Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alphabean124

omg her stans are eating her deodorant now 🤣 I have to admit this gave me a good laugh. View attachment 389684
Idk about you guys but to me this honestly feels like they’re fishing for a response from Sarah.

Pitty Putty Toast
9/4 slice of GF DF invisible bread
1 Tbsp Pitty Putty
1 Tbsp Salt
1 handful buckwheat flower
1 content spoonful tropeka BCAA’s
Garnish with loose thread from your WFxSD set
Walla!

• Haha
Reactions: 89

TeamSwissSezzyLurker

OK Guys... so the AvOlUtElY CaRboNaRa review.....
I would just like to preface I am not here to win any photography awards, I only had my ipad at the time and it's also what I am working with, but I give you Pasta a la Sarah. Honestly, it turned out like slop as expected, and whilst it wasn't as feral tasting as I thought, I was struggling to pin point which planet this recipe was derived from? It didn't really taste like Carbonara aside from the bacon onion combo, and I honestly felt like I committed so many chef crimes in the instructions. I used all the same ingredients except for using ReAl wHeAt PaStA, so it turned out pretty much the same. I'll be honest I didnt spiralise the zucchini though because I am not boujee enough to own one of those contraptions.

All in all, would I make it again? No, I feel like it was a waste of a great avocado and that the effort taken to make this (whilst not hard), could have been put towards making a more realistic or healthier version (with dairy) and just enjoy the meal for what it should be. It didn't taste that foul, but after warming up avocado [which the thought of is quite abhorrent] it did have a unique nice taste but don't expect it to be restaurant quality. So if you enjoy eating slop, I 11/10 recommend you try this wonderful Sunee recipe for yourself :')

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I think even if you were going to answer that by saying no substitutions worked that well (also, her recipe is basically ALREADY a substitution for a normal cheesecake), you could phrase it like "Cheesecake is inherently a pretty rich, dense dessert. There aren't too many ways to make it lower calorie while retaining that delicious creamy texture. If you're trying to reduce your calorie intake, you can always eat a smaller portion - there's no real reason a serving size has to be 1/12 of this cake!" Instead she just....talks about how great she looks.

• Heart
  • Haha

MunchMel

Chatty Member
Wow. I just saw the 'We are live' post on Sunee Instagram - there are only 19 comments. There were hundreds initially. I guess after they deleted the negative ones, only 19 were left. Extraordinary

• Wow
  • Haha

confusedanddazed

Here you go! Let us know how it goes 😅
Yet another made-up measurement in Sunee land: 6 squares of white chocolate. Why not just put the measurement in grams? Each and every chocolate bar is shaped differently - the size and weight of a block of chocolate of one brand is going to be different to another brand, which is going to lead to inconsistent results when making the recipe. You can’t make this shit up!
This project is so half-arsed. It just goes to show that their whole team is completely out of their depth when it comes to recipe creation. Like all the other products she has ever put out, it’s clear that the quality could have been much better had she actually put in some research instead of acting like a know-it-all.

• Haha
  • Heart

jllns90

Sorry for the long post. I analyse human behaviours for a living.

So, I was actually thinking about this last night. I do not think Sarah deletes comments and blocks “haters” for her “mental health” or to prevent herself from going into a “rage filled social media battle” like she stated in her podcast. If that was the truth, then she wouldn’t stalk this site or Reddit. I think she does it to gaslight people.

Think about it. If you see her do something and it makes you uncomfortable. What is one of the first things you are going to do? You are going to go straight to the comments section to see how other people are feeling. If all you see is a bunch of comments saying “oh wow I love this and I love you so much. You are incredible. You are so positive etc.,” and nothing calling out or discussing the behaviours that you found problematic, then you think there is something wrong with your reaction. You start to second guess yourself, you think “maybe I am just overreacting” “maybe its not that bad etc.” So you keep watching her. I believe this is the reason why she shifted from doing lots of Youtube vloging to essentially vlogging her life on insta stories. Comments on insta stories are private. Comments on Youtube are public. Doing insta stories helps her to control the reaction.

It’s like that psychology experiment where they have a number of people in on the experiment and only one true participant. They are in a waiting room and then a sound will go off every now and then and all the people in on the experiment stand up for 10 seconds and sit back down. After a couple of times, the true participant starts joining in and doing this completely pointless activity. Why? Because everyone else is doing it so it must be for a reason. They don’t want to be left out or made fun or be viewed as an outsider. They want to be part of the community. The same thing happens with Sarah’s Day. She creates this almost cult like community. People don’t see bad comments. So they think it is just them that feels that way. When they do see someone say something that calls her out, they see that comment get deleted and that person get blocked. The same thing happens on her fan pages Sarah’s Day Squad etc. It is a very clear message “speak out and you will be exiled.” Once again preying on the innate human need to be accepted and feel like you belong. So those who start to feel uncomfortable are also afraid to speak out because they don’t want to lose the little online community they are a part of. I have witnessed so many people get hurt/outraged and feel isolated when they are blocked not just by Sarah but when they are blocked by the fan pages.

