Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’re all following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

Side note - This is an emotive subject. Please be respectful of other posters - there will be a variety of opinions posted, if you feel you can’t be civil please use the ignore feature or press report on anything that goes against Tattle rules.

Reactions: 11
Trying to reply to Avabella but it’s not letting me quote cross thread….

Very early on, could’ve been thread 1 or 2, someone who worked with children said they saw many Mothers who they referred to a simpletons. And not in a derogatory way. They were just simple. This really resonated with me seeing Frankie.

I imagine that to mean people who can only deal with one thing at a time, slowly, when it’s in front of them. Maybe? I don’t know? That’s how I took it.

Reactions: 9
It really hit home when they released the audio, pictures and CCTV of Arthur of exactly what he went through. They described it in great detail in court but it's only when you really see it you go "woah". I think that's the case here with the bruising on Star, it sounds HORRIFIC. How could she see her baby in that state and not do something?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t know what to think today. I’m definitely less certain, but I think it’s important to remember that what looks obvious in hindsight with a rational mind, may not have looked so obvious when you’ve been gaslighted for months and told by social services that your family are making malicious reports.

She’s grown up with DV between her parents. Abuse and love are then interlinked in her mind. She’s admitted being negligent and cruel, perhaps that’s why people aren’t so hard on FS because she admits she fell far short of what Star deserved.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
So I think SB wanted to have Star overnight as it was a way to still stay in contact with FS on her nights out. SB had to work them nights so she couldn't go out with her but having Star allowed the constant contact. SB knew that there were others who would watch Star if she did not do it so it wouldn't mean FS couldn't go out if she didn't have Star. It also meant she could portray the image that she did have rights to Star as a biological parent and keep that in FS mind if she thought about leaving. While Star was there she could maintain that contact as her excuse.

AM: She said terrible things about your lovely Star, did you not think, it doesn't matter what I think about her, I'm having nothing to do with someone who speaks about my daughter like that?

FS: No

Just WHAT! I guess at least she's honest about this, scarily so, this is so much more than selfish behaviour, she really doesn't get any of it does she?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Just to continue the fun little topic of ableism: it’s ridiculous and inaccurate to suggest that playing with dolls or being unable to understand and/or answer questions is somehow indicative of autism. There’s really been nothing majorly indicative of autism at all, and misinformation does serious harm to autistic people.

Reactions: 6
It really hit home when they released the audio, pictures and CCTV of Arthur of exactly what he went through. They described it in great detail in court but it's only when you really see it you go "woah". I think that's the case here with the bruising on Star, it sounds HORRIFIC. How could she see her baby in that state and not do something?
There will be footage of Star released at some point to the media (most definitely the staircase footage) and I anticipate that the Public reaction will be the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
AM: She said terrible things about your lovely Star, did you not think, it doesn't matter what I think about her, I'm having nothing to do with someone who speaks about my daughter like that?

FS: No

Just WHAT! I guess at least she's honest about this, scarily so, this is so much more than selfish behaviour, she really doesn't get any of it does she?
Because she didn’t believe SB meant it, she said that just before.

AM isn’t quite hitting as hard as I thought. He’s coming at it too logically. Just makes me think he doesn’t understand DV and the impact of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve seen two images of the bruising on Star from that awful TE page on Facebook, and it is horrendous! I dread to think of what will be released after the trial, other images and videos the jury have had to sit and look at day in and day out all these weeks.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I’ve seen two images of the bruising on Star from that awful TE page on Facebook, and it is horrendous! I dread to think of what will be released after the trial, other images and videos the jury have had to sit and look at day in and day out all these weeks.
I think the crawling up the stairs one will definitely.

• Sad
There will be footage of Star released at some point to the media (most definitely the staircase footage) and I anticipate that the Public reaction will be the same.
yes I think the one where FS is on her phone and Star is attempting to climb down stairs :( I think I will cry.
I don't think they will release the recycling plant footage and I don't think they should.

• Sad
Just to continue the fun little topic of ableism: it’s ridiculous and inaccurate to suggest that playing with dolls or being unable to understand and/or answer questions is somehow indicative of autism. There’s really been nothing majorly indicative of autism at all, and misinformation does serious harm to autistic people.
I'm sorry if that's how it was portrayed as that wasn't the intention at all. And as much as we may not like it, the DSM does work on a deficit model to diagnose most conditions. Not being able to understand questioning can be a very indicative factor, as well as answering/thinking extremely literally. Anyway, we can move on as it's not really up to anyone to diagnose. It was purely an observation - the same as we have speculated and observed that SB displays psychopathic tendencies.

• Heart
  • Angry
To me, FS just comes across as rather dozy, for want of a better word.

The level of abuse that poor Star was subjected to is so unthinkable that most people would not want to entertain the idea that the person they thought they loved was doing this. I think she thought that although she was violent to her, SB would never turn that on Star.

To the poster who said that her family said FS is selfish and a liar, it’s not illegal to be either of those things. The trial is about how far she allowed Star’s death and whether she played a part in murdering her.
At this point I think FS would admit that she was indeed incredibly selfish. She wasn’t a fit mother. I don’t think she has tried to paint herself as a good mother either.

There was some discussion about the emotion being recorded on the transcript - the reported said he didn’t have a clear view on one of his tweets the other day. Also there’s so much content he may not have time to record the emotion. I agree if she’s sat there cold and unfeeling, it would change my view but I’m not sure thats true.

Reactions: 7
Because she didn’t believe SB meant it, she said that just before.

AM isn’t quite hitting as hard as I thought. He’s coming at it too logically. Just makes me think he doesn’t understand DV and the impact of it.
Coupled with the fact that FS clearly has a low IQ. We’re not dealing with what a sensible, intelligent person would do.

To me, FS just comes across as rather dozy, for want of a better word.

The level of abuse that poor Star was subjected to is so unthinkable that most people would not want to entertain the idea that the person they thought they loved was doing this. I think she thought that although she was violent to her, SB would never turn that on Star.

To the poster who said that her family said FS is selfish and a liar, it’s not illegal to be either of those things. The trial is about how far she allowed Star’s death and whether she played a part in murdering her.
At this point I think FS would admit that she was indeed incredibly selfish. She wasn’t a fit mother. I don’t think she has tried to paint herself as a good mother either.
I'm pretty sure when I was 19 my mum would have described me as selfish and a liar :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel like AM will do the eleven minutes again. Something certainly doesn’t add up about that day and if FS carries on with her “don’t know” answers that will be really annoying.

I get where the autism discussion is coming from-she is very literal and doesn't seem to understand when she's being goaded (for lack of a better word) by the prosecution. But so much is missing without tone and facial expression, it's just text so very easy to misinterpret her mannerisms or her demeanour. I'd really love to know though if she's showing any emotion in regards to the bruises etc.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.