Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No advice sorry, I was going to ask a similar question about going back on after a break, do you need to go back onto the same dose or lower?
I went straight back to my dose (1.0) after nearly a 3 week break and the nausea/vomiting was horrendous so I'd suggest titrating back up. If I had a break again I'd dose how I dose now. I do 24 clicks on a Mon/Wed/Fri then the following week Tues/Thurs/Sat. I get the appetite suppression but no vomiting and very little nausea
---
so I took a 2.5 week break from Wegovy as we went on holiday and I wanted to be able to enjoy the food and drink a little, anyway, took my first dose back on Saturday morning and I’m really not feeling much appetite suppression yet. I managed quite a large roast yesterday plus picked at my daughters left overs 🤣 has anyone had this happen?? I was really feeling so much less hungry before on 0.5mg.
Yes I had a break and when I started again I was eating a ridiculous amount of bread, like half a loaf a day, until it built back up in my system

Reactions: 2
No advice sorry, I was going to ask a similar question about going back on after a break, do you need to go back onto the same dose or lower?
I’m sure I’ve seen on this thread that the advice is if you have a break of 10 days or more to go onto the lower dose. I didn’t though, and I feel ok.
---
I went straight back to my dose (1.0) after nearly a 3 week break and the nausea/vomiting was horrendous so I'd suggest titrating back up. If I had a break again I'd dose how I dose now. I do 24 clicks on a Mon/Wed/Fri then the following week Tues/Thurs/Sat. I get the appetite suppression but no vomiting and very little nausea
---

Yes I had a break and when I started again I was eating a ridiculous amount of bread, like half a loaf a day, until it built back up in my system
That’s good to know. Thank you! Funnily enough I just had toast for breakfast and could eat more 😭

I've done it! Dose 1 injected! Excited to wake up tomorrow 7 stone lighter 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The fear is very real this morning. I had two drinks last night. First was lovely and second I just knew it wasn't going to be good. 2 drowned weak g&ts and I'm in a jock feel ill and slept dreadfully. Really not worth it. Mood not really low just flat alot of the time. No real highs and lows. Interesting point on the sugar. I love a caramel bar - used to get such a dopamine affect from it but nothing now sometimes I miss that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You know I don't know if it's a genuine side effect of the drug, although would totally accept if it was because it's tinkering with chemicals in the body. I think initially in the first few months, it's sugar withdrawal and the lack of dopamine we get from eating junk food. I've found implementing other things for a 'kick' work as what I used before wasn't working anymore. I'd love a good cake and or a few biscuits.

Now I sea dip and I walk , alot. I watch a lot of comedy to get my mood kicks. It sounds silly but many of us were weaned on to sugar as babies, I know I was, I was started on rusks and biscuits, so that's decades of sugar in the body that it's used to having.

Most of all, be kind to yourself. You're starting a new chapter that's all about a healthier and hopefully happier version of you, it's a huge change and a big shift from where most of us were.

You're doing awesome.
I think you’re on to something re low mood maybe related to cutting back on sugar and other addictive foods.

Replacing food and the emotional crutch it had on me has been a process! I am reading a lot more, also trying to do more of my hobbies. As the weather warms up I’m determined to swim more too. I’m not quite tough enough for your cold pledges though!

All that said, if anyone here is really struggling with depression and anxiety symptoms it might be worth speaking to your GP. Anecdotally, have seen some people online talk about taking an SSRI alongside their medication to manage those symptoms.

Reactions: 5
Interesting point on the sugar impacting low mood. My moods have been level so far. I say that now, my period is two days away.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m happy to say I’ve lost 4lbs this week. Which means I’m down by 9.1lbs in total 🙌🏽That is the most amount of weight I’ve lost in consecutive weeks for about 4 years. I want to try moving more this week as I’ve only been focusing on what I’m eating.

I’m taking videos of my progress each week too by trying on the same pair of trousers. The trousers are still tight AF but I can already see some changes around my stomach and back. Less overhang/spill.

My partner has also noticed that my face is slimmer, we don’t live together so was nice that he noticed too.

I am feeling nervous about the 4 day bank holiday though and all the chocolate. My appetite is still suppressed and my desire is no longer there to buy but if I’m faced with Easter egg gifts that are sitting in the house, will it be a different story? 🤣

Reactions: 6
Meant to include in my previous comment that after two slow months where my weight didn't drop much I have had another loss and I am officially down 50lbs! Was at 'almost' down 50lbs for a while 😅 Being patient through the plateau has been hard. So I am glad to see things still moving downwards. 35lbs to go!