This strategy works so well. It only falls apart when she is inundated with very valid criticism like the BLM controversy or holding onto the bushfire money. There is too many voices and she is literally unable to silence everyone fast enough. As a result, she is forced to address the complaints, but she always does it in the same way. Bring up all of the hate, blame a bank teller or her sheltered upbringing. Cry cry cry and try to gather as much sympathy as she can. This doesn’t work on everyone thankfully and she lost a lot of followers following each of these events but this strategy does work on a lot of people who continue to follow her because they feel sorry for her and believe her crying is a sign of genuine remorse.
Spot on!

We have touched on the topic of her gaslighting her followers on a couple of previous threads but you explained it brilliantly.

This is what got me as well - i wasn't going to go into the topic of how I got on and off sez (just because i've mentioned it a few times in the threads but loved reading all of yours!) but it comes down to gaslighting really.

I found her quite at the beginning, I think she only had like 15 videos on her account and I watched them all. I loved her positive attitude and she seemed like someone who was all about being strong (back then she did more handstands, yoga inversions and things like that), which inspired me. I then followed her religiously, did her stupid workouts, developed an ED, the usual "i follow sezza" starter pack.
I started questioning her when she lost her period but kept working out regularly and completely ignoring it. Her content became really repetitive as well with a lot of contradictions. I kept thinking to myself like "i'm sure you said the opposite last week", trying to read through the comments and not finding anything similar. I was like.. surely I'm not the only one thinking that. But I must have been right? In a way it felt so.. lonely and horrible, like am I the only one seeing something wrong here? And then she did the 5k runs while losing her period and got looaaads of comments on the fact that you really shouldn't do 2 workouts a day when you've lost your period. There was one comment which I interacted with and it had hundreds of likes and replies etc, it was a fairly nice one as well, no hate what so ever. I went back one day to read more replies and it was gone.. completely... and then it hit me :) Ofcourse I am not the only one seeing her questionable behaviours. She is just creating her own narrative, making you think that you're the only one thinking those things. I then found the sarahs day rants page and from there on GG etc.

I can just remember so vividly how I genuinely thought that I was going crazy. And then I found GG etc and it was like that "Spoiler alert" episode from HIMYM when the glass shatters. And it just kept shattering lol. Everything I had thought about her got validation. All of my passing thoughts that I threw in the "maybe it's just me" pile got some type of confirmation. It was a wonderful liberating moment haha.

I think that's one of the reasons why a lot of us cannot just stop following her and might get personal with her etc. Because that kind of gaslighting (raise your hand if you've been personally victimized by sarahs day lol), it felt personal. Especially after putting so much of my attention and energy into her and then being made to feel like this..

Look - this is why I didn't want to get into this topic lol, it always comes out as such a long rant haha. Well, rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Alphabean124

I know this might be a hot take, but I have been feeling kind of shitty that there are people from here that are reviewing the app terribly.

Do I agree with what has been wrote, 1,000,000%. Do I think that we should be sabotaging someones business that has spent SO much money on it (no matter how shitty they are)... I don't know. It hasn't really felt right to me! If someone gets the app and truly doesn't like it by all means yes but it has been making me feel pretty uneasy.

I'm the first person to rant and go off about how dangerous I think Sarah is, but something about the reviews seems to be crossing a line for me and it's making me feel disappointed. Is anyone else feeling like this? If the app sucks, let's hear it from people who actually spent the money and it will be an honest reflection of the app and maybe they will finally see the truth about her. Idk, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Honestly, I really don’t feel bad about this. It probably says something about me, I’m actually rather enjoying it.

She’s ripped off so many brands, copied so many ideas, slammed businesses when it suits her. She’s finally gone and put her name to something, in a space where she can’t censor the responses.

She’s hyped this up for months and months, only to come out with an app that her fans didn’t want and has proceeded to ignore her fans and is still silencing them over genuine concerns like the price point. It’s not as though we are making things up to call her out for, they’re all valid criticisms.

If she had nailed the app, spent years of hard work TRULY making sure that every single element was perfect, I wouldn’t have a critical leg to stand on. The truth is that it’s awful, sloppy, unprofessional, poorly coded, like a rushed assignment you started the night before. And she deserves the raw critique, for once in her life she can’t censor people. And they’re entitled to their say.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Slaykay

Chatty Member
“These are sweet potatoes hash browns, but they have egg so they are like a meal...” what the actual fuck! Sooo problematic.

• Wow
  • Haha

Mind Blank

I don’t understand the purpose of having gluten free and dairy free filter options if all the recipes gluten and dairy free.

