Secret Celebrity Gossip #144

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
A 23 yr girl went to a concert and lost her life and that’s meant to be a funny comment?
I don’t think the poster was making light of the loss of life, I think they were pointing out that before she died, she was listening to Taylor Swift's singing, and I, like them, can appreciate the tragedy of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t think the poster was making light of the loss of life, I think they were pointing out that before she died, she was listening to Taylor Swift's singing, and I, like them, can appreciate the tragedy of that.
Yeah I ”got it” but there’s a time and a place for jokes and that’s not it especially in light of a girl losing her life having queued for many hours as a Taylor fan in the sweltering heat with a lack of water due to a stadium ban on water bottles.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
the poor girl died before the concert even started, so it’s not really an accurate “joke”. i have to say i agree with the original replier: it was a very poorly judged comment imo. my first thought on hearing of someone basically dying from heat exhaustion at a concert wouldn’t be to make a crack about the artist they were intending to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Bad taste jokes will always occur. Some are funny, some aren't. As they go, that one was meh, but I don't think it merits a multiple page discussion, tbh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Yeah I ”got it” but there’s a time and a place for jokes and that’s not it especially in light of a girl losing her life having queued for many hours as a Taylor fan in the sweltering heat with a lack of water due to a stadium ban on water bottles.
It's terrible they were banning bottled water. Presuming because there's been a speight of stars moaning about people throwing things onto the stage. The one thing that should be freely available is water- from taps etc and (re-usable, lightweight) bottles carried by everyone. Security should also be passing bottles of water out to those at the front/ lightly spraying water near them as well when it's hot.
The Travis Scott AstroWorld tragedy was horrendous. The way it was so overcrowded and so many people were able to just burst through, with nowhere to go in a crush. I've been to manic gigs/ moshpits before but never a crown surge/ crush thank god. There was one in Brixton with an Afrobeat singer's gig last year with a surge, really terrible. Brixton Academy may now be permanently closed over that tragedy.
So sad that young folks just wanting to go out and have fun (often for the first time) can endanger or lose their lives like this.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
It's terrible they were banning bottled water. Presuming because there's been a speight of stars moaning about people throwing things onto the stage. The one thing that should be freely available is water- from taps etc and (re-usable, lightweight) bottles carried by everyone. Security should also be passing bottles of water out to those at the front/ lightly spraying water near them as well when it's hot.
The Travis Scott AstroWorld tragedy was horrendous. The way it was so overcrowded and so many people were able to just burst through, with nowhere to go in a crush. I've been to manic gigs/ moshpits before but never a crown surge/ crush thank god. There was one in Brixton with an Afrobeat singer's gig last year with a surge, really terrible. Brixton Academy may now be permanently closed over that tragedy.
So sad that young folks just wanting to go out and have fun (often for the first time) can endanger or lose their lives like this.
Stars haven't been "moaning", hole attention seekers have genuinely been putting their safety at risk. Harry Styles and others have been hit in the eyes and Bebe Rexha suffered a minor head injury.

HOWEVER, if venues want to ban bottles for that reason they should make sure water is available in paper or plastic cups and should also spray the audience with water if necessary, especially in hot countries like Brazil.

Reactions: 20
I’ve been to a few concerts recently where the tap water was hot so that people had to buy water, which is disgraceful
Some dodgy clubs in the 90s used to lock off the water in the bathrooms to force people to buy it at an extortionate rate. As they were all on E I'd imagine a tragedy happened and then they said they must offer free drinking water. Terrible that it still goes on now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Some dodgy clubs in the 90s used to lock off the water in the bathrooms to force people to buy it at an extortionate rate. As they were all on E I'd imagine a tragedy happened and then they said they must offer free drinking water. Terrible that it still goes on now.
Leah Betts is the famous one.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I was at a gig earlier, so glad to find a water cooler near the merch and bar - made a beeline after the support!
---
Leah Betts is the famous one.
Too much water rather than too little, she drank around 7L or something, although E does dehydrate.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Stars haven't been "moaning", hole attention seekers have genuinely been putting their safety at risk. Harry Styles and others have been hit in the eyes and Bebe Rexha suffered a minor head injury.

HOWEVER, if venues want to ban bottles for that reason they should make sure water is available in paper or plastic cups and should also spray the audience with water if necessary, especially in hot countries like Brazil.
I've got a vague recollection that Harry got hit by a shoe in Glasgow during his 1D days.

Some wee lassie got over excited and threw her shoe at him. Could only happen in Glasgow!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.