Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SB hasn’t directly blamed her but every thing she said in court and her witnesses insinuate that it was Frankie.
Indirectly but at the same time directly.
Yes but what I'm getting at is she never spelled it out directly Frankie. Whereas Frankie has dropped the massive bomb that SB asked her to lie for her. I feel like Kath's questioning today has been a strange one. It's like she forgot to do her homework and peddled something together last minute. I'm sure there's a bigger reason for it, but reading it has been strange.

Reactions: 7
I think there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt. I’ve said before this is less about the individual pieces of evidence but more about what it looks like when you put the information together. The boxing history, the violence to FS, the timing of bruises, the dating of the pathologist, the brain expert and the bone expert, the CCTV, the translation. All points to the 11-14 Sept being a violent attack on Star.

There’s nothing that points to FS suddenly becoming so viciously and suddenly violent to her daughter that would result in death.

It has to be one of them. The fact I can fairly confidently rule out FS makes the weight even heavier on SB. It is reasonable, in my mind, to assume it was F, or both together. Any “doubts” I have would have to mean believing SBs far fetched story.

Beyond reasonable doubt is not “100% certain”.
Absolutely 100% this.

Why is FS STILL getting tons of sympathy on this thread? SB probably did give her a hiding but she was constantly attention seeking and lying and is lying her way through this trial. Was she duck being brave.. She’s rough with a big mouth. She was vile to her own daughter and is passing the blame.

Because regardless of how much she’s fucked it, she’s not a monster. She was a teenager under the control of an abusive and predatory adult.
She didn’t kill her baby, and when the physical abuse of Star became apparent she was searching for a way out.

It’s not a flaw to have empathy for someone in that situation.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
That's just it though - the reasonable doubt? SB hasn't blamed FS. But FS has now said that SB asked her to lie. Giving huge doubt over what SB was doing. It's all very complex but I would have thought that given the bigger, much more damning picture, it would be beyond reasonable doubt that SB got the murder charge?
I agree there is certainly enough to convict her beyond reasonable doubt. A lot of evidence is circumstantial but it doesn’t matter if there is enough of it. I didn’t really understand it until
I followed the Bernadette Walker case. Hell they never even found the poor girls body, they had no confessions, no DNA evidence of proof she was even murdered. But her step dad (hate calling him that) was found guilty of murder. Why because of the sheer amount of circumstantial evidence that couldn’t draw any other reasonable conclusion other than one or both her parents killing her.

Reactions: 11
Yes but what I'm getting at is she never spelled it out directly Frankie. Whereas Frankie has dropped the massive bomb that SB asked her to lie for her. I feel like Kath's questioning today has been a strange one. It's like she forgot to do her homework and peddled something together last minute. I'm sure there's a bigger reason for it, but reading it has been strange.
I honestly hope that she gets found guilty of murder. I’m not expert in law so I don’t know, lt just seems unlikely to me x

Reactions: 3
Filming whilst driving? Honestly, the number of motoring offences S’very good driver’B has committed could probably get her put away longer than a murder charge at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Another key part is that I just don’t believe SB would lie for FS. I think she’d save her own skin in a heartbeat. I also think, if the evidence was absolutely undeniable in her mind, she would take FS down with her.

I honestly hope that she gets found guilty of murder. I’m not expert in law so I don’t know, lt just seems unlikely to me x
Look at it this way - the CPS can only run a case of murder if they believe there is enough evidence to prosecute them of murder. They knew there was no direct footage of the fatal attack but they were still confident they could get a conviction.

Reactions: 20
I think there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt. I’ve said before this is less about the individual pieces of evidence but more about what it looks like when you put the information together. The boxing history, the violence to FS, the timing of bruises, the dating of the pathologist, the brain expert and the bone expert, the CCTV, the translation. All points to the 11-14 Sept being a violent attack on Star.

There’s nothing that points to FS suddenly becoming so viciously and suddenly violent to her daughter that would result in death.

It has to be one of them. The fact I can fairly confidently rule out FS makes the weight even heavier on SB. It is not reasonable, in my mind, to assume it was F, or both together. Any “doubts” I have would have to mean believing SBs far fetched story.

Beyond reasonable doubt is not “100% certain”.

