Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PeteM

VIP Member
Sure the sax player on "Baker Street", Raphael Ravenscroft, dined out on the tale of him writing the sax melody on that song for years, complaining that he wasn't given any publishing.

And then the demo of that track was released a few years ago, with Gerry Rafferty being clearly heard playing that melody line that he wrote.

If you were a young lad, you wouldn't want Raphael teaching you sax, if you catch my drift.

Which reminds me, Andrew Lloyd Webber's dad William was another one a bit too keen on young male pupils.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

ClarenceBeakes

No tea but I don’t find him to be any of the above. He’s a bit smarmy but he also seems rightly frustrated with idiotic and selfish LBC listeners who seem to hate immigrants on £37 a week that much that they call him up to whinge the same boring racist and xenophobic nonsense.

I’d probably be just the same if people were calling me up trying to justify believing The Daily Express and their own hateful ideas about benefits instead of calling out the 15 or so billionaires that own over half the world’s wealth.
He's a bully. He deliberately only engages with very carefully screened halfwits in order to make himself look good. Anyone that does have a credible alternative argument he tries to tie up in non-sequiteurs and whataboutery. Or he just tries another line of attack. Or he sneeringly dismisses their point as irrelevant.

He's a piece of shit.

I doubt any of the 4 people that read the daily express have ever heard of him.

• Haha
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I watched the clip of her from Loose Women, whining that diets are ‘toxic’ and that ‘everybody knows that they don’t work’. Funny, that. I knocked off the wotsits, wine and magnums for a month to see off my lockdown lard and I’m back in my jeans again. It wasn’t toxic and it worked!
I agree with her to an extent. Diet culture is toxic and unhealthy. There a millions of diets out there and every single person I’ve met who has studied nutrition says that the best diet is eating in moderation and exercising.
Diets ‘don’t work’ in the sense that they aren’t sustainable for years and years. Someone may go on the Atkins diet for an X amount of time but they likely will eventually come off that. The term diet is about creating temporary food habits. Plus they can throw off metabolism, cause you to over eat and under eat. It’s a myriad of problems with them.

It's the best thing a parent can do for their overweight child, isn't it?
I think saying to anyone overweight that they need to go on a diet won’t solve anything. It might help in the short term but unless parents work together with doctors and maybe even the school to get to the root of why their child is overeating then they are setting them up for a lifetime of yo yo dieting. Also going back to basics and relearning what serving sizes should be, the different types of food you should have on your plate, unlearning incorrect advice that bread = automatically bad, etc, I think all three combined with slowly changing the eating habits to being more healthy would work 100% better in the long run.

Last edited:

Drea1984

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember the programme with Brian McFadden and Vogue where he was virtually physically incapable of picking up his pants from the floor? I can’t bear him. Lazy man & lazy parent.

• Sick
  • Angry

Shestheman22

Sick of hearing about Vinnie Jones being heartbroken over Tanya’s death yes it’s very sad poor woman but Vinnie wasn’t thinking about her when he was strumping that Russian model.
Same with Rio Ferdinand it’s disgusting, didn’t he try to get out of a speeding ticket or something by saying he was struggling with his wife’s death? Years later when he had already long moved on with his side piece!

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Is the weight stuff really necessary? I get that Honey Ross is spewing absolute bollocks in the press but I’m not sure if the posting photos and making comments about other folks’ weight is really on. Especially that this thread has such a large audience, and all types of folk are reading this, including those who are really sensitive to this type of stuff. I’m smaller than Honey and this thread has made me feel pretty shit, and I’m sure others feel so too.
No need for you to feel bad, I have suffered at both ends, being extremely underweight when younger to being technically obese when older, I am overweight now slightly.

If someone talks shit saying dieting doesn't work they need to be called out on it.

Okay for some it may not work due to metabolism etc, but for most it does. Especially for people like her who can afford to pay more for food etc.

We should remember we didn't just say look she is a big girl let's pick on her, she made comments which could make many people feel bad.

Nobody is on here shaming Dawn French Jo Brand for their bodies, why, because they don't talk crap.

LaraQ

VIP Member
I actually quite like Victoria but I think the ‘Beckham’ brand is near enough over. David is no longer the hunk he used to be and I don’t think anyone really cares about the kids.

Victoria looks great but David has aged like shit.

Read on the Wales Online news that Rod Stewart has sent £5,000 to a woman who is recovering from Covid.
She missed most of her second year exams because she was in hospital. He saw a video of her being reunited with her children.
She has passed her exams now.

• Heart

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Yes, I’ll watch it he’s in it, missed last years. She’s a trained dancer.
someone on here reckons she’s a cow!
I wonder who Katya will be paired up with? An octogenarian gay man if they can find one nimble enough is suppose?