(I've mentioned my history a few times but for any new thread people I am on Wegovy, started June of 2023, didn't see much weight loss until 1mg and higher, only side effect was some constipation at the start)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It was my second week/second shot of mounjaro today and my weigh in day - 6lbs off! I'm VERY pleased with that. It feels strange in a way as I don't feel as though I've had to make any sacrifices to achieve the loss (apart from £152 obvs!) No mad cravings, no thinking about when my next meal is and, so far, no side effects either.

Onwards and downwards!!! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thought I’d give a little wegovy update- I had done 2 lots of 1mg pens and was debating if I should stick with a third as I was losing about 1-2lb a week with no side effects. I was losing more on lower doses/first 4 weeks at 1mg but felt like death!

Well, that weight loss ground to a halt of 0lb for over 10 days so I did my first 1.7mg this past week- no awful side effects, yet! I was expecting the jump up to cause the awful first few weeks I had been having each time I bounced up a level so impressed 1mg to 1.7mg hasn’t been too awful!

Still a bit of food noise if I’m late for breakfast/dinner but feeling full a lot quicker when I do eat. Despite not going to the toilet in 5 (Fibre supplements not moving things along either!) days I’ve lost 4lb this week so may be over the plateau.

I started in November and have stayed at doses where I’ve needed to- it’s definitely helped me not pack it all in when the side effects are dreadful as there’s been weeks of calm in between jumping up!

I am on my second 2.4 pen and on the last week before I order my next . I have moved up with the recommended time scales and been very lucky with minimal side effects . The weight has been slow and steady . I feel like I am losing slightly quicker on the 2.4 with an extra pound a week . Feel good , going to the gym and no joint pain anymore . If you are new or starting out ; just go up when you feel ready. Everyone is different and being in slow and steady gang has meant I am able to make better life choices for the long term .

How do you change the Mounjaro needle? I was told I get 4 needles with it? Does it hurt to inject?
Don't worry, all the instructions come with the pen and needles.

It's very easy twist on, twist off - if I can do then anyone can! 😆

I find it's absolutely minimum pain if any at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't worry, all the instructions come with the pen and needles.

It's very easy twist on, twist off - if I can do then anyone can! 😆

I find it's absolutely minimum pain if any at all.
thank you, I store in fridge isn’t that right? When I’ve done my first injection do I put it back in the fridge for the next week? Sorry for all the questions hahaa

thank you, I store in fridge isn’t that right? When I’ve done my first injection do I put it back in the fridge for the next week? Sorry for all the questions hahaa
Generally, to avoid confusion we generally store it in the fridge. :)

How do you change the Mounjaro needle? I was told I get 4 needles with it? Does it hurt to inject?
The instructions are simple and clear re preparing the needle and then injecting yourself. I was nervous about the pain as I’m a wuss. I inject into my leg, it’s like a tiny prick.
Once you’re done, store away in the fridge and keep us all updated!
Also don’t be dumb like me and lock your sharps box… I was Googling how to reopen it and you can’t 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The instructions are simple and clear re preparing the needle and then injecting yourself. I was nervous about the pain as I’m a wuss. I inject into my leg, it’s like a tiny prick.
Once you’re done, store away in the fridge and keep us all updated!
Also don’t be dumb like me and lock your sharps box… I was Googling how to reopen it and you can’t 🤣🙈
Where did you get your sharps box and do you just put it in the wheelie bin when you are done with it? 🫢sorry if this is a stupid question

Reactions: 1
Where did you get your sharps box and do you just put it in the wheelie bin when you are done with it? 🫢sorry if this is a stupid question
It was all provided as part of my order. Definitely not a stupid question but no you can’t dispose in a normal bin, they need to be disposed of safely. You need to contact your local pharmacy or GP - I think! I haven’t reached that stage so hoping someone else can confirm this 🙈

Reactions: 3
I got mine with my first order, as it asked if I needed one.
You contact your local council to dispose of your sharps bin when it’s full

I got mine with my first order, as it asked if I needed one.
You contact your local council to dispose of your sharps bin when it’s full
Further dumb question- is it free? I assumed you just dropped them off at the doctors to get rid of- I’m wondering how long it takes to fill as mine still sounds very empty!

Well, my appetite was back with a vengeance last week, (one dose to go on second Wegovy pen), so I decided to switch to Mounjaro. After I've made the purchase I took the Wegovy pen out of the fridge for my last jab and it's definitely got more than one dose left in it. Now I'm thinking I've messed up last weekend's injection somehow... 😒💉
---
Further dumb question- is it free? I assumed you just dropped them off at the doctors to get rid of- I’m wondering how long it takes to fill as mine still sounds very empty!
You can drop the sharps bin off at a pharmacy too, just make sure its properly sealed. And yes, there is no charge for a council pick up, or drop off at pharmacy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.