Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I agree she does go out a lot but I'm only jealous because I am basically a hermit now I've had children!

She works full time, has two young children and her husband is away on deployment so she definitely is entitled to a night out or whatever. I’m not saying when she’s not at work she should spend every minute with her children but she is literally out every weekend! I’ve followed Sarah for about a year and I would say in the past 6 months she has been on more nights out than I have in the past 5 years ?

Reactions: 3
I like Sarah and I think she works really hard at work and looking after the kids on her own. My dd is the same age as Lachlan and she's asked for a lollipop! and doesn't really understand Christmas (compared to my older dd). I also spend every Xmas with my family, didn't she just visit Rob's family? I don't think it's wrong that she wants to move back. I struggled living away from my family so understand that there is nothing like the support of your own family.
Then surely Santa would get her a lollipop? Isla asked for a blue racecar that's random but that what she's got.

I just can’t warm to her she comes across as so fake. Everything she seems to do is for ‘the gram’. She also never puts those kids first. To me she’s the ultimate parent who hasn’t wanted to change her lifestyle when having kids, everything has to fit around her. Ridiculously late flights/drives back and then the kids are in breakfast club the next day.

Reactions: 2
Why did someone have to drive her to the air port (I can't believe a friend drove them!) Why couldn't she drive or take a train?

Why did someone have to drive her to the air port (I can't believe a friend drove them!) Why couldn't she drive or take a train?
She will have done her Sarah style tantrum probably cried and made the neighbour feel bad. How else would a neighbour know your taxi hadn’t arrived? She’s such a brat honestly, who else would go and knock to disturb a neighbours Christmas?

Why do they always travel so late? 10pm getting in to Aberdeen. Kids and her off school and work since Friday and once more she drags them out far too late. She’s know when Christmas is since last year so not unexpected.

Reactions: 4
Why do they always travel so late? 10pm getting in to Aberdeen. Kids and her off school and work since Friday and once more she drags them out far too late. She’s know when Christmas is since last year so not unexpected.
I thought the exact same when she put up the video of L whining on the areoplane. I'm assuming there is more than one flight a day to Scotland?

Reactions: 1
I don't get why she didn't go after school on Friday.
Because she wanted to go out again last night OF course!!! So incredibly selfish! Anyone notice that she said she went out with work yet she also said that last weekend? Also Jess was there so didn’t look like a works night to me.

Reactions: 6
Depends, my son is nearly 2 (in Jan) and he doesnt really speak so he couldn't ask for anything from Santa. Lachlan doesn't seem to be that chatty either.
My younger daughter will also be 2 in January. I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she just meowed at me. 2 year olds aren't always the most forthcoming! ?

She’s so predictable. Yet again she’s there moaning about the kids behaviour when they are travelling so late! Sure her flight back will be the same and they will be in school/nursery the next day. Selfish twit. Grow up. Then she talks about wanting a third child??

I’ve found these pages really interesting to read. I got into watching YouTube about 18 months ago when I was pregnant with my second baby. I loved Mrs Meldrum at the time, but soon became less of a fan the more unrelatable she became. Huge house now, multiple luxurious holidays a year, a stay at home hubby, lots of money it would seem. Always making out how hard it is and how hard she works and I can understand some of the stick she gets - especially from us who do actually work hard and live in the real world. I have to say, I find it quite hard to read the stick sarah has received on these previous pages. She works - two jobs, if you consider YouTube and one pretty much full time. I’m also a miltary wife. I knew what I was ‘getting into’ when I married my husband (how can you help who you fall in love with?) and I moved miles away from my family to support him. It’s bloody hard going. Especially with young children. Really bloody hard actually and extremely lonely. I feel very vulnerable when he is away. I think Sarah has been incredible with how she has coped through this deployment with many things - particularly with hospital stays etc. So what her mum has flown down once or twice?! I would expect my mum would want to do the same to help. The loneliness is so hard and I’m not surprised she is doing as much as she can to stay busy and keep the kids busy. Good on her for trying to be sociable and have a bit of a life too!!! Just my opinion, but I think she deserves a bit of credit and to be set aside from other vloggers in huge houses, with hubby’s on hand to do everything!

Reactions: 8
I’ve found these pages really interesting to read. I got into watching YouTube about 18 months ago when I was pregnant with my second baby. I loved Mrs Meldrum at the time, but soon became less of a fan the more unrelatable she became. Huge house now, multiple luxurious holidays a year, a stay at home hubby, lots of money it would seem. Always making out how hard it is and how hard she works and I can understand some of the stick she gets - especially from us who do actually work hard and live in the real world. I have to say, I find it quite hard to read the stick sarah has received on these previous pages. She works - two jobs, if you consider YouTube and one pretty much full time. I’m also a miltary wife. I knew what I was ‘getting into’ when I married my husband (how can you help who you fall in love with?) and I moved miles away from my family to support him. It’s bloody hard going. Especially with young children. Really bloody hard actually and extremely lonely. I feel very vulnerable when he is away. I think Sarah has been incredible with how she has coped through this deployment with many things - particularly with hospital stays etc. So what her mum has flown down once or twice?! I would expect my mum would want to do the same to help. The loneliness is so hard and I’m not surprised she is doing as much as she can to stay busy and keep the kids busy. Good on her for trying to be sociable and have a bit of a life too!!! Just my opinion, but I think she deserves a bit of credit and to be set aside from other vloggers in huge houses, with hubby’s on hand to do everything!
Other mums have to cope when their other halves work away, not just military wives. I had no help when my kids were young, as a parent you have to make sacrifices, including a full social life! And no-one’s forcing her to work two jobs!
But what really sickened me with her was her taking money from a military charity to promote it! Disgusting! ?

Another post this morning about Rob being deployed over Christmas. Am I not wrong in saying that he chooses this job? Like nurses doctors etc who know the job comes with shift work and Christmas duty he KNEW when he took the post what it would entail?! He could take a lower paid job at home and be there all the time if they wanted!

Jesus Christ she mills the deployment angle to within an inch of its life!!!

I say that as a former army wife myself! She really grates on me, it’s her voice I think

They have three jobs between them, all VERY well paid. Neither are prepared to make any sort of career sacrifice for their children. It’s pure greed.

I agree you can’t help who you fall in love with and it must be hard being w military wife. BUT for someone who is solo parenting, my god, does she get a lot of ‘me time’. She seems to put her ‘friendships’ with other Insta mums before her own kids. Why would she leave her daughters birthday party early to go out.

Also, all this bull about working hard, again that’s her choice. She doesn’t have to do so much YouTube. She could spend that extra time with her kids rather than constantly filming every aspect of their lives even when they are in bloody hospital!!

Already dumped the kids off on her Mum so she can go shopping ?.

I fully support single parents ect but let's face it she isn't a single parent, she hardly has them children. They're at school/nursery all week where Isla has 2 meals and Lachlan has 3! All she really does is bath them and put them to bed. At the weekends they're palmed off on whoever she has to take them.

If she was making their breakfast/dinner, having Lachlan on a Thursday on her day off and spending all weekend with them I'd have more sympathy for her but she does as little as possible with them children.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.