Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
I'm not bashing Honey as I'm a size 18 myself but she's a really unattractive big girl. Someone like London Andrews or Hayley Hasselhoff are far more attractive IMHO.

Reactions: 15

Goodgolly

I’d love to know how Olly Murs managed to make it stateside and abroad, didn’t believe it until I was actually in the states and heard his songs in shops etc. Is Cowell that powerful he can pay for certain artists to be plugged abroad or was it some weird 2 for 1 deal where he said to the Americans ‘make 1D famous stateside but take Olly too’ (same goes for James Corden too- how do they even get his ‘humour’)
I had to take one of my kids to see him - requested birthday present. 10 years on from when he was in the show. I was dreading it, I’m more of a Laurel Canyon girl (folky pop indie shit). He was actually very decent and the show was slick and his vocals held. He’s buoyed up by 1000s of female fans of all ages and he plays up to it. Said child was one of about 100 young boys in the audience - this was duly noted and as he approaches his teens we make no mention of the event 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

PeteM

VIP Member
Lucy was sexually assaulted in a hotel by an employee who managed to get into her room. It was all hushed up and Lucy left the competition, we were told it was because she was unwell with throat problems but she was obviously traumatised by what happened. She then had to sign an NDA saying she’d never talk about it.

If you follow Lucy on social media you’ll know that she is now teetotal because she developed a drink problem afterwards.
You've missed out a vital bit.

Rather than Simon's brand being tarnished, as a reward for not talking about being raped, they said they'd give her a deal. Which they did.

Of course, hardly any promotion. The intention was always to drop her ASAP. Which they did.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Im all for body positivity, but she is morbidly obese. There’s no getting away from it. Her health will suffer from being that big if it’s not already,
I read the article and I'm none the wiser! It sounds like a puff piece. I suspect it's been paid for. I was a slim child and ate what I wanted, but genetics caught up with me and I'm now overweight. Even at a size 14-16 ( not Honeys 18 even, ) it was only when I hit 40 that my hips started playing up. I have to keep my weight down now through a strict diet because I am pre diabetic. A lot of these influencers have high blood pressure and joint problems in their 20's. At 23 you can fight things off. At 43, it becomes a major, life changing and limiting problem.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
How on earth does Kerry Katona manage to keep getting engaged when I can’t keep a bloke over 3 months?!
Probably the same way Katie Price does it. Any wannabe who fancies making a few quid by being in Heat Magazine a couple of times will agree to marry her before they split.

• Haha

Jusa

VIP Member
Thank you for your love and concern.
Been in a bad way since Tuesday. Haven't eaten, got serious cramp in right leg and a painful back. Palliative nurse came to see me yesterday and thinks cancer is spreading. I'm in so much pain, even when I move a tiny bit. Painkillers and morphine will be looked into to see if I need anything stronger.
That's why I love these threads and posts. All you lovely Tattlers really know how to entertain a sick girlie like moi! Please keep it coming.
Love to all of you XxX
Sending big, gentle hugs to you x

• Heart

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
I find this bizarre, reclaiming an insult as a positive may work if you're in the "know" but Joe Bloggs will still use "FAT" as a derogatory term.

People quite happily called me skinny, a stick creature, etc when I was really thin and didn't care if it hurt my feelings. I even had a doctor quiz me about my eating habits (suspected eating disorder, I suppose though my GP meant well back then).

If you're thin or fat, you KNOW without people telling you (unless you have body dysmorphia). Just like the strangers who like reminding me how tall I am, as if I haven't noticed :ROFLMAO:

Maybe Honey Ross is "acting out" on social media, jumping on the body positive bandwagon as a a reaction to her assault, and I really do feel for anyone who has suffered. But if she was my child I couldn't approve of her route to self esteem - it's a recipe for disaster and it's a way of justifying an utimately dangerous lifestyle.

If you're living a contented, fulfilled life you don't have to shout about it, or validate your existence through Likes from strangers. Get yourself away from the monitor and do something purposeful IRL, Honey.
She probably sees herself as an "influencer" now.

I think she will regret the semi-nude, provocative photos and the immature, self-obsessed declarations. I'm glad I didn't have social media or the internet around when I was in my 20s - I'd cringe myself inside-out looking back at them.
BIB - Totally agree. I personally think she looks angry and unhappy in her photos, that there is aggression in her speech and that she still has a lot of therapy to go through - proper therapy.

