Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Your
that was the first and hopefully last time I typed 'sphincter' into Google
Your’e braver than me!

She’d do better maintaining a dignified silence but that seems to be quite difficult for her to do. Tweeting the Daily Mail denying stories and threatening them with #you’llbehearingfrommylawyers etc etc.

I suspect it plays into the fallacy of ‘setting the record straight’. As if the world would spin off its axis if an inaccurate story is reported, or if more positive stories are reported about one party than another. She should just leave it and get on with her life.
That would be very wise, but how many of us can maintain absolute silent dignity when traduced by reptilian journalists, mocked for your looks, and have photos of your ex with his new squeeze everywhere.
Especially as the spies who shafted by you has got off scott free by mounting a my missies is a nutter campaign. She’s fed into it, but she’s only human.

Social distancing ? Good luck with that randy lot! You’ve got more chance of social distancing with a gang of lifers getting out. Also, who the effing hell is HRVY? Or what is it? It sounds like a follow up to COVID? Is it one of those influencers?
is he I’ll? I didn’t read it. It’s hard to be interested in somoeone who models himself on a item code from Argos.

Sounds like something George Clarke would do on one of his building programmes 😭
If he did it would be his last programme surely?

The fact that she hasn’t done so to me speaks volumes eg she either doesn’t care what happens or can’t be bothered.

Or she is busy. Just moved into a new house, she is promoting her mu range, and in the planning stage for SCD.
Maybe the poor woman is depressed, and someone else threw them out?
Even if she did it deliberately to cause some drama I wouldn’t blame her, she’s the under dog in this scenario, even as a wealthy woman she’s still been bullied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Predictable plot twist for Katie Price, as ever: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...beau-Carl-Woods-agrees-start-trying-BABY.html

It brings to mind the comment I read about a family who had a multitude of children where one woman said, "she needs to stop treating her womb like it's a bloody clown car". o_O

I remember Bob Monkhouse doing it.....yes I am old 🙈
He was very witty.
I do too! I never really liked him in his heyday, I found him a bit cheesy and smooth-talking, tan 'n' teeth, but there's been documentaries about his talents as a cartoon artist and his hobby of archiving old TV episodes (that very often ended up getting wiped by the networks, as video tape was so expensive) and developed a respect and admiration for him.

He was much more likeable than his TV image suggested.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
JR was a Shagger throughout his marriage. Vernon K is another one.
My friends daughter goes to the same school as Tess and Vernon's children.....allegedly, she doesn’t let him do the school run....too much temptation with the other yummy mummies.

• Sad
  • Wow

Kmpan

I have the most boring celebrity meeting story of all time. I was in McDonald's in London with a few friends, i wasn't looking where I was going and I trod my full weight onto someone's poor foot. I spun around to see Bradley Walsh carrying his tray of food. I apologised about 5 times but he was very nice about the fact that I'd squashed his foot 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

kev1974

VIP Member
Used to love TV Burp!!!
Always remember this joke

And “this weeks apprentice in a nutshell” where someone would say I’m gonna win because I’m this this this and this and then sugar would go you’re fired HAHAHAAH
I went through a phase of going to the recordings of various TV shows, and TV Burp was one of the greatest. They recorded well over an hour (in one long non-stop take, not stop-starting or repeating anything). What went out on the finished programme was a cleverly edited down version of just the bits that the studio audience laughed at the most. But for every minute of finished broadcast programme there was at least the same number of minutes again of still hilarious stuff that got "lost on the cutting room floor". Such a shame, I've often thought it would be great to see the full length recordings, so much good stuff was lost never to be seen by the TV viewers at home. Their research team on that series, managing to find so much funny stuff each week, must have been tremendous.

The other good thing about the TV Burp recordings, was that Harry Hill didn't need a separate warm up man, he did the entire thing himself including the preshow before recording started.

I went to a Have I Got News For You recording once (many years ago, before it got as shit as it is now) and that was a great night out for much the same reason i.e. what was recorded in the studio was much much longer than the finished programme. Each round would have a lot more questions/photos in it than the two or three that made the broadcast. Things like the "three funny photos" segments would actually have six or seven funny photos in the studio, all funny, but only the three that got the most laughs got into the final broadcast show. There was more stopping and starting with that recording though, and bits having to be redone.

• Heart

Maggiemaynot

VIP Member
i understand where you’re coming from, but she died because she took heroin at the same dose as she would at the height of her addiction but her tolerance was much lower when it happened because she had been trying to kick the habit. i think that’s why peaches got sympathy because it was evident she had relapsed after trying so hard to stop, and it wasn‘t intentional she left her little baby alone. i do think the demonisation of the working classes is an issue, as you said, but i‘m not sure you could compare the two situations.
I don’t see why you think you can’t compare the two situations. The whole point is any young mother, working class or famous, trying to kick the habit or not, large dose or small dose should NOT be taking heroin whilst in sole charge of a baby. No one’s saying it was intentional she left the baby alone but the fact remains that she was the one who took that risk of leaving two children motherless. A gamble she lost. I don’t think the social class of the mother matters one way or the other.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
Most footballers seem to be knuckle-dragging idiots, the majority into "laddish" behaviour like picking up prostitutes, hanging around lap dancing bars and generally acting like arrogant apes. Most seem to treat women like dirt. You need to be a strong personality to not go along with the herd in that career.

We need to shame people for ugly behaviour more in this society. Look at how K-Pop band members get treated when they bring shame upon themselves. Self-respect, pride and self awareness are qualities they seem to lack.

