Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she babies them both. But my son is 2, still in nappies, sleeps in his cot, has a sleep time bottle and has a dummy if he isnt feeling well/sleepy or manages to steal one! However I let him walk unless there is specific reason I.e he is over tired and needs a nap, or at somewhere very busy and he could get lost (he occasionally tries to run off) so I do think it's how you actually treat them, and how much independence you give them. My son can go and get his own snacks, and does a whole host of other things for himself. I treat him as himself not by anyone else's standards.

I don't get why Lachlan is still in nappies, has a bottle, dummy, still in a cot with a sleeping sack. He's 2! I could under stand maybe if he had a dummy and slept in cot but all of them make him seem like he is still 6 months. He needs a quilt and a pillow.

She also said he only has a bottle out night but she pulled the bottle from his nursery bag the other day.

Is it also normal to bath your kids every night?
All those things are perfectly normal for a 2 year old! And yes it is normal to bath your children every night!

Reactions: 4
Yes I know they are normal for a 2 year old but he doesn't seem to be transitioning any of them! Will they all be normal when he's 3? She's not even trying to remove the dummy or the bottle, letting him out the pushchair. Maybe take him out on some reigns?

All I'm saying is that he is still very babyfied! They both are, or is it normal for a 4 yr old to wear a bib at breakfast too?

Reactions: 1
The only thing that surprises me is that he is still in a cot as she put up a story where she opened his bedroom door and he had climbed out of the cot up onto his changing table and said it wasn’t the first time he’d done it. If he can climb like that either take the cot side off or move the changing table just for safety.
(I say that as with baby number one still in his cot at 18 months, heard crying then it stopped so I thought he had gone back to sleep....then a big bump and screaming. He’d been busy climbing out ?, cot side was off from then!)

Reactions: 3
The only thing that surprises me is that he is still in a cot as she put up a story where she opened his bedroom door and he had climbed out of the cot up onto his changing table and said it wasn’t the first time he’d done it. If he can climb like that either take the cot side off or move the changing table just for safety.
(I say that as with baby number one still in his cot at 18 months, heard crying then it stopped so I thought he had gone back to sleep....then a big bump and screaming. He’d been busy climbing out ?, cot side was off from then!)
Maybe she thinks the sleeping bag stops him climbing?

Yes I know they are normal for a 2 year old but he doesn't seem to be transitioning any of them! Will they all be normal when he's 3? She's not even trying to remove the dummy or the bottle, letting him out the pushchair. Maybe take him out on some reigns?

All I'm saying is that he is still very babyfied! They both are, or is it normal for a 4 yr old to wear a bib at breakfast too?

To be fair if she is in school uniform I would put a tea towel round or something in case she spills anything. I'm a clumsy adult so maybe that's just me! ?

To be fair if she is in school uniform I would put a tea towel round or something in case she spills anything. I'm a clumsy adult so maybe that's just me! ?
Exactly a tea towel I can understand but a bib is just stupid. I know they're practically the same thing but in my head bibs are for babies, napkins/tea towels are for older children ect... I'm probably just digging myself into a deeper hole here ?

Reactions: 2
I have loads of muslin cloths left over from babyhood, they make fab bibs... for kids and adults ?? never have to worry about curry stains haha

• Heart
Hahah I might try a bib on my 4 year old tomorrow. She would find it hilarious that she was a baby again. She wouldn’t be happy if it became a regular thing.

Reactions: 2

I think that stupid plastic bib at breakfast was because she had her school uniform on and to hid the badge. She obv couldn’t be arsed to blur in editing. Bit ridiculous if she wears that every morning!!

I still gave milk to mine at similar age but not in a bottle, I managed to get a sippy cup they would take which was expensive as had to try every cup going with my oldest as diagnosed later ASD. Eventually they stopped drinking much so that was the end of the milk before bed.

Personally I don’t like seeing kids that are walking and talking wondering about with dummy’s stuck in their gob at that age, and mine only had them for naps. I did cold turkey with the dummy’s with mine at age 2, within 3-4 nights it was forgotten about, maybe she’s waiting till the hubby gets back to tackle it.

Tbh I stopped watching her as she speaks 100 miles an hour!!

Last edited:
Exactly a tea towel I can understand but a bib is just stupid. I know they're practically the same thing but in my head bibs are for babies, napkins/tea towels are for older children ect... I'm probably just digging myself into a deeper hole here ?
My mum put a bib on me until I was about 6 because I spilt everything ?? I had younger siblings so plenty to go around ??‍♀ Luckily I turned out just fine. I can remember it so vividly, one of those special plastic ones that catch the food haha

• Haha
Really surprised that she’s not at the “blogger retreat” this weekend. No babysitter maybe?

It’s just the channel mum lot from what I can see and she isn’t one of them, maybe that’s why?

I'm surprised she hasn't signed Lachlan up for Ballet. He seems to sneak into Isla's class each week and it'll give him something to do.

Reckon Hannah M will be working more closely with Channel Mum this year. She's been to a couple of their sponsored vlogger events...

Bet Mrs Hinch will be too. Channel Mum promoted her on Insta stories quite a bit last year and now she's pregnant, I expect she'll be a CM sponsored vlogger pretty soon.

I cannot stand channel mum vloggers, theres certain ones in-particular who are sponsored but don't seem to do f**k all for them? Strange

Hannah and Mrs Hinch are with Gleam so I don’t think either of them will “work” with CM.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.