"Today Honey is part of feminist activist collective The Pink Protest, which is also run by Scarlett Curtis, daughter of screenwriter Richard Curtis, Grace Campbell, daughter of Alastair Campbell, and Alice Skinner, author of The Revolution Handbook.
Further down the line Honey would like to train as a psychiatrist but for now, her aims are to prevent other body-conscious women from going through what she went through."

Hanging around with other "feminist" daughters of rich indulgent parents isn't going to resolve the real issues this young woman clearly has or count towards actually getting the qualifications required for psychiatric training - hint she needs medical training first so she she'd best get a move on.

All in all, whilst I do feel a wee bit sad for her, I just can't find myself liking her.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
It’s sad about him but he seemed like a hot mess. Probably had addiction issues. My dad died at 51 after 20’years or so of being an alcoholic
So sorry to read that. Another child of an alcoholic here too.

My mum died last year, she'd just turned 64. She'd been am alcoholic since 2003.

Celebrities and every day people, addiction isn't choosy in who it claims.

• Heart
  • Sad
I had to take one of my kids to see him - requested birthday present. 10 years on from when he was in the show. I was dreading it, I’m more of a Laurel Canyon girl (folky pop indie shit). He was actually very decent and the show was slick and his vocals held. He’s buoyed up by 1000s of female fans of all ages and he plays up to it. Said child was one of about 100 young boys in the audience - this was duly noted and as he approaches his teens we make no mention of the event 😂😂
I took my daughter a few years back to see him and had a great time. She’s a guitar playing rock chick now so we don’t mention Olly or indeed the time Michael Bublé took her hand and said “hey kiddo” during a song at his show.

• Haha

JOHN1967

VIP Member
A man I work with who is 30 died while on a run about 3 months ago. It’s been horrible actually, 5 people at my work have died during lockdown (none from Covid) and we’ve all been working from home since March.
You are bad news, glad I don't work anywhere near you.

Just kidding 😉.

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Is enjoying Caribbean, Indian, Jewish food also seen as cultural appropriation? Surely people wanting to enjoy and immerse themselves in another culture is good. Not rascist. I think if we are to become a unified community then these things should be encouraged and appreciated.
Is enjoying Caribbean, Indian, Jewish food also seen as cultural appropriation? Surely people wanting to enjoy and immerse themselves in another culture is good. Not rascist. I think if we are to become a unified community then these things should be encouraged and appreciated.
No Its ridiculous. How can you truly understand a culture if you are not allowed to appreciate and experience it? My cousin is always banging on about some Tesco ready meal or other 'appropriating our culture' because theyve chucked some coconut in a curry. Who the hell cares? Would they rather people sat in their own little bubbles not eating 'foreign muck'? Or moaning about the smell of spices because theyve never used or tasted them? Maybe they should stop eating chips because potatoes were appropriated from South America?

• Heart

Pot2PeeIn

Honey Ross is only newsworthy because of her parents, she's not likeable and talented like Roman Kemp. Her comments about her toxic parents are uncalled for. If my teenager was fat and unhappy, then I too, would suggest weightloss as a solution, and I think most parents would.
I’m alarmed by the amount of kids I see on my Facebook feed (children of acquaintances and friends) who are overweight, I’m talking under 10s. As someone who was once very morbidly obese, my children are very slight and eat healthily, it’s drummed into them at school never mind at home so I don’t understand it!

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I know this pair barely count as celebs, but this Backgrid pap shoot featuring Bianca Gascoigne and Kris Boyson is HILARIOUS. They’re using a technique that Lauren Goodger favours - “working out in the park” - and it’s just so funny I have to share it. Desperate doesn’t even cover it.

They’re so wooden! You can tell they’re not mid-exercise, just holding a pose for the camera 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Oooh, looks like it’s the end for “Keeping Up With The Kar-Trashians....But, I hear that PMK was trying to negotiate even MORE money with the network, and they called her bluff, and decided to sack them!! But, of course, the family are now claiming that it was THEIR decision to leave, as opposed to the truth that they were effectively sacked for being too greedy!!....🙄😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow