissive. Left a bad taste.

He’s weird because what is he really now? An actor? No. A comedian? Maybe before but not really. A presenter? I suppose?

Jonathan Rhys Meyers - Warned off by handlers not to talk to him but he started chatting to us, really friendly and smelled like parma violets! This was during his lengthy cocaine hell period but seemed on top of it.

Rhys Ifans - Drunk but chatty when he had to be. Surprised to see him with loads of Spiderman merchandise from The Amazing Spiderman which he'd just done, phone case, back pack. Obviously loves a freebie!

James Corden - Now, this didn't happen to me but I trust the person who told me. Quite a few years ago on a film, everyone was on a break and they had some fun catering in as a reward to the crew, candy floss etc. One guy had a toffee apple in his hand and was talking to another crew member, without a word Corden walked straight between them and as he passed SLAPPED the toffee apple out of the guys hand and onto the floor. Corden kept walking and never looked back. Crew members shocked into silence. Haha, awful!

Timmy Mallet - He came to us straight from a funeral. We saw his car park up, he got out of the car, grey suit etc. In the short time coming up the stairs he had somehow transformed into 'TIMMY MALLET', quite the change, haha!

Very friendly, lots of questions. Basically forced me to have a photo with him, happy I did though. Was funny how his wife seemed to be in charge, even helping him with puns. Loads of Mallets for sale in the back of the car.

Phil Tufnell - Nice bloke, a bit confused. Wasn't a sports thing so was wondering why he was there, haha.

Brian May - Very chatty, happy to give everyone a piece of him but it visibly tired him as it went on. Had to have some time to himself hiding in a little pop up tent.

Harry Redknapp - Very easy going, he asked if he nailed his lines on camera could he quickly nip next door to the bar as he had an accumulator on. He was in and out all day. I'm sure he can turn but can see why people warm to him.

Matthew Kelly - Very friendly, really likes crews. I knew, but was surprised how camp he was. Everything was innuendo!

Keith Chegwin - Total pro, again, asked questions about everyone, really worked a room.

Everyone couldn't believe how 'up' he was all the time but once I was in the toilet cubicle, he came in and didn’t know I was there. Even alone he was chirpy and whistling, even did a 'wha-hey!' whilst washing his hands. He did mention how he used to down cough syrup in his drinking days when he couldn't get his hands on booze.

Also, his personalised car number plate was 'KC F2G'. We were all trying to work it out? We asked him as he was passing an office, without missing a step he said, Keith Chegwin F**ks Two Girls….???? Hahaha. WTF?

Tony Blackburn - Accidentally had lunch with him and I told him about my Mum loving him when he was younger. Happy to chat. Total WIG! Great from the front, bad from the back, too severe.

Russell Grant - Very sweaty. Great company, would sing show tunes to me. He had a mysterious peroxide young man following him about that never spoke.

Warwick Davies - Total pro, again lots of time for everyone. Knows what his career/fanbase is and leans hard into it.

Carol Smilie - Total Cnut. Demanding without deserving it. A chill in the air when she entered a room. Thankfully she's worn out her welcome now.

Jean Claude Van Damme - Whilst back on the booze and whatever else he slept with his own daughters stunt double! Head fcuk! He was cameo-ing in a film of hers.

Stephen Graham - amazed how small he was. Like, as tall as a garden gate, haha. See also Tom Hardy. They’ve got big heads so look big on screen. They would be good for putting your pint on their head to rest.

Brian Blessed - Insane but great fun. Exactly what you’d want, a whirlwind! Went to his house. He has a Brian Blessed man cave for interviews and P.R. in his garage. You have to maneuver thorough his overgrown garden and loads of mess. He's very playful. Forced me to have a autographed book of his. Talked about going to Mars and how he visits NASA once a year to shout at them to hurry up before he dies!

Apart from Smillie, Walliams & Corden never come across anyone who is a definite wrong um.

To be honest most of the time the worst ones are the low levels actors, even extras sometimes, who have an unnecessary amount of entitlement, perhaps thats why the don’t get anywhere?

Or its all the surrounding PA’s/producers etc that amp it all up, don’t look at them! Leave them alone etc!

Reminds me of a friends experience, perfect example. My friend was on a car advert thing with Tom Hardy. Producers were all like 'leave him alone', 'Everyone who isn’t needed, get in this van', everyone was like, 'what?!?'

And because they didn’t know what coffee Tom likes they got one of everything from Starbucks - mad! When Hardy turns up, he’s like, 'where is everyone? where's the crew?' The producer reluctantly says, 'err over in that van'. Suddenly van doors open up, Tom has got all the drinks, hands them around and tells everyone to get out of the van. Producer looks like a massive dick.

Also, Hardy was supposed to stay within a certain driving distance of the producers in their follow car but Hardy decided it would be more fun to speed off with the camera guy and have some fun around town whilst the producers poo themselves. Fun!

Ooo, almost forgot! Max Bygraves! Years ago someone I knew worked in a hotel restaurant during a summer season whilst Bygraves was doing a show. One lunchtime as Bygraves passed through to the till, the person I know served him and then cheekily gave the tips jar a tap. Bygraves ignored it completely and carried on. When the person I know returned to work the next day, his manager called him in and said he now had to work in the kitchen and wasn’t allowed out front anymore. Apparently Bygraves had gone straight to management and said one of the staff had tried to force him to leave a tip and he wanted them fired! The manager wanted an easy life so to placate Bygraves he said he had but instead just moved him to the kitchen. This persons wife was so mad at this she sent Bygraves a letter saying how horrible he was. He REPLIED! Saying that he was horrible and that when he dies he was going to haunt them! Haha. Bizarre! He’s dead now and they’ve never heard ‘I’m a pink toothbrush’ echoing in the night so I guess he didn’t. :)

Phew, that'll do!
Brilliant! Love all these but especially Keith Chegwin saying 'wah hey' to himself washing his hands. What an excellent touch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
So to clear up -I referred to Maxy Farnham as a fish -no he was deffo a dish!

now if we can avoid going down the obvious pweirdo route with this one please;
Does anyone know if Jacko’s kids actually believe he is their biological parent?