Well she always seems sleazy and she was o r is, a big mate of the Krankies who were ardent swingers.

Dog story attack?
Sorry, I’ve looked back to find what you’re referring to and can’t find it?
Any chance of a summary please?

I always think she was very lucky to have been able to continue her career after her conviction for violence.
if she hadn’t have been very pretty and petite would she?
if she’d been a big old lump or plain, hell no!
same as why is Stephen K Amos still allowed on telly?
Another comedian yesterday alluded to his reputation and proven history.
There’s no consistency or fairness in showbiz at all even more than most of real life as it were.
Urgh, good grief, who would want to swing with the Krankies? 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick

Won’t you have a cup

I only asked!
Bernard Bresslaw gossip too?

Kerry Katona’s new fiancé looks as thick as mince. In the news story I read, he had asked her kids for her hand in marriage. Talk about cringe.

I used to see her and that dodgy taxi driver husband, Mark thingy, quite regularly in the Trafford Centre, in and around Selfridges. He had such a shifty face and was a right shortarse. They would usually be trailing children, each child carrying a bucket of candy floss or something and crying. Wasn’t he her drug dealer or something before she married him?

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Agree 100%. Sadly my Uncle died from it and believe me it does exist. And the situation with his body being removed from the hospital was awful so it really pisses me off when Im treated like some sort of sheep and pathetic for believing it exists. They are the idiots and make themselves look stupid.
Ive heard some awful stories from people who work at my local hospital and were on the front line, and I’ve no doubt that they were telling the truth about what they saw. Why would they lie about it? It had an inflatable morgue on the car park (wouldn’t have believed that if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes). It also has a new separate Covid admission area that’s still in use now.

I think it comes from a need in some people to feel superior to others like they are in on some big secret. I also think that some people just resent being told what to do and have issues with authority They are probably the kind of people who make trouble at work, school etc. Well we know Denise is like this. See her behaviour in CBB.

Our lockdown wasn’t even that strict. I’ve relatives in Dubai and they weren’t even allowed out of their home without a permit and were only allowed to used designated shops. We got off lightly over here.

freda19

VIP Member
She keeps talking about how confident she is but she doesn't look confident, she looks defiant.
She comes across as a very spoilt, quite damaged young woman.
I agree. She's a car crash waiting to happen. All this hyper "Whee, look at me! I don't give a shit!" is whistling in the dark to comfort herself. Inside she's a mess. But what can her parents do when she's 23 and makes her own choices. It's a count down now to her hitting the skids.:(
It bothers me most that her outfits(or lack of) are so sexual. She could still be a poster girl for big girls with classy lingerie and outer wear.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I remember when a girl wore a Qipao to her prom in America. She received a lot of hate from fellow Americans for supposed cultural appropriation yet the actual Chinese netizens praised it.

Now, the typical woke social justice warrior American must tread carefully here, for if they dare insinuate that the actual Chinese ‘simply don’t understand they are being appropriated’ then that’s as racist and imperialistic as it gets, for it shows that the woke SJW American has some kind of intelligence superiority mindset.

Woke SJWs have absolutely no right to go around dictating what is cultural appropriation.

• Sad

Lisaof

I genuinely don't get some of these calling outs due to apparent cultural appropriation.

I'm white and absolutely more than happy to be educated if anyone cares to enlighten me, as I hate being ignorant on matters.

Again, this is a genuine query. If a black lady dyed her hair blonde and had it chemically straightened it, is that not cultural appropriation of white women? Where's the line?

This isn't meant to be inflammatory in any way, but it seems to be such a fine line. Can I wear my hair in two plaits? Or is that insulting towards native Americans?

Or is it that no cultures offended and it's just social media and press whipping up a frenzy? Anyone?
Couldnt agree more! Alot of people dye and curl there hair, I dont understand how anyone can own a colour or hairstyle? It gets very confusing answering my childrens questions around this as I dont understand the issues??

thegirlscout

VIP Member
How has Adele managed to loose all that weight and have no loose skin or stretch marks?! I’m so jealous!
That photo looks really unflattering of her, I think it’s the look in her eyes and the dark eyebrows?
When I saw she was wearing Bantu knots I knew that she would be called out. Twitter did not disappoint me 😂

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Any gossip on the late Bruce Forsyth? I only knew him from Strictly but I was made to watch an episode of "Play Your Cards Right" during lockdown and found it kinda creepy that he seemed to need to have a younger woman by his side on the shows he did. Was he opposed to working with men or older women?

That trend continued onto Strictly as I doubt that Tess Daly was ever hired for her presenting skills.
I've said this on here before but even as a kid Bruce Forsyth gave me the absolute and utter creeps. I really didn't like him. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if anything came out about him.

• Heart