Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And he has now taken Isla swimming while she stays at home! He's been away for 6 months and doesn't even get a lie in on his first morning home! I'm surprised she didn't make him take Lachlan with him too!

Reactions: 5
And he has now taken Isla swimming while she stays at home! He's been away for 6 months and doesn't even get a lie in on his first morning home! I'm surprised she didn't make him take Lachlan with him too!

How strange you must be! If you’d only seen your child for one week in 6 months wouldn’t you want to spend time with them rather than lie in Bed!

Reactions: 2
How strange you must be! If you’d only seen your child for one week in 6 months wouldn’t you want to spend time with them rather than lie in Bed!
I agree with this. Let's be fair, while I don't doubt Rob has worked VERY hard in this 6 months and we should be grateful for the Forces... He's also had a lot more rest than most parents get in 6 months. They have downtime on the ship too.
If I'd been away from my kids I'd want to take them swimming and to parties. He's missed out on a big chunk of their lives, their development. Imagine the pride of seeing how much her swimming has come on etc.

But I think Sarah will use this to her advantage too over the next few weeks and months.

Reactions: 8
My one year old calls me mama. I cringe when the 3 year old copies.
I know this isn’t the case for Sarah but my 2 and 3 year old still call me mama because that’s how we say it in our first language we speak at home. My son is starting school in September and I’m fully prepared for the day he wonders why he calls me mama. It’s his choice and if he doesn’t feel comfortable calling me mama in front of all his friends then that’s completely fine with me. Ive called my mum mama my whole life. Please consider this in future when you hear an older child say mama, it’s not always about the child being babied. I know this isn’t the case for Sarah though.

Reactions: 1
I know this isn’t the case for Sarah but my 2 and 3 year old still call me mama because that’s how we say it in our first language we speak at home. My son is starting school in September and I’m fully prepared for the day he wonders why he calls me mama. It’s his choice and if he doesn’t feel comfortable calling me mama in front of all his friends then that’s completely fine with me. Ive called my mum mama my whole life. Please consider this in future when you hear an older child say mama, it’s not always about the child being babied. I know this isn’t the case for Sarah though.
No need to consider it. I was basing my opinion on Sarah not others :). Quite understand everyone has different ways to say things.

Why couldn't he have spent the morning home with Lachlan which would have been the easier option than sending him swimming with Isla.
We all know she's gonna make him work for the 6 months he missed!

Why couldn't he have spent the morning home with Lachlan which would have been the easier option than sending him swimming with Isla.

You said lie in- great parenting that would be lay in bed while the toddler runs around

Reactions: 1
Something really wrong with this woman.

Why does she feel the need to film and share such private, intimate family moments.

She’s got an Instagram video of her husband reading a bedtime story to thier daughter. No one needs to see that, it’s a private personal moment between the two of them.

It’s so weird the way she uploads everything. There’s just no need!!!!!!! Particularly as this isn’t even her job, there’s no need to be uploading such personal stuff.

I wonder what her husband makes of it all?! The poor guy has just got home after being away for months and she’s there with her phone in his face filming his every move to share with random people online...! So out of order!
I 100% agree with this. How nice would it have been for her take a few days, a week even off social media so that they could enjoy some family time together.

I'm not being funny but who was working harder over the last 6 months?

Robert - working abroad, lots of male company/lad banter, down time on/off ship
Sarah - full time mother, full time employee, full/part-time YT, lack of family support in immediate area, organising household bills/maintenance/cleaning/food shopping/kids activities/laundry/school run/nursery run

Stop with your internalised misogyny. She deserves a well-earned rest too regardless of the several nights out that you all seem to resent so much ?‍♀

Reactions: 15

Sarah - full time mother, full time employee, full/part-time YT, lack of family support in immediate area, organising household bills/maintenance/cleaning/food shopping/kids activities/laundry/school run/nursery run

Stop with your internalised misogyny. She deserves a well-earned rest too regardless of the several nights out that you all seem to resent so much ?‍♀
This...
I'm quite shocked at the 1950s views that are spouted on this forum!!!

Reactions: 3

She doesn’t have to do you tube. She’s not reliant on it for money, it’s a hobby. She seems to put far too much of her time into it imho but it’s still an additional thing she chooses to do.

She is out a lot. I don’t care if she’s a woman or a man, her nights out and trips away at weekends seems excessive??‍♀ Particularly travelling to see her parents in law and then dumping the kids with them for 2 nights while she went off to a hotel with “you tube” friends to do nothing but get drunk eat room service.

If she wants a rest she should just put her bloody phone away. She’s creating work/stress for herself. ??‍♀

Reactions: 5
Rob has been away for 6 months working! Yes of course he has downtime but he’s in the Navy and working, he’s not been on a round the world cruise ?
To my knowledge no one here has said she can’t go on a night out or have a rest?
She chooses to do YouTube as a hobby and sits up every night until early hours of the morning editing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So the pictures were completely staged then ??
Well, she’s obviously set the camera up to take the photos on the wall and the ones of her jumping into his arms - I would say he’s arrived home, they have already had a hug etc and then they spent time setting up the photos.... I find it all really really weird.

Who does that?! You haven’t seen your partner (your kids haven’t seen their father) in months (aside from the holiday in Dubai...) and instead of genuinely enjoying the moment it becomes fodder for her Instagram page....
And now she’s uploaded a bloody video detailing his homecoming, a mere few days after he’s arrived home. Pack it in love!
Why does she think that anyone needs to see such personal family stuff?!
She’s obviously just had her phone/camera out the whole time since he arrived back. It’s so so so weird!
It’s kind of like she feels like she has to document everything in her life - from the completely mundane to the deeply personal. I don’t understand it at all but I think it’s really unhealthy and like she’s living her life through this fake Instagram bubble.
I think the woman needs to take a long break from social media to realise it not normal or healthy the way she’s carrying on.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.