Of course, you lay with dogs, you get fleas. See Lauryn Goodman. And Katie Price (who was famous initially for being one of those awful "kiss 'n' tell" girls).
Through I am not sure the rather high suicide rate in K-pop is something to aspire to.

• Sad

AlanBanan

VIP Member
He does have form for liking ‘em young.
Yeah, it’s only a matter of time before Jared Leto is revealed to be a predator. His agents and PR team are working overtime so when it’s revealed they have statements and are ready for the media fire.

He likes to go to Europe and South America and lounge around and get teenage girls to come back with him and basically get him to think of him as their messiah.

• Wow
  • Sick

Ambrosie

VIP Member
That’s a very well written compassionate article.
what a terribly sad life turn of events. I think the Psychiatrist who told him to keep somethings buried was very wrong. It’s clearly eating him away from the inside. And isn’t buried.
So sad. Such a talented man! Completely surprised he is gay. Me and my friends fancied him so much in his heyday. He kept that well buried although maybe I was a bit naive.
I saw the Horizon documentary “What’s The Matter With Tony Slattery”. It was heart breaking. He looks broken and tortured. I hope he finds peace soon.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Joexotica

Any gossip on Sean Walsh? I’ve thought he was a prick since his stint on Strictly and his treatment of his girlfriend at the time. Now I’ve just seen this

I worked in the industry - he is one of only a handful that I would call truly awful

• Wow
  • Heart

Persephonehasreturned

Sandra Redknapp is ageing just as my own grandmother has (is some 10 years older) perhaps worse because she has clearly smoked and sunbathed all her adult life.

The main part will be the decades long eating disorder, so normalised that nobody in her family even sees it. It will be “Sandra eats like a bird, always has done” accompanied by wilfully deluded tinkly laughs.Heard it for years in my own family and it wasn’t just a “small appetite” then either.

• Heart
  • Sad

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I used to hate Amanda Holden too, then she called out Philip Schofield for being a nasty cock which I thought was a pretty ballsy thing to do.
It’s true, the enemy of my enemy is my friend!
Didn’t she go one further and on some radio show someone asked her what she wouldn’t want in her house (referring to household pests), I’m sure she answered ‘Phillip Scofield’.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve mentioned on another thread that my parents went to see Alfie Boe and he made a point of humiliating audience members who got up to go to the loo etc during his set. I really hate performers who do that.

• Angry

thatstupidcat

Random c-list celebrity story.

Years ago, I attended a younger relative‘s graduation and Noel Clarke of Dr Who / Torchwood was there as a speaker and there to get an honourary doctorate before London Metropolitan went on to give him one too (and really should have known better). With his new qualification and following speech, he earned himself the name Dr Dick in my wider family.

His speech was utter garbage. His opening line was “I haven’t prepared a speech“ and he tossed his card behind him. My husband and I raised our eyebrows as it seemed a bit disrespectful not to come prepared when everyone else had. But it got worse.

Noel Clarke did a long rambling explanation how he dropped out a rival institution when he was younger, to work in a gym in West London to try and network with executives. Dr Dick went onto to boast how he didn’t think he needed a degree and he went on to make it regardless. To a room of graduates who achieved their degrees through hard work, and their proud families.

He wittered on for a bit before one of the high level managers at the university gave him an out as there were a few boos, and he went and sat down.

If you or your management read this: Noel Clarke, please give me your forwarding address so I can pass along your honourary PhD in Being A Cunt. No speech is required. Aye thank you.

• Wow
  • Haha

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
It’s common knowledge where I live, about Ronnie and reggie. They would sleep with each other, as less chance of other people finding out they loved men. Doctors also thought reggie had schizophrenia and I think they thought it on Ronnie too, I might be mistaken. Pretty sure also the mum was knocked about. I’ll ask my nana for more. They 100% had personality disorders though so Im guessing a lot of their behaviour was more based on untreated Severe mental health issues rather than them just being so fearless and bold.

• Sick
  • Wow

Eirawen

VIP Member
Yes, read her book she has so much empathy for everyone and is funny with it, not preachy or patronising just telling it like it is, that life can be an unfair game of luck for some with mental health issues.
Or just sometimes we are all just struggling, and that is OK too, no matter what the outside world things of us. Its an awful time at the moment and there is no reason to see your doctor (if you can get an appointment) that explains you are feeling very overwhelmed too.

Virtually hugging all.
When my mother died I struggled to read books as I couldn't concentrate until I found a copy of Jo Brand's book
I was feeling v low but her warmth and wit gave me a boost

• Heart

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
See, I’m sure we as a nation could actually take her to our hearts despite how deeply fucking annoying she is, if only she spillt that sweet Schofield tea.
She definitely knows it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Pixie06

VIP Member
But the sex was "Supersonic". I can just imagine his glasses steaming up and his bony little arse :ROFLMAO:

I actually slightly fancy Stephen Mangan, but then I don't have the greatest taste. Though he always sets off the Partridge voice saying, "LYNN, THEY'RE SEX PEOPLE" (re the episode where Stephen was the husband of a swinging couple, who came on to Alan).

One sex dream that made me go "WTF?" was Jeremy Kyle. Now, I do have/had a thing for bad boys who are a bit malevolent, but I can't.stand.him.

Urgh. I meant "Light Lunch, then Late Lunch", but it was 1am when I posted that!
Dan Dan Dan Dan DAN DAN....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18