Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing that doesn’t appear to be have been discussed in any detail is SB saying that FS was still in her PJs when she arrived with the kids that fateful day. SB said she would make a coffee and then watch the kids whilst FS had a shower.

It doesn’t sound like FS had time for a shower in the end. She has just said in court that her pad had leaked and she had blood on her legs so I assume blood was on her PJ bottoms too. There is no mention of her getting changed into clean clothes. This must mean she went to hospital in the ambulance in blood soiled PJs, mustn’t it? I recall they had to hand over their clothing to Police whilst at the hospital. If FS handed over soiled PJs, this would account for her being on her period. Did the hospital then give them some clothing to change into and go home in? Or did FS get changed into clean clothes in those 11 minutes before calling an ambulance?

Apologies if the clothing / PJs / shower situation has already been discussed and I have missed it completely. It is just something that has been bugging me since SB told the court that FS was still in her PJs when she got there.

Reactions: 16
Maybe she changed her position on where they were in the living room.
Or it could have been the armed police comment?

Reactions: 1
You can tell KG is asking her questions in ways she won’t understand. I think that’s wrong.

Reactions: 25
You can tell KG is asking her questions in ways she won’t understand. I think that’s wrong.
Definitely not going to be any leading questions from her that’s for sure. Only questions that will make FS’s head spin

Reactions: 12
I think we’re going to see more of this tomorrow, today was just a taster.
It’s very unfair actually. Guilty or not, everyone is entitled to a fair trial. And it’s hardly fair if they’re putting statements and questions to her that she genuinely doesn’t understand.

Reactions: 20
That wasn’t new today - that was in ZAs speech yesterday.

Intimidating, jargony ways
Ahhh okay…. Do you have a legal background as you seem to be 100% on the detail. I’m envisioning you in front of a whiteboard with lots of lines and post it notes! 😂😂

Reactions: 3
So that's why KG wanted to raise a point of law, she has changed her story today about SB in the room the documents KG mentions are

Defence Case Statement (DCS)

A proof of evidence is a written statement containing details of what it is intended the witness will say at trial. ... (a) the nature of the defence, including any particular defences relied upon; and. (b) the matters of fact on which the defendant takes issue with the prosecution;

I wonder if/when Mr Ali knew she was going to change her story today? As a very experienced QC he must have known what an issue it would cause and I cant imagine he would have advised it

Reactions: 7
I think if KG is too harsh it could go against her - the jury may feel FS was put under inappropriate pressure. Let’s hope she’s fair.

That SB was in the living room with Star while FS was in the bathroom ?
No we’ve already heard that before. I’ve definitely read one version of events where SB was in the living room first (SB herself to Dr Taylor on the day of death) and SB was asked about this by ZA or AM.

Could it possibly be that SB’s defence weren’t expecting Frankie to say that when she got into the living room SB was sat on the sofa with Star?

Reactions: 6
Nothing
to get confused about if she's telling the truth
I think what many people are saying is that it would be easy to get confused if you don’t understand the questions that are being put to you.

Reactions: 16
Surely FS will just be able to say if she doesn’t understand, and have it explained? FS managed to make perfect sense so far.

Reactions: 6
Yes, I recall there were a few used pads in the Asda bag hung on the kitchen door, along with an empty Quavers packet. These pads could have been from earlier in the day. We have no idea whether the pad she had just changed was one of those in the Asda bag or not. Like I said earlier, she could have flushed that particular pad down the loo because she was in a rush to get back to the kids. I know we are advised not to put things like that down the loo, but some people still do, and she might have done it herself on this one occasion due to time.
I was just going to say that the pads in the bag could have been older ones too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.