Secret Celebrity Gossip #160

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf, I think she also did a lot of good work for charidee. I remember when she shook hands with that AIDS patient without gloves on for example, which at the time, when there was still loads of stigma around it, was actually quite a brave thing to do. But she was also a maneater who didn’t care whether the man was married or not. Once she’d set her sights on him, that was it (obvs the man was to blame too). Like there was all that weirdness around Will Carling and Diana watching that surgeon (I think) in the operating theatre making doe eyes over her mask. And as much as she complained about press intrusion, she also used it to her advantage.
I remember Julia Carling presenting The Big Breakfast. When they reviewed the papers there was a picture of Diana in an operating theatre (in scrubs, masked up) observing. Julia went to town on it, even mocking the Diana doelful eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Tbf, I think she also did a lot of good work for charidee. I remember when she shook hands with that AIDS patient without gloves on for example, which at the time, when there was still loads of stigma around it, was actually quite a brave thing to do. But she was also a maneater who didn’t care whether the man was married or not. Once she’d set her sights on him, that was it (obvs the man was to blame too). Like there was all that weirdness around Will Carling and Diana watching that surgeon (I think) in the operating theatre making doe eyes over her mask. And as much as she complained about press intrusion, she also used it to her advantage.
I'm no huge fan of Charles but he stopped seeing Camilla when he and Diana got together, something many confirmed to be true. Their affair wasn't restarted until 1986...after she had stepped out with the police officer Barry Mannakee and he had to be transferred yet to many, Charles was and is seen as the one in the wrong who stepped out first. Moreover, Mannakee wasn't the only one whom she cheated with/got close to while married. There was also Hewitt, James Gilbey, and Oliver Hoare among others. That's why I think it's so funny she used the 'there were three of us in the marriage' regarding Camilla, more so when she was the other woman at least twice with Will Carling and Bryan Adams as his ex said he did admit to an affair with Diana which is why they split, which Paul Burrell confirmed seemingly to a few people. She also harassed the men and their wives during and after the affairs. One example was Oliver Hoare who got over 300 calls and when it was reported, the police found she was the culprit.

As you say, she did a lot for charity and she should get credit for that but her death caused many to wear rose-tinted glasses where she was concerned and it continues to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Yes I agree. Nothing specific but there is a coldness and humourlessness about Jay Blades.
I get the impression he takes himself very seriously.
Very, very seriously and chumming with King Charles made him much worse.
---
Unpopular opinion (I've got quite a few) - I never got Gavin & Stacey. Anyone else or am I in a club of one?
Forced family-ness and forced matey-ness. I found it boring. Plus, I dislike James Corden.

Reactions: 17
I found Gavin and Stacey a bit forced. Like they thought of five funny types of character and shoe horned them all into one show. I do like Pam and Mick though but that may be because I love those actors.

Reactions: 17
I'm enjoying the Charles and Diana chat! It seems that pressure was put on him to get a move on, get married and produce a few heirs, but he was only 36yo, I think, when he married Diana.
There was no need to rush into marriage with someone not suited to the job, he had plenty of time but I suppose the pool of unmarried, attractive, aristocratic women with no previous relationships shrinks dramatically once women are in their twenties.

Reactions: 11
I'm enjoying the Charles and Diana chat! It seems that pressure was put on him to get a move on, get married and produce a few heirs, but he was only 36yo, I think, when he married Diana.
There was no need to rush into marriage with someone not suited to the job, he had plenty of time but I suppose the pool of unmarried, attractive, aristocratic women with no previous relationships shrinks dramatically once women are in their twenties.
Charles was 32 and Diana had turned 20 earlier that month when they got married

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I remember Julia Carling presenting The Big Breakfast. When they reviewed the papers there was a picture of Diana in an operating theatre (in scrubs, masked up) observing. Julia went to town on it, even mocking the Diana doelful eyes.
Some of the press absolutely vilified Julia Carling for that stunt.
Her marriage had broken up because her rat of a husband had been cheating on her with Diana, yet she was shamed for not putting on a stiff upper lip and staying “dignified” 😡
I’m sure I read that Diana was openly mocking her.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I'm no huge fan of Charles but he stopped seeing Camilla when he and Diana got together, something many confirmed to be true. Their affair wasn't restarted until 1986...after she had stepped out with the police officer Barry Mannakee and he had to be transferred yet to many, Charles was and is seen as the one in the wrong who stepped out first. Moreover, Mannakee wasn't the only one whom she cheated with/got close to while married. There was also Hewitt, James Gilbey, and Oliver Hoare among others. That's why I think it's so funny she used the 'there were three of us in the marriage' regarding Camilla, more so when she was the other woman at least twice with Will Carling and Bryan Adams as his ex said he did admit to an affair with Diana which is why they split, which Paul Burrell confirmed seemingly to a few people. She also harassed the men and their wives during and after the affairs. One example was Oliver Hoare who got over 300 calls and when it was reported, the police found she was the culprit.

As you say, she did a lot for charity and she should get credit for that but her death caused many to wear rose-tinted glasses where she was concerned and it continues to this day.
Bryan Adams! I missed that revelation at the time! Wonder how many more there could be?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I found Gavin and Stacey a bit forced. Like they thought of five funny types of character and shoe horned them all into one show. I do like Pam and Mick though but that may be because I love those actors.
They were definitely the best actors of the main cast, by a long shot. How the hell Gavin/Matthew what’s-his-face has ever secured any acting work is one of the greatest unsolved mysteries of all time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The Diana anecdote I always liked is:

Diana was, by most accounts, quite a needy girlfriend. After the initial excitement of hanging out with the Princess wore off, Will Carling found her constant attention quite grating.

One night she kept booty calling him, but he was trying to put her off as he had friends over. In the end he got tired of the calls and, egged on by his buddies, he told her she could only come round if she "shaved her growler for him".

Thinking that would be the end of it, Carling went back to his evening. The phone rang again.

"I've done it. Now can I come round?"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
The Diana anecdote I always liked is:
That was in Popbitch years ago. Must admit I don't find that very funny - rugby boys are pretty grim people when they get together, and like the worst of the football 'laddishness' treat women with contempt, usually.

There was a bit of whispering about what James Haskell and his rugby mates got up to (when he was very much with Chloe) but somehow those stories got hushed up and only appeared in the papers very briefly. Who knew RIchard Madeley had such an iron grip on the print press (I'm joking..I have a weird affection for Richard and Judy).

Though, nobody forced DIana to do it. Most women with their heads screwed on a bit tighter would've told him to duck off.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
LOL lamb to slaughter oh please let's not get carried away. Women were getting married at 18/19 back then and seen to be left on the shelf if unmarried at 21. Diana knew exactly what she wanted and she went for it. And there are worse things than being married into wealth. Most married people are in loveless marriages anyway, they survive and they don't have all the wealth and comfort to keep them sane on a daily basis which she did.
You are absolutely right. You were labelled a Spinster

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That was in Popbitch years ago. Must admit I don't find that very funny - rugby boys are pretty grim people when they get together, and like the worst of the football 'laddishness' treat women with contempt, usually.

There was a bit of whispering about what James Haskell and his rugby mates got up to (when he was very much with Chloe) but somehow those stories got hushed up and only appeared in the papers very briefly. Who knew RIchard Madeley had such an iron grip on the print press (I'm joking..I have a weird affection for Richard and Judy).

Though, nobody forced DIana to do it. Most women with their heads screwed on a bit tighter would've told him to duck off.
I have most of my stories from Popbitch and just post them without comment. I've not been following the Haskell/Chloe Madeley story so I don't know what is going on there, though having known a few rugby boys years ago, I do worry about them.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.