Scientology

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow 😳

"Jamie was introduced to Raëlism by a veteran UK member named Sakina, while she was working as a stripper: "He came to me one night, and simply by the way I connected, and the tender way I made him feel welcome," she says, "he asked me, 'What do you feel about life?'"

The pair started talking meditation and ended up at Raëlian philosophy, with Jamie eventually subscribing to the belief system."

That's certainly an interesting approach to evangelising 🤣

They essentially believe that Humans are 'Clones' of an Alien civilisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Leah and Mike have a weekly podcast called Scientology: Fair Game. I listen to it through Stitcher but you should be able to get it on most podcast apps.

They get guests on, many of them have already been on the Aftermath TV series but they can talk in a lot more depth in an hour for one person.

Marc Headley's book Blown for Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology is very good reading too.

Reactions: 5
No that’s just a ‘life improvement centre’ I.e where they do their silly tests on people
Has anyone on here ever been for one of their tests? I kind of want to for a laugh but at the same time I'm scared I'd somehow get sucked in 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone on here ever been for one of their tests? I kind of want to for a laugh but at the same time I'm scared I'd somehow get sucked in 😆
No but I used to walk past this one daily when I was working in London pre Covid. I never saw anyone engage with the guys outside trying either.

Ive read Going Clear twice and it cracks me up that the original E Meters were literally bean cans 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’d imagine it’s partly that people get involved when they’re relatively unknown and then once they get famous the Church has so much dirt on them that it’s impossible for them to disentangle themselves without risking everything. I did also once read an article somewhere that one of the reasons celebrities like Scientology is that, unlike most religions that say we’re all equal, Scientology teaches very clearly that there are different levels of human achievement and some people are most definitely ‘better’ than others. That (and the ego massage that goes with it) appeals to a lot of celebrities. The ‘celebrity’ experience in Scientology is generally very different from that of ordinary people, someone like Tom Cruise isn’t cleaning toilets and working for nothing, he’s literally treated like a God. So when celebrities cone out in support of Scientology it’s probably part fear, part ego and a big dollop of not really experiencing the worst of the organisation.
I wonder sometimes whether Tom thinks about his daughter or if he’s been conditioned to forget she exists. I never understood how he can just drop her like that, when she was young. Also, how can he be a decent actor (he was brilliant in Top Gun Maverick), yet be trapped in a cult?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to work with a lady who belonged to one of these new-age churches - not Scientology, but just as ... "involved".

It seemed to effect every part of her life - even if we were out having drinks and a meal, she'd be cautious about spending money that was intended for the church. Every weekend she was there - all weekend - her whole life was controlled by them. She ended up leaving our company to go and work in the church full-time which didn't come as a surprise.

I used to visit Auckland (NZ) occasionally for work and you'd see these lovely-looking young people (very healthy-looking - model types, but very friendly) offering a "free" personality test. They always seemed to have takers, which was a bit of a worry! People are strangely gullible.

Reactions: 4
Do you guys think that the Masterton verdict and sentencing will have any effect on them? It was really so brave of those women to pursue it, could momentum be built from it, do you think?

I think the Masterson verdict along with Leah Remini’s lawsuit will see the beginning of the end for Scientology. This verdict has shown that they are not untouchable.
I am so happy that Leah Remini and Mike Rinder have relaunched their podcast (albeit via Youtube)

Reactions: 4
I think the Masterson verdict along with Leah Remini’s lawsuit will see the beginning of the end for Scientology. This verdict has shown that they are not untouchable.
I am so happy that Leah Remini and Mike Rinder have relaunched their podcast (albeit via Youtube)
Agreed. Although sad news about Mike tinder (oesophagus cancer).
The Masterson case has been horrific but fascinating how Scientology thought they could get him out of it so easily. Thank god for his sentence.

Has anyone been watching the protests on Tik Tok? They’ve basically shut one of the recruiting centres down.
But everything is so creepy - they hide things in plain sight like a tutoring academy for children that indoctrinates them.

Reactions: 2
I read the other day that there are less than 10,000 members worldwide of Scientology now due to all the negative press and ex members speaking out.

Has anyone been keeping up with the streamers protesting for the past few months?
---
Has anyone been watching the protests on Tik Tok? They’ve basically shut one of the recruiting centres down.
But everything is so creepy - they hide things in plain sight like a tutoring academy for children that indoctrinates them.
Just seen this after I commented the same, I've been watching every night (despite it being in the middle of the night here in the UK). I have had issues on a personal level with Scientology so I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the locations being protested.

La Poubelle can't sustain this much longer, surely? And I know the test centre in hollywood is due to reopen soon, but they'll be right back outside the minute it happens. The protest of the new Ideal Org in Texas was fantastic, one of the protesters has an incredibly loud voice and was shouting over the top of Miscavidge speech.
---
They've finally managed to service Miscavidge after months and months of trying. I hope this brings an onslaught of lawsuits from people who've been harmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3