• Haha

Poplio

Hello there, I purchased a subscription to the app so if anyone has any questions regarding it, I'd be happy to check things out. I'll be making a recipe tonight and logging the macros to see how "healthy" it is. Some notes I've had:

The hot topics are written to simply and plainly, it's exactly how Sarah writes in her emails she occasionally sends out. It feels a bit awkward to read since it's meant to be educational but it uses very friendly language. Some examples from the Quick Guide to Reading Nutrition Labels are "...we feel you!" and "...than they actually are (cheeky!). It's confusing, but we've got your back!" I would feel far more comfortable if it was written more like an educational article versus with a try-hard friendly tone. The article also switches the perspective it's written in. It initially is written from an outside perspective i.e. "AKA the table on the back or the side of the product" but then switches to first person i.e. "Find me under or next to the NIP." When it first switched I was like, what? The advice is also very generic like "look for products with less than 10g of fat per 100g" but what about things like cooking oils, dressing, spreads, dairy products, and meats which often have inherently higher fat content and aren't necessarily unhealthy. The article refers to calories as "energy" but never equates energy to calories and many people don't know that calories ARE energy so I can imagine someone trying to find the "energy" section on the label. I also take issue with them saying "natural" lollies and chocolates aren't any healthier for you than traditional varieties, which implies all lollies and chocolates are unhealthy. Realistically they're just higher is carbs, fats, and energy which is not unhealthy in moderation. Plus I would argue that a chocolate made of actual cocoa, sugar, and dairy is healthier than something like a Milky Way that has artificial colors, flavors, and usually multiple processed sugars.

As for the recipe, I was reading through it in preparation and it calls for 1tbsp of Olive Oil. In the Method it says to put 1tbsp of olive oil in a pan to cook and then later says "Massage kale with olive oil." So am I using more oil? Do I use the oil leftover from the cooking pan? Was I meant to split the oil? It's just one of those little things that makes you see how unfinished this app is. The same method also says to saute for "2-3 minutes or until as brococolini is tender." So more grammar issues. And that's just one article and one recipe. It feels very much like an app in beta testing and should not have so expensive.

The recipe roulette is disappointing because I realized once you load that page, the recipes never refresh. So if you spin it 5 times, it's still the same recipes going around. You have to exit the page and reenter to reload the roulette wheel with different recipes. You ought to be able to filter the roulette options. Someone who vegetarian may have to spin it a few times or exit and reenter to try and finally get a vegetarian recipe.

• Heart
  • Wow
Ah makes more sense. Sympathy AND to guilt trip Kurt for daring to leave her to parent her own child.. I’ve literally never heard anyone else refer to every day parenting as “tag teaming” maybe when you’re out and you want to make sure someone is watching them while you switch off or go to the toilet but this is just weird

Reactions: 83

ohanaa

The healthcode podcast on “rising above the online hate” just made me feel sad for Sarah and Kurt.
She seems to feel that her platform is HERS and likens it to “other people being invited round her house”. Youtube, Instagram, Spotify etc are not platforms that belong to her - she chooses to put herself out in the public eye for a reason = it is a business that generates a certain income. She has sacrificed her privacy in exchange for money. Therefore, I feel that people can voice their opinion about her content or send her a DM to ask questions. She focuses this podcast on “hate” and just being “mean”, but fails to address those who attempted to educate her on cultural appropriation (and whom she blocked btw); those telling her to ‘read the room’ during a global pandemic when she was shilling her WFA line (blocked as well), and those who simply ask her why she’s blocking people.
Another telling thing is how she said that in real life she would tell friends who know about the online hate to “not tell me because I literally don’t care. Like I don’t wanna know. I like to live in a happy bubble with people who support me. And I like making happy content. And I love my real subscribers and my real squad.” 🙃 How this girl has amassed a million followers by not growing mentally or acknowledging personal downfalls in business and in her personal life actually ASTOUNDS me.

Sarah’s life and personality is a great example of everything wrong with influencer culture these days: full of airheads with big followings (and big potential), but unfortunately never really adding anything beneficial to society.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82

Dougjudy

Hey Sarah? SARAH! You created this app for 👏 consumers 👏 not 👏 just 👏 yourself 👏

Fuck me. So many people out there want to track their calories and macros for reasons beyond being a skinny bitch. Surely her 💫dietician💫 could easily have measured them and included them on a seperate tab.

• Heart

Furggle

Chatty Member
I know this might be a hot take, but I have been feeling kind of shitty that there are people from here that are reviewing the app terribly.

Do I agree with what has been wrote, 1,000,000%. Do I think that we should be sabotaging someones business that has spent SO much money on it (no matter how shitty they are)... I don't know. It hasn't really felt right to me! If someone gets the app and truly doesn't like it by all means yes but it has been making me feel pretty uneasy.

I'm the first person to rant and go off about how dangerous I think Sarah is, but something about the reviews seems to be crossing a line for me and it's making me feel disappointed. Is anyone else feeling like this? If the app sucks, let's hear it from people who actually spent the money and it will be an honest reflection of the app and maybe they will finally see the truth about her. Idk, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
I actually downloaded the app and then wrote my review. Everything I said was based on what I could see in the app. Just because I didn't make an in-app purchase doesn't mean I can't honestly review the app. 🙂