Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dave’s making live blogs of murder trials sound like a shop assistant suggesting you try a different type of gourmet cheese because your cheese of choice is out of stock.
I tried to follow the other trial and I’ve no idea what they’re talking about. I’m not sure if it’s Brad’s reporting or if it’s just not clear at all 😂

Reactions: 6
Now I’m wishing we had live updates on jury deliberation, like starting points, 7 for, 4 against 😄 and watching it get closer over time.
I need to find something else to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I sometimes think that it's more reasonable and normal and probably indicates more truthful if someone on the stand replies "I don't know" to questions about more generic mundane stuff from 18 months ago.

When people have a specific answer for every little detail then it to me implies they have had to think about it and may not be telling the truth always.

I can't remember stuff my husband said to me about nights out from 18 months ago even when they had some memorable events. No-ones memory is usually that good.

SB had an answer for everything. FS and YS saying not remembering is more realistic to me
I basically typed this out myself and deleted it earlier today!

It is quite genuinely plausible that FS & YS didn’t recall things because they didn’t seem important. Who remembers every detail of every day? Some days I can’t even remember what pants I put on by the time I get to work!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I sometimes think that it's more reasonable and normal and probably indicates more truthful if someone on the stand replies "I don't know" to questions about more generic mundane stuff from 18 months ago.

When people have a specific answer for every little detail then it to me implies they have had to think about it and may not be telling the truth always.

I can't remember stuff my husband said to me about nights out from 18 months ago even when they had some memorable events. No-ones memory is usually that good.

SB had an answer for everything. FS and YS saying not remembering is more realistic to me
I completely agree! If I was pulled in for questioning for something that didn’t happen in the last week there’d be no way I’d remember minor details. That being said, I think I’d probably remember if my daughter called me saying her partner was going to kill her and bury her in the woods.

Reactions: 15
How to the deliberations work, does someone just come out with 'I think SB is guilty' and the rest either argue or agree?

Reactions: 7
Just nipped on to the trusting evil & justice for star group don’t know why I do it to myself?! 🤯🙈
I only lasted an hour on that group. I couldn’t deal with how they are sensationalising children’s horrific deaths, and laughing and joking about it 😵💫

Is MaryKate still bumping her gums there?

Random things keep coming back to me and I’ve just remembered how SB explained some of the searches she made while she was in the car with Star sept 12/13. She was saying Star was throwing herself around, nipping and biting herself, growling etc and in the midst of that just after doing “The Claw” SB thought “ok now’s the time to ask google what’s wrong with my own abdomen”. I think they did a good job cross examining her but I do feel like there were so many other things they could have used and destroyed her so much more

Reactions: 18
I’m going to set an alert on Twitter for if Dave or the T&A tweet in the hope they pop something on when the verdict is in.

Reactions: 12
I have doubts about her innocence, certainly, but I can’t get anything close to beyond reasonable doubt on her guilt.
You’re right. I’ve just been thinking that if I was on the jury, I don’t think the doubts that I have are tantamount to a guilty charge. I’ll probably overthink it until the jury come back.

Reactions: 2
How to the deliberations work, does someone just come out with 'I think SB is guilty' and the rest either argue or agree?
I imagine they’ll vote initially as a starting point, so all declare their verdicts then work from there maybe?

Reactions: 6
I do agree with most readers regarding SB being found guilty, I am unsure of how I think the jury will go with FS. (In my humble opinion the fact she was going to leave her again with SB even after her suspicions was piqued, which in FS case must be a high threshold with her history of neglect and abuse to Star)

I did wonder because of the high profile of the case if she does get out will she have to go in witness protection because of the emotions from citizens regarding the case?
In the case of the Philpotts the abused wife got a shorter sentence but the press still hound her when they find out her locations etc

Reactions: 4
Yep, when I’ve spoken to two friends who’ve also done jury service they both said that they started with a vote and went from there.

Reactions: 11
I completely agree! If I was pulled in for questioning for something that didn’t happen in the last week there’d be no way I’d remember minor details. That being said, I think I’d probably remember if my daughter called me saying her partner was going to kill her and bury her in the woods.
Could YS still have been in the pub, perhaps too loud to hear what FS was saying? Or so drunk she wasn’t really listening? I wonder why they didn’t ask more about it.

Reactions: 7
I imagine they’ll vote initially as a starting point, so all declare their verdicts then work from there maybe?
Ah could be. But if they all vote guilty is that it or do they need to explain their reasoning why?

Long time lurker here but I was just wondering, do they need to reach a verdict on both SB and FS before they can come out and declare their decisions. Or if they immediately all agree SB is guilty for example, will they come out and say that then return to deliberating FS. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure FS said that YS called her while she was in the woods. More could’ve been said on the call and more could’ve followed but FS only really gave brief answers and they didn’t really ask her to elaborate further on that

Could YS still have been in the pub, perhaps too loud to hear what FS was saying? Or so drunk she wasn’t really listening? I wonder why they didn’t ask more about it.
Good point! I had it in my head that they left after going out and banging on the windows of SB’s car, but I might’ve just come up with that myself. It does seem really weird that they didn’t check the call log, because didn’t FS say at a later point that she lied about the whole cliff thing? Or was it just SB who said she lied? Nothing seemed to get clarified with that whole situation.

Random things keep coming back to me and I’ve just remembered how SB explained some of the searches she made while she was in the car with Star sept 12/13. She was saying Star was throwing herself around, nipping and biting herself, growling etc and in the midst of that just after doing “The Claw” SB thought “ok now’s the time to ask google what’s wrong with my own abdomen”. I think they did a good job cross examining her but I do feel like there were so many other things they could have used and destroyed her so much more
Yeah that never made sense to me either. Unless they did cover it a bit more and Dave didn't report in it. Hard to say

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.