Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
They're filming the Ink Black Heart book from the Strike series at the moment......
ETA I liked watching previous series of Strike, but having been urged to read the book by Tattlers, I have to agree the books are much better.
However, I do hope this series of TIBH lives up to the book 🙏.
Otherwise I'll just have to spend my time gazing at Tom Burke on the screen 🤭
Never watched the tv programme but I thought the ink black heart was a long drawn out book. Worst of the series

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
It's when he said 'you came across the world' and then corrected it to 'halfway across the world' sounded a bit scripted to me or it was at least with the camera in mind.
Yeah I thought it was genuine until I heard that and how they spoke to each other. Sounded too scripted

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
I also just listened to the new Beyoncé single. What a load of bollocks.

As I said on the Beyoncé thread, she is cynically dipping into different genres in an attempt to stay interesting- Renaissance was popular with gay culture and now she’s gone country.

It reminds me of Madonna in her heyday- constantly staying relevant by being a shape-shifting chameleon. She too had her little nod to country music with her Music album.

I don’t buy any talk about this being something that Beyoncé wanted to do. She’s a money making machine with a big team around her and they go int the direction of the cash. Let’s not pretend this is about her Texas roots.

This is what I hate about the music industry- it’s all about exposure and money making. Look at Ice Spice- a total charisma-less Miss Nothing. But there’s all the hype that we are meant to buy in to.

I’d actually rather take Dane Bowers and Vicky B singing about being out of their minds than this nonsense.
I like her new songs 🤷🏻‍♀️

She's done country influenced stuff before - she had a song with Dixie Chicks or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays on Lemonade.

I like Renaissance Pt I as well.

No, I don't believe her stans claiming it's all some grand master plan by her to "reclaim black music" and single handedly revolutionise the music industry or whatever bollocks.

It's more likely she fancied trying some different genres - particularly ones that are enjoying mainstream crossover success - and her team pulled together suitable collaborators.

At least her musical output is varied, unlike some artists.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
That hug and kiss, Swift gave her boyfriend at the Superbowl after his team won had zero chemistry, and was so robotlike.
It's when he said 'you came across the world' and then corrected it to 'halfway across the world' sounded a bit scripted to me or it was at least with the camera in mind.

• Wow
When Linda Robson was in rehab and disappeared for almost a year, the media kept quiet. Wonder why some get protected?
It might depend on how much money they have to pay the papers to keep quiet 🤔 otherwise I totally agree with you, why some and not others protected?

• Haha

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I’d rather be one of the people alluded to in this week’s Popbitch squatting over cornflakes shitting out milk than touch that boiled eggy goon any day of the week mate.
Totally agree 😂 I’m surprised Eggggg doesn’t have his own thread tbh!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

BonBon27

VIP Member
I wasn't getting at you, it just bothered me they didn't include him and think it's okay to say he'll be included in the TV baftas when, let's face it, which ceremony is most well known/attended/watched?
Let’s hope they do something a bit more special now to make up for it, like the awards in the US that had that lovely version of the Friends theme song.

• Heart
Reactions: 6