Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Random c-list celebrity story.

Years ago, I attended a younger relative‘s graduation and Noel Clarke of Dr Who / Torchwood was there as a speaker and there to get an honourary doctorate before London Metropolitan went on to give him one too (and really should have known better). With his new qualification and following speech, he earned himself the name Dr Dick in my wider family.

His speech was utter garbage. His opening line was “I haven’t prepared a speech“ and he tossed his card behind him. My husband and I raised our eyebrows as it seemed a bit disrespectful not to come prepared when everyone else had. But it got worse.

Noel Clarke did a long rambling explanation how he dropped out a rival institution when he was younger, to work in a gym in West London to try and network with executives. Dr Dick went onto to boast how he didn’t think he needed a degree and he went on to make it regardless. To a room of graduates who achieved their degrees through hard work, and their proud families.

He wittered on for a bit before one of the high level managers at the university gave him an out as there were a few boos, and he went and sat down.

If you or your management read this: Noel Clarke, please give me your forwarding address so I can pass along your honourary PhD in Being A Cunt. No speech is required. Aye thank you.
I loathe celebs who do this almost as much as universities who give out honorary doctorates to celebs alongside people who have worked their arses off for years to gain their doctorates. Dont want an honorary degree? Dont accept it. Dont diminish the efforts of others.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Murakami's Cat

I miss Paula Yates too. She was one of those people who you could not take your eyes off when she was on the screen. Charismatic. And the way she dressed, she could easily wear the same clothes now and not look dated.
A lot of people hated her for leaving Bob but he is definitely not a saint, he was cheating on her for years. He pestered my friend to go out with him whilst he was with Jeanne Marine (he still is with her, I think).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
When Louise did Strictly she insisted on wearing these really frumpy, unflattering costumes, saying that her sons would be mortified if she wore revealing outfits. Some of them were so awful that they looked like Ann Widdecombe’s cast offs. She wasnt even that old. Debbie McGee is at least 20 years older than her and wore lovely stuff. I thought that was so odd at the time. It made me wonder if Jamie was controlling.
I found it quite sad that I read quite a few comments on social media having a go at Louise for the separation. That she had lost ‘one of the good ones’ and ‘wouldn’t find anyone else like him’.

Chatter

I saw that story. They also published other shots of him when he was on stage, or with his wife, also without a wedding ring. So he has never worn one. They are obviously hinting at something, or so desperate for content they are shoving anything in, even though the same article has answered their own insinuations.

They have also published another set of snaps of Mischa Barton. Heartening to see most comments on both articles are saying leave them alone.

tawdryhepburn

Anyone seen this? Fox is such a twat. What he means is I shouldn't have to answer for libellous crap I tweet when drunk/high. He's clearly going for the Katie Hopkins shaped void on twitter.
he said he’s boycotting sainsburys because they’re celebrating black history month, because it “promotes racial segregation” or some cobblers and i just........... 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

just get in the bin

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Oh God , Amanda look at me and my amazing tits and fantastic life arent you all jealous Holden is in Sunday Brunch. Annoying as f***

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
Jo Brand was shown to be a bit of a scumbag when she “joked” that people should throw battery acid rather than milkshakes (over politicians eg Nigel Farage). Sorry but that’s not something to joke about. Her apology was piss poor.

has that Geordie woman who’s entire act consists of “I love cakes / I am fat / I hate men” (sorry can’t remember her name) been ruled out.
Sarah Milican. Cant stand her.

Lorriall

Here is my very weak tea. ☕ Esther Rantzeen - served her when I worked in retail- miserable stuck up woman. Karl Howman he of brush strokes fame ( obvs only oldies will remember) brought a baseball cap and equally miserable. Once partied with the cast of boogie nights the theatre show, ended up calling Shane Ritchie inviting him out with us but he declined- he was with coleen at the time.🤪. Lastly pip Schofield was caught doing some questionable dance moves with another man when he was in Joseph under the palladium staircase .
*edit I actually think the person in question may of been Jason Donovan but will need to check my sources out•••

• Wow
  • Haha

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Ended up down a Noel Fielding rabbit hole and apparently he dated Pixie Geldof when she was 16 and he was 33!! 🤮🤮🤮 so any other goss on him?

