Sarah - This mama life #3 save Lachlan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, I haven't wanted to talk about this but I'm going to.

PTSD. PTSD? Diagnosed by a psychiatrist I suppose, after extensive treatment?

My last baby had SEVERE CMPA (he needs an epipen at all times) and terrible reflux. Guess what happened at the same time he was diagnosed? I found out I had cancer. He was an IVF baby after many, many years of severe fertility problems and miscarriages. I'm unable to have any more children. My husband had to work away to keep us afloat.

Did I get PTSD? NO! I ADORE my children and we live on a very tight income because I refuse to put my precious last baby into any childcare until he starts school. They are my life - moreso as I thought very realistically about what would happen to them when I was dead.

Sarah is a disgrace - if she has mental health problems (which she clearly does) they are nothing to do with her children, and if she can't cope she shouldn't have had kids! Sort your head out before you bring little people into the world who are relying on you 24/7.

I love the saying "give your children a childhood they won't have to recover from". Seems like Sarah missed that memo.
bleeping PTSD. What a silly, selfish, stuck up witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thats like giving yourself a high 5 😂

Why has she only started a toilet chart for L today?

She’s only done it to make it look as if she actually gives a tit about potty training him 🙄 she’s not fooling anyone, she’s not taken an interest thus far in helping him!

Reactions: 3

My last baby had SEVERE CMPA (he needs an epipen at all times) and terrible reflux. Guess what happened at the same time he was diagnosed? I found out I had cancer. He was an IVF baby after many, many years of severe fertility problems and miscarriages. I'm unable to have any more children. My husband had to work away to keep us afloat.

Did I get PTSD? NO! I ADORE my children and we live on a very tight income because I refuse to put my precious last baby into any childcare until he starts school. They are my life - moreso as I thought very realistically about what would happen to them when I was dead.

Sarah is a disgrace - if she has mental health problems (which she clearly does) they are nothing to do with her children, and if she can't cope she shouldn't have had kids! Sort your head out before you bring little people into the world who are relying on you 24/7.

I love the saying "give your children a childhood they won't have to recover from". Seems like Sarah missed that memo.
You are a true inspiration! 👏👏

Sarah should be ashamed of herself especially when theyre are women out there like you!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Sarah should be ashamed of herself especially when theyre are women out there like you!
I don't think I am at all, but thank you. I am ex military (so is husband) and I don't know if that's affected my mindset but I HATE people who make excuses. There is always something to be grateful for, always a reason to smile. It's whether you choose to see things that way or not. I'm back in hospital for more treatment (not cancer thankfully) and I'm STILL more positive than she is!

Sarah has good health, no fertility issues, a decent income, a subsidised and nice home, cars, family, healthy children.... a LOT of people don't have half of those things.

She makes me feel ill with her privilege and woe is me attitude!

Reactions: 8
While at Isla’s friend’s party, she just has to get in that Lachlan has friends here too!! Trying to kid herself that yet another weekend isn’t dedicated to her fave child. And the potty training chart is obvs for the tattler’s benefits. She obviously agrees with what we say. I bet we don’t see anymore photos of bags of Lachlan’s soiled clothes..... coz she read here and realised what an utter disgrace of a Mother she is posting that.

Reactions: 2

Can you imagine how horrific itll be for L when he reads this in the future.
Reading this really upsets me. That poor, poor boy. The way she's written it. Feeling sorry for HERSELF, instead of her poor baby. I've been there, crying because he had silent reflux and wouldn't settle. I didn't think for one second he didn't love me. He wouldn't settle for me. Sometimes, yes others would settle him and I couldn't. Because funnily enough, I was probably stressed that he was crying so much. Others, were not living it day in day out and weren't. He didn't not love me. He was suffering. I cried because I couldn't help me. Not over myself. Her outlook has not been right for the start. Isla was obviously an "easy" baby because she didn't have that so she loves her more... has more of a bond. She doesn't "slap" her. I mean come on, they're kids. It's normal. But to not try and have a bond because he's more "difficult" than Isla is DISGUSTING. She has no one on one time with him and has let these early days and obviously her mental heath affect this going forwards.... it's clear to see she's struggled with mental health, as have i, but she doesn't seem to be trying to make herself better. And have a different outlook on it all. She just shoves him away so she doesn't have to deal with him and BE A PARENT to him. It's really really sad.
She needs to get help and spend more one on one time with him and realise how wonderful and amazing he is. He will be "hard work", kids are. He will have tantrums. He may hit out. But she needs to parent him to not do that or it'll only get worse.
It's very upsetting to see. That poor boy has no one.

