Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I was watching at the time. He came across as a major tool, I actually felt sorry for him. Such a lack of awareness of what was appropriate. I actually think he maybe a bit slow. Something not right.
Jonathan Ross handled it dreadfully and who on earth put him on there? I don’t think he’s slow, but you’re right that something wasn’t right.

I’ve only heard nice things from people who’ve met Seann, though they have been in the last few years since I’ve got into stand up. I have seen him live and he’s excellent. I think that article is unfair as if you watch the clip they are clearly mucking about.

Chablis1

VIP Member
Anyone remember TV offal with Victor Lewis-Smith? I bloody loved that. So irreverent and ahead of its time. Harry was inspired by that but had to make it more family friendly for the time slot and for ITV. TV offal was on C4 around 10.30-11pm
I do! That was such a good show. Like you say it was ahead of its time.

Muddlinleigh

Amazing list. Screenshot and will ge working my way through these. Thank you!

AMAZING! I cannot believe you found it. I cannot believe how well I remembered it.
True fact - I’m a ludicrously amount faceblind. Something like 95%. I have very little minds eye either. It’s actually very tricky sometimes and I offend people often when I don’t recognise them

I remembered this photo well. From 35 years ago. A very small photo in poor resolution in a magazine.
Maybe the amount of times I looked at it, exceeded the times I have ever seen anyone else. Including my kids. 🤔

By the way, his fringe being so far over his eyes is making me feel uncomfortable. He can’t push it away. He has stuff in both hands. I bet he felt exasperated at that moment. Hair in his face when he is trying to eat and drink.
Oh will you look at that ^^^
What a tragic sad person I’ve become. I’m reacting more to his fringe than his nakedness
I had it as a pin on pinterest so was pretty easy to retrieve.

TBF The Metropolitan is a very cool hotel. I'm not sure of it now but back in the day it was the cool place all the rockstars would stay at, I think a lot of them stay at Sanctum now which is much more rock n roll. A friend of mine used to work with bands in the 80s/90, even dated a very well known guitarist in the 80s. She was heavily involved in the London scene in 90s as she worked in a much missed bar. She has sooo many good stories especially about rock bands and 90s bands. I keep telling her she should write a book.
is that the place Robbie fell asleep in the lobby and got covered in shaving foam, eyebrows shaved etc? I stayed there on a work jolly once but not that night.

Picklesal

Anyone got any tea on Richard Osman, I love him but I'm sure I've read an autobio from someone who hated him, I think either David Walliams, Chris Evans or Ant & Dec, as they are the only biog books I own!

MadamePoppy

Stop blaming her. She like all of us should expect not to have people rummaging through her bins.

Just because she has the money doesn’t mean she has to pay for people to discard of her rubbish because vultures are rooting through her bins. She has the right to privacy she shouldn’t have to buy privacy. 🙄
from the media though it looked like she left what she wanted out In skips or not in skips for anyone to take. All I’m saying is she was married to a celeb and was a celeb herself so if she’s bothered by people rifling through her skip (which she hasn’t said she is) then if it’s confidential you’d take steps to dispose of it properly. That’s behaving like an adult and a professional person. I’m sure if confidential things relating to Ant were in the bins if this got into the papers he might threaten legal action so she wouldn’t do that.

gashers

Chatty Member
Re the mention of Rik Mayall a few posts back- has anybody got any tea? Only good tea I hope because I loved him. Still do.
If you can find a copy of the video he did Out of my Head, not sure it made it to dvd, it’s very entertaining, l think it got banned for promoting drug use but seriously I don’t know how, some of the people who were interviewed would put you off drugs for life.

Thought one of them was openly out? Shagged an MP or something? I am useless at details, clearly 🥴
Sorry I meant as younger men obviously as they got older I’m sure anyone who mentioned their sexuality in a negative way would be shall we say dealt with.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Really? I’ve had a look in bing (can’t get on google here) and it’s showing articles from three years ago.

Did he have a bust-up on CCT?
He just booked a flight and went. He was a solo traveller and was paired with Mr. Motivator, my guess is that they didn't get on and as the purpose of CCT is to vote off the people you don't travel with and Louie couldn't do that, it seems plausible that he walked.

I think it was referencing Emma Thompson
Correct

I thought it was Rosie, the dog 😂
[/QUOTE
No Rosie was stashing in taxes income in Jersey at the time.
She’s also been banned from driving after a drink driving conviction

So I’ve just seen on insta that apparently Dec and Amanda Holden have been having an affair for years and everyone in itv knows about it. Then someone who use to do make up for itv confirmed it. Obviously I’ve come straight here to see what anyone knows 😂

Last edited:

Vanillaco

VIP Member
ooooooh i hope she might be, they’re such a lovely couple they would make good parents 🥺

also i loved kit harington on criminal uk (his character was a bastard lol and defo guilty) i wish he got more roles that aren’t game of thrones or fantasy related. it must suck for him being typecast.
I have heard hes fab in that. I need to watch it.

kev1974

VIP Member
Another who is not a fan of Mel and Sue. Don’t get their popularity at all. As someone upthread said, Sue has zero charisma. Mel is just try hard funny and never is. It’s strange what people get picked up by mainstream tv and who go on to thrive.
I saw Mel on stage in Stephen Sondheim's "Company" in the West End a couple of times last year (she had a small-ish singing part). She was quite good in that. Maybe she should stick to theatre.