• Sick
  • Wow

Chatter

I was hoping that covid would break the ruts that tv companies have got themselves into. They have become lazy in their outputs. The same series being rolled out in a formulaic way. X Factor, SCD, BGT, The Voice, Dancing on Ice, IAAC, Bake Off, Apprentice. I still enjoy The Apprentice, but you can tell by now who is there for comedy effect and who is a contender. The rest I no longer watch. I just find it all so repetitive and boring.

• Heart

istapp

i refuse to believe the comedian is jo brand. she was a psychiatric nurse - she has to be good people.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I just don't understand why she seems to keep doing things that play into the tabloid hands and does things that give them the basis of another story about him and her. I agree that how he behaved/behaves was and continues to be terrible. Just seems odd that she would do things like dump his stuff outside surely knowing that would get in the papers, when there are so many untraceable and unremarkable ways she could have disposed of things, so was questioning is it deliberate on her part as some weird way at trying to get back at him, or is she just really badly advised by someone.
She isn’t though. The paps are constantly following her, hiding outside her house etc trying to catch unflattering photos of her. She responds to these negative stories on social media saying they are rubbish, not to believe all you read etc, and always gets unwavering support from her friends and work colleagues which I think suggests she’s probably a fairly decent person who’s well liked by those who know her well.

I don’t believe the story about the love letters being stolen, I do believe that some scummy tabloid journalists have been through her rubbish though.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
About age gap relationships. My late husband was 29 years older than me. Started dating when I was 22, though we were friends for a few years. And I loved him with all my heart. He was Indian, I'm Irish. We had so much against us; racist comments, age gap comments from people who just couldn't mind their own business. We had a daughter. I spent 19 wonderful years with him until one day he died suddenly in front of us at home. The cruelest thing I've ever gone through because we never had a chance to say goodbye or to prepare.
He was my everything. I learnt so much from him. We had so much in common, shared same sense of humour, enjoyed same activities and love animals.
I know people baulk about age gap relationships, but I just wanted to have my say. I loved him and was totally content. I didn't give a damn what others thought. It was my life, my choice and I have no regrets.

Enjoying the 'tea' very much still 😘😘😘😘😘
Sounds like you had a wonderful relationship. Sorry for your loss .

petitspois

VIP Member

Why does this woman (Lisa Armstrong) keep constantly reappearing in the news.

The other week it was for putting Ant McPartlin's stuff in boxes outside her house for people to pick through and take. Now it's a bizarre tale of putting more of his stuff in a skip outside her new house, and calling the police on some guy who took some of that stuff out of it.

(second bizarre part of it is the police actually apparently doing some investigation work into it, when us mere mortals get our car smashed up or a proper burglary and they're sorry but they don't have the resources to turn up for us, but that's another story).

I don't understand why she isn't just moving on with her millions. Why did she even take a dressing gown of Ant's from the old house to her new house, why put it and other sensitive things in a skip rather than burning or paying a proper secure disposal company to take care ot it (she can clearly afford it), and why (reportedly) involve the police when someone goes through the skip outside her not particularly secret new home.

One of the comments on the article hints at it being some elaborate setup to get around an NDA that McPartlin undeoubtedly has on her?

Are the continued shenanigans with her some deperate attempt by her to "happen" in some way. Or is she a victim of some weird plot by the media/McPartlin to make her appear to be an utter loon?
In fairness, I think she is moving on, the press have cast her as the scorned wife who let herself go. They are following her, she doesn't seem to be courting attention.
I do agree about the letters though - this could be her way of getting things out in public without breaching the NDA. A bit like when Saatchi took the former housekeepers to court just to expose Nigella's drug use.

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember the contestant that gave the answer "Turkey" to every question? It was something like

A bird that cannot fly - Turkey

A place you go on holiday - Turkey

Something you eat at Christmas- Turkey

can't remember the rest, think it was when "Oh you've won a prize" Max Bygraves hosted it 😂
The family standing looking at each other "wtf is he doing"

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pixie06

VIP Member
I really don't know how parents cope after something like this happens. I used to live quite near them and would always see Nicholas with him around when he was little. He was his world. So sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Vanillaco

VIP Member
To be honest, this storm in a tea cup has bored me from the word go. There are far more important things going on at the moment, to be concerned about.
I think its two bored and vacuous women with too much time on their hands and unappealing husbands they have shackled themselves to with golden handcuffs making a big deal out of nothing.

Reactions: 17