Reactions: 5

I think that’s a bit harsh.

Not everyone can fix their mental health problems before bringing kids Into the world. Many many people’s mental health problems are actually caused by having children.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. People are allowed to struggle even though someone has a worse time than them. I know I have a privileged life compared to some but it doesn’t mean I don’t struggle.

I have extreme anxiety with my second child and it was so awful. Even though there was sooo much to be thankful for it was hard.

Do I think Sarah is great? No! And I feel so so sorry for L. But I understand her struggle but I don’t understand why she doesn’t try to fix the bond now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely agree. Struggling isn't the issue. I had huge sympathy for her situation - away from family, husband away for months on end, two children, one with reflux is bloody hard but her obsession with her phone and filming and doing everything possible to avoid dealing with her issues of bonding with Lachlan is the issue here. She accepts a lot of help from her family, Rob's family and her friends but I see very little gratitude. Full of self pity for herself when she has so much to be thankful for.

Reactions: 7
I can't stand Sarah but calling into question her mental health just because she's not had as hard a time as someone else is ridiculous and continues the mental health stereotypes and stigma that cause people to stay quiet in the first place!

How do you know that L's silent reflux wasn't triggering to her? That something else was also going on that she didn't share? That it brought something up that hadn't been treated before? It's not a competition to see who deserves to have a PTSD diagnosis. If she says she has PTSD then as far as I'm concerned she has PTSD.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sarah clearly has issues, looking at her past and she herself admits she has control issues. However, with regard to L she needs to sort it out, it is not fair, that little boy seems to have zero relationship with her and she just seems really uncomfortable being around him, tbh she doesn’t seem a natural mother at all and thats ok, not everyone is, but I do wish she would try and get some help. Either that or she is just very selfish and everything has to be her way or the highway. Sadly, I’m thinking it’s the latter.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
A GP can't diagnose PTSD and she says in her own blog post that the GP said they "thought" that might be the problem.

I also think I'd be more inclined to believe her if she hadn't just clearly lied about her "miscarriages".

I know people have lots of different struggles but I think Sarah's main one is being a pathological liar - all for content for the 'gram.

Reactions: 9

100% . So many of these deluded instagramers have no bleeping clue what real life challenges are

A GP can't diagnose PTSD and she says in her own blog post that the GP said they "thought" that might be the problem.

I also think I'd be more inclined to believe her if she hadn't just clearly lied about her "miscarriages".

I know people have lots of different struggles but I think Sarah's main one is being a pathological liar - all for content for the 'gram.
Or has to much bleeping time on her hand on her “day off” to google symptoms, Self diagnosis abs write a blog post. Ffs.
I know everyone handles things differently but I think what she is describing is pNd .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Some things should be kept private. L isnt going to appriciate a whole video dedicsted to his first week of potty training when hes a teenager.
Also noticed the subtle dig that Isla was easier to potty train 🙄

Some things should be kept private. L isnt going to appriciate a whole video dedicsted to his first week of potty training when hes a teenager.
Also noticed the subtle dig that Isla was easier to potty train 🙄
Ffs Isla was easier to potty train because she has a relationship with her! She probably dedicated time to do it instead of letting nursery take the lead 🙄

Reactions: 1
I feel so bad for him. She obviously has some serious issues in bonding with him.

He's at such an important developmental stage, especially when it comes to learning how to interact with others.

Not only does have have no real stability or bond with his Dad as he's away so often, but his mum seems to almost avoid him. He doesnt have any strong connection to anyone and that is just awful.

He will start to realise that he is treated very differently to his sister. And start to realise that most other children have a strong bond with at least one of their parents. Someone to comfort them and be their reliable safe place - not nursery staff.

