Secret Celebrity Gossip #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently that clip has been doing the rounds for years. The apologists say they were young, addicts. They wouldn’t do it now. Not on live tv, no, but elsewhere, of course they would.
It has and yet the Red Hot Chili Peppers and they became even bigger. RHCP have won award after award. They were honoured at the MTV VMAs last year. It hasn’t affected them at all.

Reactions: 5
One of myth, I'd slightly like to be is Freddie and Kenny Everett dressed Princess Diana up as a man, and took her to a gay bar. Whether it actually happened or not is still a mystery, but various people have spoken about it. In Cleo's book The Power of Positive Drinking, she claimed that the group were having champagne at Kenny’s home, before Diana asked about their plans for the rest of the evening. They said they were heading to a well known gay bar in London – and Diana is believed to have asked if she could join them. Kenny then allegedly dressed Diana up in his clothes, and Rocos claimed that she looked like "a rather eccentrically dressed gay male model." Cleo wrote: "Diana and Freddie were giggling, but she did order a white wine and a beer. Once the transaction was completed, we looked at one another, united in our triumphant quest. We did it! "When we walked in… we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute. But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it."

Cleo elaborated on the story in her other book Kenny and Me: Bananas Forever, in which she revealed the pair would watch Golden Girls together. "Freddie said, 'Go on, let the girl have some fun.' […] Scrutinising her in the half light, we decided that the most famous icon of the modern world might just – just – pass for a rather eccentrically dressed gay male model…"We inched through the leather throngs and thongs, until finally we reached the bar. We were nudging each other like naughty schoolchildren."

Various websites mention it, including Smooth Radio when it was part of an Urban Myths program. https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/queen/freddie-mercury-princess-diana-vauxhall-tavern/

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I used to watch the James Whale Radio Show but don't remember that clip. Absolutely horrendous. Amazing what was acceptable then but there was a whole load of programmes around of a similar vein. Some of those late night Friday night shows were crazy and gross.

Reactions: 17
I see Colin Murray has split with his wife - they were married for around 10 years.
Any tea on Colin?
I like him - as a regular Countdown viewer I love what he's done with the show, I think he gets the tone just right.

Reactions: 5
I see Colin Murray has split with his wife - they were married for around 10 years.
Any tea on Colin?
I like him - as a regular Countdown viewer I love what he's done with the show, I think he gets the tone just right.
I remember him and Edith Bowman on RI:SE, amazed both still friends with each other, used to wonder if they were more.

Reactions: 7
I used to watch the James Whale Radio Show but don't remember that clip. Absolutely horrendous. Amazing what was acceptable then but there was a whole load of programmes around of a similar vein. Some of those late night Friday night shows were crazy and gross.
Oh don’t! I remember The Word and their ‘I’d do anything to get on TV’ slot. 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Just loved the Kenny Everett TV show, too. I was also probably way too young to watch it, but did! Brother-Lee-Love (with the giant hands), Cupid Stunt, Gizzard Puke, Sid Snot, the Rod Stewart inflatable arse piss-take, Marcel Wave, Morris Miner and so on. Happy days!
ETA: Oh, and Cleo Rocos, one of his sidekicks. I was mesmerized by her.
I loved it too being a very young impressionable girl back then! I had no idea what Cupid Stunt meant but I used to impersonate the character all the time and was never told off! I don't my mum even knew what it meant!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love Pink but she seems to randomly spilling a LOT of tea whilst promoting her latest album.

- Didn’t/doesn’t like Christina A
- Feels like a big sister to Britney (errr?)
- ‘Madonna doesn’t like me’

it all feels a bit….tacky? Is it new management or something?

Reactions: 22
I love Pink but she seems to randomly spilling a LOT of tea whilst promoting her latest album.

she’s been vocally not a fan of christina for ages. she’s told the same story about hating the lady marmalade shoot while pointedly saying that maya and lil kim were “nice” for years (admittedly christina was/is always a diva though).

i think she’s always had that streak in her. i remember she did a music video where she sort of made fun of jessica simpson and the like (stupid girls?) - but maybe she just is vocalising it more!

Reactions: 10
she’s been vocally not a fan of christina for ages. she’s told the same story about hating the lady marmalade shoot while pointedly saying that maya and lil kim were “nice” for years (admittedly christina was/is always a diva though).

i think she’s always had that streak in her. i remember she did a music video where she sort of made fun of jessica simpson and the like (stupid girls?) - but maybe she just is vocalising it more!
Pink has always been horrible to Christina Aguilera - here's a post on Reddit showing her pretending to duck a blow up doll of her

Reactions: 6

This reminds me of the rumour that Christina had a lesbian fling with Da Brat

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Oh don’t! I remember The Word and their ‘I’d do anything to get on TV’ slot. 🤢
I remember that! There was one guy who drank a pint of sick and another who snogged a very elderly lady with false teeth.I used to think I was so naughty staying up late to watch the Word and Eurotrash on a Friday night after my parents went to bed. I’ll never forget a bloke pulling an office chair by a chain attached to his cock for some reason😂 I think the show was axed shortly after that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I remember that! There was one guy who drank a pint of sick and another who snogged a very elderly lady with false teeth.I used to think I was so naughty staying up late to watch the Word and Eurotrash on a Friday night after my parents went to bed. I’ll never forget a bloke pulling an office chair by a chain attached to his cock for some reason😂 I think the show was axed shortly after that.
bleeping LOVED that show. I remember L7 performing in t-shirts with their muffs out.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

I went to see her live quite early on in her career when she played smaller gigs (think it was Barrowlands or somewhere?) and she had blow up dolls of Britney and Christina sat on chairs and she took the piss out of them for ages.
Then she got a bloke out of the audience to sit down whilst she danced provocatively for and then they both simulated sex acts on the dolls!

Reactions: 2
Any tea on Colin?
He and his wife always seemed very private. Hardly ever seen together and he rarely mentioned her. Just kept work/private very separate. His wife is a composer and wrote the theme music for Line of Duty.

Colin does seem to be very principled - he left Talksport when Murdoch took it over, as he, Colin, is a big Liverpool FC fan and wouldn't stay because of Hillsborough.

Reactions: 30

Never got the hype with Pink. Tried to be RnB when she first came out, that fizzled away - then changed her style to Pop to sell records. All whilst supposedly being 'edgier' than her peers at the time. She was exactly the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
He and his wife always seemed very private. Hardly ever seen together and he rarely mentioned her. Just kept work/private very separate. His wife is a composer and wrote the theme music for Line of Duty.

Colin does seem to be very principled - he left Talksport when Murdoch took it over, as he, Colin, is a big Liverpool FC fan and wouldn't stay because of Hillsborough.
I'm watching repeats of House Of Game this week, I had forgotten how competitive he was!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.