Secret Celeb Gossip #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woohoo, I've never been brave enough to start a thread so thanks for this!
Just thought of a very small-time piece of gossip I have.
Friend of mine is an actor and was in a stage show with Lionel Blair. Apparently he was super forward in trying it on with all the young male actors to the point of it being uncomfortable.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Friend of mine is an actor and was in a stage show with Lionel Blair. Apparently he was super forward in trying it on with all the young male actors to the point of it being uncomfortable.
He’s always come across as a bit of a perv to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Yes!! I've posted similar on here before. A friend of my husband's aunt(male and young) worked with him in the 80s and he was a letch :(

Was just thinking the same last night.
oh yes,hope she's ok :(

Thank you for the thread. Anyone seen our Tealover49 around? 😘
She hasn't posted since 14 November :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I heard Joe Wicks on Desert Island Discs and he cried when talking about his dad being a drug addict, it was very moving.
But it was cringe when he said he married ‘his favourite page 3 girl’.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Yes!! I've posted similar on here before. A friend of my husband's aunt(male and young) worked with him in the 80s and he was a letch :(

oh yes,hope she's ok :(

She hasn't posted since 14 November :(
But she’s reacted to and viewed thing since then. Apparently she was last in the forums 40 minutes ago. @TeaLover49 we miss you and are thinking of you. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 30
on Philip Green, how many shops/companies has he bought that went to the wall? and eemmmhhh has anything ever done well under him>

Reactions: 16
on Philip Green, how many shops/companies has he bought that went to the wall? and eemmmhhh has anything ever done well under him>
I used to love Topshop (worked in Topman for a bit before Philip bought it) and I fell out of love with the brand when it seemed to have this weird new Cool Britannia kind of image I couldn’t relate to, around the time Kate Moss was modelling in the window in Oxford St and the prices seemed to go up overnight. You’d see a nice blouse or dress in there, pick it up and it’d be completely backless. I think when Lipsy (a non Arcadia shop) came out on the high street, everyone went there instead of Topshop and Miss S as they had fab going out dresses. Topshop was amazing in the 90s, the store in Liverpool used to have a DJ in the window and there was a rivalry with C&A clockhouse next door and they got a DJ a few months later!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I used to love Topshop (worked in Topman for a bit before Philip bought it) and I fell out of love with the brand when it seemed to have this weird new Cool Britannia kind of image I couldn’t relate to, around the time Kate Moss was modelling in the window in Oxford St and the prices seemed to go up overnight. You’d see a nice blouse or dress in there, pick it up and it’d be completely backless. I think when Lipsy (a non Arcadia shop) came out on the high street, everyone went there instead of Topshop and Miss S as they had fab going out dresses. Topshop was amazing in the 90s, the store in Liverpool used to have a DJ in the window and there was a rivalry with C&A clockhouse next door and they got a DJ a few months later!
Same here, I bought everything in Miss Selfridges and Topshop in the 90s, I think I fell out of love with it when you did, It went very Britannia, forgetting they also sold to us in Ireland :D
Then everything went flimsy and the material was so cheap it was see-through.
I still have an amazing top from Ms S, was a long-sleeved gothic heavy satin top that was totally open at the front but had ribbon laced up through the front, I swear it was a copy of a D&G design.
This was back when Warehouse and Oasis were seen as expensive and TS and MsS were so more affordable.

Reactions: 22
I have a 16 year old and we sometimes look in Topshop but really only buy sale items if at all. It’s overpriced for her age, not as edgy as it was and quality isn’t brilliant.

She’s more likely to choose some of my original stuff from River Island/Topshop/Miss Selfridge/Oasis from back in the day. I have a couple of drawers upstairs full of tops, jeans, silk combats, cropped trousers that she either wears or sells on Depop as vintage for more than I originally paid.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Loved Topshop in the 90s, but agree with others it's now much more expensive and not as good. I remember being so excited when I reached size 8 at 14 as I could now fit in Topshop clothes. In those days 8 was the smallest size and in some ranges it only went to 10. Needless to say I don't have that issue anymore (2 kids later) 😂

Reactions: 20
I heard Joe Wicks on Desert Island Discs and he cried when talking about his dad being a drug addict, it was very moving.
But it was cringe when he said he married ‘his favourite page 3 girl’.
Grim! The page 3 bit I mean...

Re TopShop, around the time of the Kate Moss collections I had a TopShop stylist ‘makeover’ booked at Oxford Circus for my birthday. It turned into a comedy because everything she bought me to try on was HIDEOUS including this green and grey blouse thing with frills that made no sense and I got it stuck on my shoulders and my mum had to pull it off me while dying of laughter. The only items I bought from said ‘makeover’ were some blue jeans and a white vest top...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
aww i also loved topshop, and my obsession with it earned me the lovely nickname of 'topshop bleep' from my best friends. But i fell out of love with it as well, it got ridiculously expensive, and turned cheap and tacky in regards to the materials used. Topshop jeans will always be my favourite ever jeans though, they are the only jeans that fit me well and i loved the fact i could just walk in the shop, pick a pair and not need to try them on. I started to go off topshop when they seemed to be obsessed with festival ware.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Grim! The page 3 bit I mean...

Re TopShop, around the time of the Kate Moss collections I had a TopShop stylist ‘makeover’ booked at Oxford Circus for my birthday. It turned into a comedy because everything she bought me to try on was HIDEOUS including this green and grey blouse thing with frills that made no sense and I got it stuck on my shoulders and my mum had to pull it off me while dying of laughter. The only items I bought from said ‘makeover’ were some blue jeans and a white vest top...
Lol that’s the time Topshop went a bit weird for everyday wear I guess! I remember the mid 00s was all weird prints, asymmetrical shite and oddly placed frills on the stuff as if they were going for the Sienna Miller with a dash of Alexa Chung look when most of us preferred Girls Aloud as style inspo😂

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.