Exactly this! This is such an important point to raise! When you are a military spouse, it’s your job as a parent to provide CONSTANT love and security to your children, as everything else about their world is often unstable - ie one parent often away, long periods of separation, living far away from grandparents/aunts/uncles etc, frequent house moves (not the case with Sarah I know, but the point still stands). Your role as a parent is even more important than usual because YOU are your child’s feeling of safety and security.
How she can be so emotionally neglectful of L I really don’t know. She is so selfish it hurts to watch.
It’s such a sad thing to say, but nursery is probably Ls safe place. The staff will be far more of a constant in his life than his own parents are.

Reactions: 4
On a different note... Sarah, please stop sharing pictures of your food. It looks tit and puts me off my own dinner. Ta.

• Haha
I don't think I am at all, but thank you. I am ex military (so is husband) and I don't know if that's affected my mindset but I HATE people who make excuses. There is always something to be grateful for, always a reason to smile. It's whether you choose to see things that way or not. I'm back in hospital for more treatment (not cancer thankfully) and I'm STILL more positive than she is!

Sarah has good health, no fertility issues, a decent income, a subsidised and nice home, cars, family, healthy children.... a LOT of people don't have half of those things.

She makes me feel ill with her privilege and woe is me attitude!
Wow, I agree you are an inspiration.
Everything you have said is spot on. She does have so much to be thankful for two healthy kids, good job, no money problems, a lovely family, and she is in good health physically.

Wow, I agree you are an inspiration.
Everything you have said is spot on. She does have so much to be thankful for two healthy kids, good job, no money problems, a lovely family, and she is in good health physically.
To be honest, I don’t know if I believe anything she now says after lying about having miscarriages. Everything seems to be for attention and the gram. The main issue I have with her is how she treats Lachlan. It is neglectful and so damaging to him to be constantly pushed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I can't stand Sarah but calling into question her mental health just because she's not had as hard a time as someone else is ridiculous and continues the mental health stereotypes and stigma that cause people to stay quiet in the first place!

How do you know that L's silent reflux wasn't triggering to her? That something else was also going on that she didn't share? That it brought something up that hadn't been treated before? It's not a competition to see who deserves to have a PTSD diagnosis. If she says she has PTSD then as far as I'm concerned she has PTSD.

. SM-G973F .
I have mental health issues so I would never diss anyone elses.
I have a hard time getting my head around Sarahs. Im in no way saying she hasnt got issues, we know she suffered years from an eating disorder.
I think L is a different story though. If she suffered these two miscarriges before she had him wouldnt she cherish him and love him unconditionally? Yes he had silent reflux and I can only imagine how bad that could of been but it wasnt his fault and he was suffering just as much, if not more than Sarah. Surely another thing to make her love him more now hes over it all?
She said she has PTSD but where is the evidence of the help shes receiving for it? Surely you would take any help you could get to improve that bond with your baby?

I do beleive Sarah has mental health issues, but do I think its PTSD? No I dont, if anything its PND. She needs help, alot of help and she needs to start putting that gorgeous little boy as a priority before her bloody nails!

I have mental health issues so I would never diss anyone elses.
I have a hard time getting my head around Sarahs. Im in no way saying she hasnt got issues, we know she suffered years from an eating disorder.
I think L is a different story though. If she suffered these two miscarriges before she had him wouldnt she cherish him and love him unconditionally? Yes he had silent reflux and I can only imagine how bad that could of been but it wasnt his fault and he was suffering just as much, if not more than Sarah. Surely another thing to make her love him more now hes over it all?
She said she has PTSD but where is the evidence of the help shes receiving for it? Surely you would take any help you could get to improve that bond with your baby?

I do beleive Sarah has mental health issues, but do I think its PTSD? No I dont, if anything its PND. She needs help, alot of help and she needs to start putting that gorgeous little boy as a priority before her bloody nails!
Yes, very well said. I think for someone who shares SO MUCH online, asking us to believe that there are other things going on "behind the scenes" is a bit much - there is no behind the scenes in Sarah's life, she literally shares everything 24/7. I hope she takes these comments on board and gets some help before having that longed for third baby while poor L languishes even further in the background.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.