Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you act on a bruise? You were referring to the bruising obviously being bad because social services were called but I just don’t believe that automatically means FS

In regards to the bruises, I’m not sure how she could act on them. The doctor won’t do anything for a bruise.

The leg injury is different though.

How do you act on a bruise? You were referring to the bruising obviously being bad because social services were called but I just don’t believe that automatically means FS

In regards to the bruises, I’m not sure how she could act on them. The doctor won’t do anything for a bruise.

The leg injury is different though.
In FS shoes I’d start by looking at the person that beat me black and blue.

Reactions: 8
In FS shoes I’d start by looking at the person that beat me black and blue.
It’s easy to say what we’d do in her shoes, I still don’t think that necessarily suggests she intended to cause Star harm or was happy for anyone else to.

Reactions: 1
You don’t need a doctor to take steps to safeguard your child when they’re presenting with bad facial bruising. That is on you as a parent to do.

If you saw your child fall before they were left in someone else’s care, then when they returned they had bruising and the person caring for them (who you deemed more knowledgeable than you) told you the bruises were from the fall and were only just coming out, I don’t think you’d be wrong for accepting that.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I mentioned my friend and how nearly every week his child has horrific bruises on her face, of course I won’t post her picture but it is terrible. The child’s mother ALWAYS has an innocent explanation, and because she has a lot of support and is with her family often, her explanations are believed. I’m sure if she had shacked up with a new partner and had minimal contact with anyone else social services would be called too, but I don’t think that would automatically mean she’s guilty of harming her child.

Didn’t FS express that she was scared Star would be taken away even before she got with SB? Because they thought she had PND?
I totally see where you’re coming from btw I’m not trying to argue I can just see the other side
I apologies in advance if I have miss interpreted this and I mean you absolutely no offence. Do you mean you know a child who has recurring bruises and social services or the police have never been called? From your post I am reading it as you have seen these bruises, you have heard explanations and don’t believe the mums excuses. If this is the case please I urge you to act. If we can learn anything from this horrific trial and poor little Arthur’s is that we all have a responsibility to the young people around us and we need to speak up if we suspect abuse. If I have misinterpreted this I’m sorry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you saw your child fall before they were left in someone else’s care, then when they returned they had bruising and the person caring for them (who you deemed more knowledgeable than you) told you the bruises were from the fall and were only just coming out, I don’t think you’d be wrong for accepting that.
And that’s exactly the reason FS is on trial for causing or allowing the death of a child.

Reactions: 2
I apologies in advance if I have miss interpreted this and I mean you absolutely know offence. Do you mean you know a child who has recurring bruises and social services or the police have never been called? From your post I am reading it as you have seen these bruises, you have heard explanations and don’t believe the mums excuses. If this is the case please I urge you to act. If we can learn anything from this horrific trial and poor little Arthur’s is that we all have a responsibility to the young people around us and we need to speak up if we suspect abuse. If I have misinterpreted this I’m sorry ❤
No need to apologise, you’re correct. I don’t know the mother personally I only know the father (they’re not together he has his child every weekend) but looking at the extent of the bruising and how often it occurs I have raised my concerns with him, he’ll agree with me but then the next time we discuss it he’ll have got over it because she’s always got a “valid” explanation. It’s usually the child falling down the stairs (she has a really awkward staircase in her home) but there was a period where he took the child and said he wasn’t returning her until the mother put something in place to stop it from happening, but he was told if he didn’t return her he’d be the one who would get done. I don’t know anything about the mother to be able to involve social services so not quite sure how to go about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
How about FS admitting that Star was frightened of SB?? I am sure one doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to realise that it if a child is scared of an adult it is because of negative experiences, the bruises were just the proof.

Reactions: 5
I can’t forget the injuries that were read out in court. Numerous bruises all over her, broken ribs, fractured tibia, bruising to vital organs & the skull fracture that was caused by a blunt force trauma (all done prior to the final assault) and then of course, the blow that severed a major artery 😢.

Star must have been so miserable & unhappy and in so much pain. I saw a video of her on Facebook and SB has her in her arms, she just looks so down.

And then when you think about FS putting her against a wall, shouting at her in her sleep, filming her falling off a chair, shouting demands at her like she was a dog.

