Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems more like her eating disorder is coming back. She hasn’t storied about any food in ages. We used to have to endure a daily lunch boomerang at least
I agree. She has a very unhealthy relationship with food. It can't be good for the kids to see her just having snacks for dinner.

Reactions: 5
What’s the chances she’s pregnant? She’s just announced she has no appetite at the minute!
I thought this too! There’s always baby announcements on a navy estate about 3 months after a fella gets back from deployment. ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The irony of an international women’s day post that is about going back to Dubai.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So yesterday she said she's lost her makeup bag and can now use the #gifted bobbibrown one? Now she's gone and bought one from home bargains, where's the logic in that?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So yesterday she said she's lost her makeup bag and can now use the #gifted bobbibrown one? Now she's gone and bought one from home bargains, where's the logic in that?
Because she would have to put ad every time she showed the Bobbi Brown one maybe? ?

Reactions: 1
It will be interesting to see if she introduces all these classes for Lachlan. Isla does swimming, football and ballet.. there's no reason she should have Lachlan at least in swimming lessons by now. Poor boy is just a spare wheel in that family most the time.

Reactions: 2
I actually don’t doubt she loves and tries with both her kids but I do think her OCD tendencies and disorders reflect on her parenting massively.

There is a need to control everything, what they wear, the structure of their day, how they play and mostly what and how they eat.

I used to just think she overfed her kids a lot, they would go out for a Sunday lunch say or a cooked breakfast and then 5 minutes later it would be dinner or a huge snack which she seems to have to compulsively show to her viewers.

But the more I have watched the more I have noticed the segregated plates so no food is touching, the way things are placed so that is all symmetrical, the need to routine the meals and snacks so that no more that a few hours have passed before there is more food set up and offered. I think that it’s possibly a reflection of her recovery and how she dealt with starting to eat again but to a child particularly Isla’s age it’s playing with fire and setting her up with a very unhealthy relationship with food!

Out of all the Instamums I watch she is the one that I think has the most obvious issues and I do honesty worry for all of their futures as I don’t think it would take much to crack her at all and having another baby IMO is the worst thing she could do to herself or existing children.

She’s a Psychiatrist’s dream case study

Reactions: 8
I actually don’t doubt she loves and tries with both her kids but I do think her OCD tendencies and disorders reflect on her parenting massively.

There is a need to control everything, what they wear, the structure of their day, how they play and mostly what and how they eat.

I used to just think she overfed her kids a lot, they would go out for a Sunday lunch say or a cooked breakfast and then 5 minutes later it would be dinner or a huge snack which she seems to have to compulsively show to her viewers.

But the more I have watched the more I have noticed the segregated plates so no food is touching, the way things are placed so that is all symmetrical, the need to routine the meals and snacks so that no more that a few hours have passed before there is more food set up and offered. I think that it’s possibly a reflection of her recovery and how she dealt with starting to eat again but to a child particularly Isla’s age it’s playing with fire and setting her up with a very unhealthy relationship with food!

Out of all the Instamums I watch she is the one that I think has the most obvious issues and I do honesty worry for all of their futures as I don’t think it would take much to crack her at all and having another baby IMO is the worst thing she could do to herself or existing children.

I'm guessing this could explain why she leaves Lachlan in nursery all week and picks Isla up Thursday early and goes to Costa. It's the same every week so it's her routine that she can't break?

Children do need to eat regularly and some children do like to graze through the day. I use segregated plates and my children have pretty strict meal times and a routine as that really is what's best for young children. I have no issues with food btw. I just don't see this as a major problem!

She seems to never really cook for the kids. I get that they eat at school and nursery but at the weekends they always eat out or just have pasta, jacket potatoes or “shove it in the oven” kinda things. We never really see her cook a proper meal unless it’s a #gifted #ad for Gousto or HelloFresh.

I agree her relationship with food and her apparent need for control does seem to tip over into her parenting sometimes which is such a shame because it’s clear she really loves her children and tries her best. The food she cooks them just seems so bland and uninteresting, in little tiny ikea bowls... she never sits and eats with them from what I see, it just seems like food is a big inconvenience for her and nothing about it is pleasurable. I’m not a psychiatrist so maybe that stems from a past eating disorder but I agree that of all the mums I follow she seems to be the most vulnerable in terms of mental health. Interestingly, she is the one also plastering on manic smiles and packing a million things into her day. Compared with Reb for example who can’t wait to tell all about her supposed mental health issues. I would say of the two of them Sarah is by far the more vulnerable.

Sorry to hear that Sarah is bored of “negativity” but I rather think that the real reason there hasn’t been much face on chat recently is because someone was waiting for their fillers to settle ?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's honestly sad that she has to instastory playing hide and seek with her children! Its like she has to prove to us she spends time with them and does stuff with them!

Also feel sorry for the kids as isla has before and after school club... ballet and football on saturday and swimming on sunday... she never gets a full day of just being with her family or doing what she wants. Again just seems like sarah cant be with her children for too long.

Reactions: 4
She's getting Isla's ears checked in her stories, I do wonder if there is something wrong with her hearing or if she has adanoids that need removing as she always sounds so naseily.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.