Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ambrosie

VIP Member
Someone like that just needs to be put down. They are never going to change or stop.
A friend of mine (well now ex-friend) went to prison for having indecent images of children under 15, and bestiality pics as well. He’s not supposed to access social media etc online anymore. He is in and out of prison constantly for being caught on the internet. He can’t be rehabilitated. He came out of prison worse than he went in as he just met like-minded arseholes in there, as he only ever met other sex offenders, so now is friends with other “pedalos”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

House of Tea

VIP Member
Do any of you follow Richard E Grant on Instagram? I feel for him, losing his wife, but his IG can be so hammy. He reposted this guy taking him off.It is him to a T. The same guy does Kiera Knightly and Adele.

• Haha

qwikti

Chatty Member
I want to preface this by saying Everything Everywhere All at Once was a phenomenal movie, I adored it and literally couldn't bring myself to blink at some points because I didn't want to miss a single frame.

BUT. I think Cate Blanchett in Tar was absolutely miles ahead of Michelle Yeoh's performance in EEAAO. There was so much more nuance in her performance. And again, I fucking adored EEAAO.

I'm disappointed to see people (not pointed at anyone in this thread, I mean generally) act like Cate doesn't 'deserve' it just because she's unlucky enough to be up against a woefully under-respected actress. If she wins, she earned it by putting on a genuinely amazing performance. The Academy's problems with race and horribly stale voting committee shouldn't mean we denigrate genuinely talented actresses.

• Heart

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
Alison Hammond to Bake Off is such a no no for me. No one will get a word in edgeways. And that laugh. No.
I feel like they could have brought back a bake off contestant to front it. There are some who had loads of charisma and actually decent.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Been finishing ‘You’ this week and fell down a Penn Badgely shaped rabbit hole. The interesting snippets I found involved, and I quote ‘spanking women until they barked’ and ‘probably asked for less sex scenes this season as he was knocking off the girl who played Love Quinn in the last one and his wife out her foot down’.

Both rumour obviously. He kind of looks homeless this season.

• Wow
  • Haha

Curlygirl28

What you said did read to me as being dismissive, "just" or not? I'd guess the paparazzi following her had the same mindset, which is sad.

I'm well aware that depressed addicts can seem selfish and it's very hard to be around them.

Similarly, you're assuming I'm hero worshipping when I'm actually showing a bit of empathy for a woman who was so terrified near the end she becamse agoraphobic. And I did say some negative things about her.
I agree with you, I don't particularly have strong feelings about Paula Yates but I do have empathy for her, her life and what ultimately happened to her. Certainly not hero worship in any way or justifying her choices

Reactions: 21

Lalla

VIP Member
Oh, I loved Sleeper ha. Always wanted Louise Wener's hair but never had the guts to get it cut. Inbetweener came on the radio the other day and I was chuffed I remembered all the words 😆 The bleak af lyrics went completely over my head as a teenager though
I loved Sleeper and Louise's hair 😊, although Connection was great I never took to Justine, she always seemed a bit try hard.
My favourites were Republica. I used to listen to Drop Dead Gorgeous constantly. Saffron had great hair too!

Music was fantastic in the early/ mid 90s, so many women fronting groups...Portishead and Dubstar were 2 other favourites of mine from that time.

• Heart

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Don't any of these celebs look at pics of others who've had buccal fat removal and not realise how wizened they'll look after? 😂

• Haha
Yes, he was at the wedding (I don't even need to look it up!). I'll add the pic anyway (this one is more of an outtake, not the one that made the papers):
View attachment 2033439
I love this photo, it’s so much of a time and everyone looks really happy. I have nothing to add re Paula but I think she was the first “celeb” death that really hit me for six. The one that absolutely floored me was Amy Winehouse, but I’ve rambled on about that one before.

• Heart
  • Sad

Clytemnestra

Chatty Member
Complete change of subject, but this came up on my Facebook feed today - Disney+ are turning Jilly Cooper's Rivals into a mini series with a great cast (David Tennant, Aiden Turner, Rufus Sewell etc):

Mind you, if my teenage memories are right, they'll only have a novella left once they take out all the racy bits...

• Haha

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
Regarding the Rupert Murdoch sex cluedo.
Him,in the bedroom ,with a mogodon, me ,in the hallway,with a suitcase full of cash.

• Haha

Honeytheonions

Chatty Member
Well, a few people read it the same way (re the "junkie" comment) and I was explaining myself, in case you thought I was being all unicorn and rainbows.
I understand your point. One of my family members was an alcoholic, which killed him despite many warnings and another hanged himself. It's the people left behind that deserve the greatest compassion. It completely fucks them up, and they have no say.

• Heart