What an awful existence for a poor baby who’s done nothing wrong in the world💔

• Sad
Reactions: 17
No need to apologise, you’re correct. I don’t know the mother personally I only know the father (they’re not together he has his child every weekend) but looking at the extent of the bruising and how often it occurs I have raised my concerns with him, he’ll agree with me but then the next time we discuss it he’ll have got over it because she’s always got a “valid” explanation. It’s usually the child falling down the stairs (she has a really awkward staircase in her home) but there was a period where he took the child and said he wasn’t returning her until the mother put something in place to stop it from happening, but he was told if he didn’t return her he’d be the one who would get done. I don’t know anything about the mother to be able to involve social services so not quite sure how to go about it.
You could probably report using dads details, but make clear it’s the mum you have concerns about. You can make an anonymous report.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How about FS admitting that Star was frightened of SB?? I am sure one doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to realise that it if a child is scared of an adult it is because of negative experiences, the bruises were just the proof.
I’m not sure, because I think if someone asked me if I was scared of my dad when I was younger I’d say yes - not because he ever harmed or abused me (my dad has never disciplined me beyond telling me to stop doing something) but his voice was deeper and more intimidating than my mum’s if he was to tell me off. He’d only have to look at me a certain way and I’d behave. FS mentioned that SB had a firmer voice than she did so she could’ve put it down to that.

Reactions: 7
if you truly believe that this mother could be abusing this child then I think you should report it to social services or at least NSPCC (they will contact SS on your behalf). You don’t have to give your name, you can just explain everything you have said on here to them. You have enough information to go on by giving them the fathers name and address (I assume you know this). You can explain that your concerns do not lay with the father, but they can contact him and will be able to get any additional information from him.Perhaps if he is contacted it will prompt him to open up and relay his concerns also. He seems to have confided in you that he does.Please please call them ❤

• Heart
I’m not sure, because I think if someone asked me if I was scared of my dad when I was younger I’d say yes - not because he ever harmed or abused me (my dad has never disciplined me beyond telling me to stop doing something) but his voice was deeper and more intimidating than my mum’s if he was to tell me off. He’d only have to look at me a certain way and I’d behave. FS mentioned that SB had a firmer voice than she did so she could’ve put it down to that.
But no one asked Star because she couldn’t talk so she was acting frightened and that’s a major red flag in a young baby who has very little awareness of the world, feelings, emotions, what is wrong and what is right etc. babies at that age act on instinct alone. What you are describing is respect for authority at an older age.

Reactions: 3
As much as I agree with many of your posts, I think the reason Star was frightened of SB was because of what SB was doing to her. She was only a baby/toddler but I’m sure she knew what going to SB meant. Especially them last few weeks, it breaks my heart thinking of it.

• Sad
I get what you're saying. And to me, some babies start to show a preference for one of the adults in their lives at some point, just through a normal development. My wee one wouldn't go to their dad for a while and used to make it plainly known they were not happy. So I had to do the baths, the bedtimes etc. It soon all resolved itself, but there was definitely a time where I was the 'favourite', even though nothing else had changed.

Edit: I don't doubt for a moment Star was scared of going to SB because of what was happening - it could just have been interpreted as the above ^

Reactions: 6
She said exactly that. She put it down to SBs firmer voice. I think that's plausible.

Reactions: 5
But actually it would, wouldn’t it? When SB attacking, F in freeze mode, no memories form. If she was attacking, she wouldn’t be in freeze mode, memory formation intact or improved over freeze mode.

She did call the doctor about her lip. They told her to wash with salt water.
I’m pretty sure they checked the call log and no call was actually made, telephone appointment or otherwise. I could be wrong though.

Could you do some social media stalking and try to find out the name of her mother? Babies / children with bruises on their cheeks are a big red flag for abuse happening to them because thats a very uncommon place to get bruises from normal, toddler activity.

Even if a child survives this type of abuse, it can completely wreck their adult lives and they grow up to have personality disorders and are unable to have healthy attachments with anyone.

• Sad
As much as I agree with many of your posts, I think the reason Star was frightened of SB was because of what SB was doing to her. She was only a baby/toddler but I’m sure she knew what going to SB meant. Especially them last few weeks, it breaks my heart thinking of it.
That's exactly the reason she was scared. We know that now. FS potentially didn't know that at the time though so it's reasonable to think it was SBs firm voice she was scared of and not to automatically jump to physical abuse being the reason?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
But no one asked Star because she couldn’t talk so she was acting frightened and that’s a major red flag in a young baby who has very little awareness of the world, feelings, emotions, what is wrong and what is right etc. babies at that age act on instinct alone. What you are describing is respect for authority at an older age.
I’m referring to how I felt when I was young, going back to as young as I can remember.
Even my daughter, at Star’s age she went through a phase of being scared of my grandad because he’s got a loud voice. She’d never even been left alone with him (or anyone for that matter) and he’d never told her off, but she’d cry as soon as she saw his car outside. I even spoke to the health visitor about it because I couldn’t understand why she’d be scared, they said it was probably just a phase that she’d grow out of (and she did).
So I can see why FS could just put it down to thinking it was just the fact SB was more firm than what Star was used to.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.