Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s not loose site of things please , it doesn’t really matter what clothing any of them were wearing nor the look in the eyes, two innocent children have been killed,
Yet again the system to protect them failed, that’s what we need to focus on getting a better system in place to offer proper protection,
The news today says at least 28 children are killed each year, we need more funding more training,more services to assist children in need
I don't think anyone is loosing site of anything. People are just having a discussion about body language and how a person's dress can make them appear in court. The trial does not resume until Monday.

The system is not fit for purpose. It should have been overhauled when there was a political crisis after Baby P died. All that happened there was the Director of Children's Services was publicly fired. The Government need to stop the bureaucracy, the paperwork and let SS do what they need to do. Instead it's a box ticking exercise and reaching targets for reducing cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I’m not concerned about F wearing a puffer jacket to court. There are probably all sorts of sights in court and she probably looks relatively neat even in a black puffer.

Eyes are windows to the soul
That’s what they say and I’m inclined to agree.

Doesn’t mean I’m gonna yell ‘murderer’ at the next person I see with a steely gaze. It was an observation, that’s all.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I really need someone to tell me how I can stop crying over Arthur, it has utterly consumed me, stars case is just as awful, but I don't know what it is about his that has shaken me so much, i think its the video, the voice audio and the thought of his poor mother and how much regret she must feel over her actions that led to her being apart from Arthur, she could never have foreseen it, and although she killed a man, as a mother i can't bear to think of what she must feel.

My childhood was awful, not as bad of course as Arthur or star, but there have been instances where I am reminded of my own time growing up, where I had similar things happen as to what happened to both Star and Arthur,.I just want to write some of it down just for my own sanity.

1. Made to go to the shop whilst starving hungry to buy sweets and crisps for my stepdad and his bio daughter (my little sister) to eat whilst teased that we weren't allowed any. We being me, my twin and elder sister.

2. Made by my mother to sit up late at night for step dad to deal with us for minor indiscretions, we'd be falling asleep and forced to stay awake.

3. Routinely dreading weekends and school holidays cos that equaled painful hunger.

4. Stole food from a school bin, Stole packed lunches of other kids, punished and shamed by the school instead of helped.

5. Sent to school dirty and smelly, socially ostracised because of it, shamed by teachers rather than helped.

6. Had to listen to my twin being beaten with a belt for eating a Bournville chocolate bar that belonged to one of my parents.

That's just some, and I'm gonna post this on my Facebook and shame my parents infront of everyone!!!! Not hiding anymore.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you've shared because it's always better to get things out than keeping it bottled away. Big hugs x

Reactions: 5
Nobody said it was an exact science, or that we should introduce it instead of having fair trials. Plenty of people do see patterns in how cold and hard child abusers’ eyes look though. The same thing applies to paedophiles; there’s a certain ‘look’ that can be quite common, but it doesn’t confirm anything for definite. It’s really not too controversial that people see a correlation.
Mediums/psychics also have a certain look

Reactions: 1
People are losing sight of the most important thing here. The fact that a 16 month old is dead and someone killed her.

It is easy to claim that you can see someone is uncaring or abusive because of the way they look or what they wear but in the real world nasty abusive people live among us and we will often have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
People are losing sight of the most important thing here. The fact that a 16 month old is dead and someone killed her.

It is easy to claim that you can see someone is uncaring or abusive because of the way they look or what they wear but in the real world nasty abusive people live among us and we will often have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.
Mother of god.

Can we stop with the eyes comment, it wasn’t meant to be a taken as this big thing! It was merely an observation - wish I’d never said anything now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

I don't think anyone is losing sight of why we are here. I'm pretty sure we all have that in common despite differing opinons on certain things. Doesn't harm having the odd bit of banter in-between.

Reactions: 7
Mr. Ali has so much more to work with for his closing speech than KG doesn’t he? I’m interested to see how his will go.

Mother of god.

Can we stop with the eyes comment, it wasn’t meant to be a taken as this big thing! It was merely an observation - wish I’d never said anything now.
I’m not really sure why people are jumping on this/you. I totally agree with you. I’ve also heard people say this before it’s not a new thing? Think people just like that circle game we are so used to seeing now…...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m not really sure why people are jumping on this/you. I totally agree with you. I’ve also heard people say this before it’s not a new thing? Think people just like that circle game we are so used to seeing now…...
It’s like talking to a brick wall. Bring back Candy, all is forgiven. Sheesh! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think anyone is losing sight of why we are here. I'm pretty sure we all have that in common despite differing opinons on certain things. Doesn't harm having the odd bit of banter in-between.
Exactly...it's a late Friday and towards the end of the trial. It's on thread 9...450 pages of this case. I think looking at things from a body language/psychology pov is very interesting.

• Haha
this time next week we should have verdicts in this case, I hope it makes national news like Arthur did and front page of all the papers. All these cases need to be spoken about. Something needs to be done to prevent anything like this ever again

• Heart
The cynic in me thinks that letting FS wear her ordinary clothes is another ploy to try to impart to the jury that she's young and not capable of understanding the gravitas of a court hearing. She's dressed like my teen niece would be by the sounds of it. And that's all part of the defence.
SBs choice of outfit, well I think whatever her brief advised her to wear, the brief would be "mistaken" and SB would wear what she deems more appropriate to a murder trial.

Reactions: 11
Ok I’m sure this pic will, without doubt, show these as the child abusers they are. It’s all in the eyes…. Obviously. Why has the UK stumped up hundreds of thousands of pounds when it’s so easy to convict those guilty of child abuse, torture and murder?
That’s not even their eyes, it’s a filter

Reactions: 2
I’m not concerned about F wearing a puffer jacket to court. There are probably all sorts of sights in court and she probably looks relatively neat even in a black puffer.
It’s probably freezing tbf. For all we know everyone else in the court is wearing a coat and a puffer jacket is maybe the only over coat she has available to her.

FS needs a prison sentence, she was the mother, she was a part of the abuse, she allowed SB into her household and access to her daughter. Yes she was a victim of DV but she still did stuff too. Even if she didn't if I was that baby's mam no way would that be happening, if I was going away for murder it would have been of SB not my daughter.
I like the last sentence you wrote - powerful!

Reactions: 4
I remember in infant school, if we misbehaved (usually silly little things) we were made to stand and face the brick wall at break time, sometimes for the whole 15 minutes and this was children aged 4-7… (this was in the early 00s, so 2000-2003).

I don’t think they do it now (or at least not at any schools I’ve seen) which I’m glad about, even at 4 I thought it was a horrible punishment. I can’t even imagine why you’d think of doing that to a baby. They just wouldn’t understand.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I remember in infant school, if we misbehaved (usually silly little things) we were made to stand and face the brick wall at break time, sometimes for the whole 15 minutes and this was children aged 4-7… (this was in the early 00s, so 2000-2003).

I don’t think they do it now (or at least not at any schools I’ve seen) which I’m glad about, even at 4 I thought it was a horrible punishment. I can’t even imagine why you’d think of doing that to a baby. They just wouldn’t understand.
That’s insane! I would’ve just started secondary school around that time and the only ‘punishment’ we got then was detention. Even in primary school, we had to write lines for misbehaving. Some teachers did shout a lot right in your face if you stepped out of line, usually the more old school ones.

You’re absolutely right, a baby wouldn’t understand at all. Even for a 4-7 year old it’s quite extreme. I’m glad schools aren’t like that now. Imagine being a little kid receiving abuse at home with school being your only safe space, just for you to get placed in front of a wall again over something stupid? :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.