Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some may think this is going too far but I decided a long time ago that if my OH and I ever split up, then I’m just going to stay single until our children are grown. Rather that than potentially put them in harms way by mistakenly trusting a man who shouldn’t be trusted. I’d never forgive myself. Im ok being in my own company anyway.
This is what I did.

It’s definitely not just you.

It’s strange, isn’t it, how we can tie a persons clothing to how we perceive their mood or emotions. And then once we believe a person to be a certain way, we voice our displeasure in how they dress. This isn’t a criticism, by the way.. just a general ponder on how a persons appeal; how they’re presented to us vs how they appear, can impact on the way we view them. If SB had turned up to court in a neutral coloured suit, carried herself differently, responded to the questions in a humble and dignified manner; would we now have a different opinion of her even with the prosecutions evidence?
Some things cannot be hidden behind a curtain of respectability, thank goodness! I do agree. I seriously misjudged a very pretty, soft-spoken person in the workplace. Her voice was just so sweet and I mistook her for the same. She was one of the most duplicitous, two-faced people I ‘ve ever known. That makes 2 persons with the soft, well-spoken voice who have pulled the wool over my eyes - not likely to be a third. I think generally persons lacking morals also lack couth and taste and it reflects in how they present themselves.

Yes, I agree with you. Another poster mentioned earlier in these threads that Star wasn’t our child / family member to love. The people gushing on FB obviously have problems with boundaries. Some people are so mawkish.

Re: the comment about what SB was wearing. I have noticed throughout the trial she does tend to wear various coloured suits / shirts. Not always but quite often and I think it can give insight into a persons character. It was an observation.

I’m allowed to have that opinion without being admonished for it and told I must not talk about it because it’s not as important as other issues regarding the trial!
Meaning of mawkish? Thanks - from US.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
This is what I did.

Some things cannot be hidden behind a curtain of respectability, thank goodness! I do agree. I seriously misjudged a very pretty, soft-spoken person in the workplace. Her voice was just so sweet and I mistook her for the same. She was one of the most duplicitous, two-faced people I ‘ve ever known. That makes 2 persons with the soft, well-spoken voice who have pulled the wool over my eyes - not likely to be a third. I think generally persons lacking morals also lack couth and taste and it reflects in how they present themselves.

Meaning of mawkish? Thanks - from US.
Mawkish means sentimental in a crass and exaggerated way.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.