I really really hope so.
She should never be allowed to walk free again.
I hated Frankie with a passion a few days ago… now I hope that she can somehow come out of this a better person and live a normal life some day. She’s just a kid herself really.
I know Star is the main victim, but neither of them deserved this.

Reactions: 25
[
I think KG is trying to get the jury to doubt the honesty of FS by bringing up any perceived inconsistencies and changes to what she has said. I think she is trying to stop SB getting the murder charge by creating doubts in their minds.
I agree she is trying to show that FS has changed her story a number of times so they cant be sure of her word. Another thought that occurred to me is that is KG playing to the fact that there are 11 men on the Jury, Is it possible that she thinks they will be less empathetic and of the opinion that FS could have walked away at any time, as they would be less empathetic towards DV ( I realize that men can also be a victim of DV but its less common).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Frankie, when she gets out of jail should do something similar to what Kayleigh Haywoods parents do. Go around schools telling the story to educate young people about these predators (different scenarios but still). Not saying she's entirely innocent in the entire situation but maybe in her daughters memory telling Stars and her story could potentially save a life. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong I don't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Frankie, when she gets out of jail should do something similar to what Kayleigh Haywoods parents do. Go around schools telling the story to educate young people about these predators (different scenarios but still). Not saying she's entirely innocent in the entire situation but maybe in her daughters memory telling Stars and her story could potentially save a life. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong I don't know.
That's actually a really good thought. There needs to be more education, she was barely a kid herself. She didn't know how to be a parent and didn't know she was worth more than SB ever showed. Let's empower our young girls today to know their worth!

Reactions: 15
[

I agree she is trying to show that FS has changed her story a number of times so they cant be sure of her word. Another thought that occurred to me is that is KG playing to the fact that there are 11 men on the Jury, Is it possible that she thinks they will be less empathetic and of the opinion that FS could have walked away at any time, as they would be less empathetic towards DV ( I realize that men can also be a victim of DV but its less common).

I don’t think she’s changed her story as such. Just hasn’t been entirely clear and precise about specific incidents.

Sometimes I remember traumatic things in conversation rather them being at the forefront of my mind. Things I haven’t thought about for years just come up because as a child the violence in our house was so common it was just ‘normal’ to us and not really significant. To people who have had great childhoods they would sound horrific, to those who lived it it’s like asking what they had for dinner that day. I know I ate, but the food wasn’t significant because it was normal to eat, that kinda thing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m starting to feel that FS was a kid who had no idea how to bring up a child. She was in a relationship with someone older with a lot of experience around children who was telling her what to do and how to do it. She was easily led in some of these circumstances.

Reactions: 20
I feel like KG is just trying to exhaust FS with endless questioning now. Did ZA go on this long with SB? She hasn’t even probably asked FS about the day of the death yet.

Reactions: 13
Unless something huge is still to come out I don’t even think FS will get jail time. She’s already done a year on remand. I think she will walk with a suspended sentence. There is reasonable doubt that she wasnt aware of the abuse and the evidence clearly says that she was making attempts to remove SB from her life when she did realise. I really didn’t think I would be saying that before FS took the stand.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I feel like KG is just trying to exhaust FS with endless questioning now. Did ZA go on this long with SB? She hasn’t even probably asked FS about the day of the death yet.

Yup… even the judge asked her to move on. I’m not sure what she’s trying to do now

Reactions: 10
It’s fascinating to me the way the defence barristers kind of reflect the defendants personalities. ZA said back quietly and then let rip when it mattered. KG going for the on and on goading approach.

Reactions: 6
KG is just boring me now, as awful as that sounds. She's throwing shade left right and centre and nothings sticking. FS was probably subjected to so much 'low level' abuse that she didn't even think to include that in the list of violent acts towards her.

Reactions: 23
Unless something huge is still to come out I don’t even think FS will get jail time. She’s already done a year on remand. I think she will walk with a suspended sentence. There is reasonable doubt that she was of the abuse and the evidence clearly says that she was making attempts to remove SB from her life when she did realise. I really didn’t think I would be saying that before FS took the stand.

You won’t get a suspended sentence for causing or allowing the death of a child though

Reactions: 1
Around here (W Yorks) everyone will tell you how scary it is driving around Bradford. With people like SB behind the wheel i'm surprised there aren't more accidents.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.