Reactions: 9

Ooo, almost forgot! Max Bygraves! Years ago someone I knew worked in a hotel restaurant during a summer season whilst Bygraves was doing a show. One lunchtime as Bygraves passed through to the till, the person I know served him and then cheekily gave the tips jar a tap. Bygraves ignored it completely and carried on. When the person I know returned to work the next day, his manager called him in and said he now had to work in the kitchen and wasn’t allowed out front anymore. Apparently Bygraves had gone straight to management and said one of the staff had tried to force him to leave a tip and he wanted them fired! The manager wanted an easy life so to placate Bygraves he said he had but instead just moved him to the kitchen. This persons wife was so mad at this she sent Bygraves a letter saying how horrible he was. He REPLIED! Saying that he was horrible and that when he dies he was going to haunt them! Haha. Bizarre! He’s dead now and they’ve never heard ‘I’m a pink toothbrush’ echoing in the night so I guess he didn’t. :)

Phew, that'll do!
oh thanks for this as much as I love the scandal type posts, it's great to read the other side and see the nice stories

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I met Brian Blessed at a concert (I was a musician involved in the production). He really is as mad as a bucket of frogs (but in a nice way......)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m commenting because I love hearing all this, I commented ages ago I think on thread 2 or 3 x

Reactions: 3
New thread early and please no more racism discussions on these celeb threads as it's offtopic and just gets into an argument. Thanks
Couldn't agree more.

I haven't really interacted with the last few celebrity gossip threads because I just found them to be really aggressive and arguementative.

The early threads were fun. Things like "I met my childhood hero in Sainsburys when I was 7 and had my photo taken with him" and "My Auntie's neighbour is soap star X. I met her once and she was lovely"

Stuff like that. A bit of a laugh. I come on here (well I used to) in order to get away from the seriousness of everything that's happening at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
OOooh anyone gots any more tea/gossip on him?
I think there’s still a TMZ video circulating online of him wandering around Hollywood so coked up, he tries and fails to take his shirt off.

I was also told years ago Van Damme was meant to be the Predator in the Predator film, but was cut because he wanted to do his trademark kicks in the climatic fight with Schwarzenegger. It would have really changed the tone of that film if that happened :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My ex met Gok Wan in the smoking area on a renovation job in the west end. Ended up having five fag breaks with him. Said Gok was super friendly and invited him up to the floor he was working on with a load of underwear models.;)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve mentioned before but I think Gok’s dirty secret is that he’s straight. He sets off my straightdar.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I’ve mentioned before but I think Gok’s dirty secret is that he’s straight. He sets off my straightdar.
I don't like him. I think if a straight man constantly handled women like that and referred to women's breasts as 'bangers', he'd be pulled up pretty sharpish.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I just watched the 1989 Mandy Smith/Bill Wyman wedding video mentioned in the previous thread.

christ! Where to begin?

None of the guests having anything sincere to say (surprise)

Mandy’s massive headdress dwarfing her new husband.

Mandy looking as if she is already in the grip of an eating disorder (I never bought the ‘candida’ explanation; I recall reading an interview with Bill Wyman after the marriage broke down in which he complained that Mandy would never order anything in a restaurant but instead would eat a few scraps from his plate, which he didn’t like because he wanted his own dinner to himself, and that Mandy, Nicola and their mother were constantly having health treatments paid for by him. Nice.)

Paul Young’s wife showing up to the reception in not just a white outfit but a white glittery backless boob-flaunting jumpsuit! What???? You don’t wear white boob-flashing outfits to someone else’s wedding!! I think this must have been before she went off with Eddie Kidd, before returning to Paul Young. Paul Young’s outfit similarly unspeakable, Wedgwood blue suit with pink shirt, although the same could be said for most of the guests. 1989 not a fashion high point.

Spike Milligan patronising Wyman, with a middle aged woman on a black dress with a red and yellow collar ever-present in the shot, looking disapprovingly at both of them.

Charlie Watts and wife pasting on smiles but obviously thinking, what in God’s name are we doing here?

Kim Wilde accompanied by that bloke from Johnny Hates Jazz who she used to go out with.

The unfathomable presence of a clown whilst they are all being herded in for dinner. Clown looks as nonplussed as the rest of the guests.

WTF, WTF, WTF?????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
My ex met Gok Wan in the smoking area on a renovation job in the west end. Ended up having five fag breaks with him. Said Gok was super friendly and invited him up to the floor he was working on with a load of underwear models.;)
That's one person you never, ever hear a bad word about.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I read something like that before....I mean it was a joke article, but they do say comedy is based on truth haha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Having watched Rylan Clark’s new godawful makeover show I am longing for Trinny and Susannah to return to TV. We need them to counteract the relentless tide of “ooh you look gorgeous you don’t know how gorgeous you are oooh look at those bangers!” guff spouted by Gok Wan and his copyists (yes, I mean Rylan Clark. How does he keep getting work?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Having watched Rylan Clark’s new godawful makeover show I am longing for Trinny and Susannah to return to TV. We need them to counteract the relentless tide of “ooh you look gorgeous you don’t know how gorgeous you are oooh look at those bangers!” guff spouted by Gok Wan and his copyists (yes, I mean Rylan Clark. How does he keep getting work?)
Saggy tits dahling

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.