Secret Celebrity Gossip #160

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Scum tried to get him cancelled when it happened but seeing as many found it funny and Lamont himself never complained, nothing came from it. He disappeared for a while but came back a year or so later as no one cared apart from the papers. He is a jack of all trades having done theatre, film, TV, panto etc. He has even voiced kids' shows and presented a reality show on Sky for a bit.
I watched that show live and it was absolute comic genius.
Nobody had ever seen Julian Clary out of drag and sparkly makeup, as he was only known for his Joan Collins Fan Club act.
Then he comes on, looking unbelievably handsome in a black tuxedo, and just as people are realising who it is, he says ”… I’ve been fisting Norman Lamont” which was SUCH an outrageous comment at that time. The audience were shocked rigid while also crying with laughter.
As people said upthread, I don’t think anything could be that shocking and funny nowadays - the only thing that would shock like that would have to also be nasty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Nobody had ever seen Julian Clary out of drag and sparkly makeup, as he was only known for his Joan Collins Fan Club act.
Then he comes on, looking unbelievably handsome in a black tuxedo, and just as people are realising who it is, he says ”… I’ve been fisting Norman Lamont” which was SUCH an outrageous comment at that time. The audience were shocked rigid while also crying with laughter.
As people said upthread, I don’t think anything could be that shocking and funny nowadays - the only thing that would shock like that would have to also be nasty.
Many years ago I went to small concert at Royal Festival hall,Women jazz group and funny,(so sorry I bleeping forget the name)Julian on stage to introduce them,I was oh my what a gorgeous looking very tall guy he was,he was so lovely,very handsome guy.Love him.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was a student in the early seventies. None of us thought of ourselves as spinsters at twenty-one. It was very unusual to marry before you graduated.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

One of my favourite photographs EVER is Martin Clunes' reaction to said fisting comment!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Many years ago I went to small concert at Royal Festival hall, Women jazz group and funny,(so sorry I bleeping forget the name)Julian on stage to introduce them,I was oh my what a gorgeous looking very tall guy he was,he was so lovely,very handsome guy.Love him.
Fascinating Aida?

Loving all the Clary love on here - I’ve adored him since his JCFC days, and when he was announced on the recent series Taskmaster it made my year 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Mention of Julian as the JCFC reminded me of his little dog - does anyone remember Fanny the Wonder Dog?
I just looked up what happened to her, and she died in 1999 at the age of 19 ❤
I'm slightly struggling with the fact 1999 was 25 years ago though, when I think 25 years ago my mind goes to the 1980s!!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm no huge fan of Charles but he stopped seeing Camilla when he and Diana got together, something many confirmed to be true. Their affair wasn't restarted until 1986...after she had stepped out with the police officer Barry Mannakee and he had to be transferred yet to many, Charles was and is seen as the one in the wrong who stepped out first. Moreover, Mannakee wasn't the only one whom she cheated with/got close to while married. There was also Hewitt, James Gilbey, and Oliver Hoare among others. That's why I think it's so funny she used the 'there were three of us in the marriage' regarding Camilla, more so when she was the other woman at least twice with Will Carling and Bryan Adams as his ex said he did admit to an affair with Diana which is why they split, which Paul Burrell confirmed seemingly to a few people. She also harassed the men and their wives during and after the affairs. One example was Oliver Hoare who got over 300 calls and when it was reported, the police found she was the culprit.

As you say, she did a lot for charity and she should get credit for that but her death caused many to wear rose-tinted glasses where she was concerned and it continues to this day.
I don’t believe for a second that Charles and Camilla ever stopped their affair.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
New thread here

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.