Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title suggestion:

#25 - left on her own with Meels and Tic, having to parent knocks her sick

Reactions: 30
What a concerning thing to post - that you are DREADING the weekend. And we all know what she means is she’s dreading having to deal with Lachlan all weekend - if it was just her and Isla she wouldn’t be moaning. She needs serious psychological intervention, she doesn’t seem stable at all.

Reactions: 14
Thread Title Suggestion

My husband is off at sea, so it's just Isla and Me......and the other one.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
That isn’t always the reality of kids though especially in the early years when they’re small it can be more of a “getting through it with your sanity intact” at times. Sarah’s are older so she should be getting to an easier stage but she is too busy sending them to every after school activity known to man to avoid parenting them.
Yeah I’m a mix here too - im hugely privileged to have mine and I love the weekends with them, and the same time miss my week but that’s cus I love my job while they’re at school 😂 I never “dread” the weekends though, that is concerning. The hardest part of the day (imho) is the night anyway, which makes the weekday/weekend element irrelevant 😅

Reactions: 5
She seems to think all other families are together all weekend, my husband is working this weekend and was on call last weekend and I did not dread it at all. It’s normal 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I’ve never known anyone say they are dreading the weekend. What is wrong with her? She might as well just say she hates being with her kids and be done with it.

Reactions: 11
And I'll repeat what we say time and time again 'And she thinks she can cope with a third'. Deluded.

Reactions: 13
My husband works EVERY weekend. We literally never get family time all together and my kids are both under 5. Yes I do find it hard at times but I really struggle with her stories about Friday dread and how hard she has it, she hasn’t a clue!

Reactions: 11
My husband works EVERY weekend. We literally never get family time all together and my kids are both under 5. Yes I do find it hard at times but I really struggle with her stories about Friday dread and how hard she has it, she hasn’t a clue!
Same here, we get the occasional Sunday’s and always make sure we’re doing something nice or out for the day. It really is awful the way she talks about her kids. Christmas will be here before she knows it and there’s plenty of things she could be doing, even as simple as going a walk or a drive to see other houses xmas lights (I loved doing this when I was wee and still do it now with the kids)

If she thinks it’s tough now wait till the day she realises she has wished every minute with them away. You can‘t get time back and when that hits you, that’ll feel worse than dreading the weekend. What a selfish silly woman.

Reactions: 9
That isn’t always the reality of kids though especially in the early years when they’re small it can be more of a “getting through it with your sanity intact” at times. Sarah’s are older so she should be getting to an easier stage but she is too busy sending them to every after school activity known to man to avoid parenting them.
No I completely get the baby years are tough. I meant though kids Sarah's age. Theyre both old enough now to be that much more independent ect.

Reactions: 7
Soon it will be Christmas and she will stick them all in the car to drive 10 hours overnight to “home”
*dont forget L’s presents this time*

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
33350F62-5D80-41D0-B5BE-15E603FCC7B9.jpeg

B04BE724-3E60-40C5-9E80-703778D898A3.jpeg

her hair extensions are bloody awful. You can clearly see her own natural brown hair flapping around at the side of her head and the extensions aren’t blended in and are completely the wrong colour. She looks a bloody state.

Also what on earth is she wittering on about “Friday gives her the fear” - what? Just collect your kids from school and take them home - why the need to dick around at Costa? She’s just made it worse because they’ve had Costa and been out until after 5 so probably won’t eat their dinner now and it will be god knows what time before they get to bed tonight. It’s like she deliberately chooses the most impractical and convoluted way of doing the most basic things. She’s a proper weirdo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I love a Friday! Get home, put on our comfies, something easy for tea, screen time, movies, sometimes a game. School uniform all in the wash, just pottering around knowing we’ve got nothing to rush for. Best part of the week!

I love a Friday! Get home, put on our comfies, something easy for tea, screen time, movies, sometimes a game. School uniform all in the wash, just pottering around knowing we’ve got nothing to rush for. Best part of the week!
I mean don’t get me wrong. It’s not idyllic the kids fight and argue etc etc ya know, normal kid stuff. But none of that is any different whether I’m alone or my husband is here. It’s just normal life nothing to do with a husband in the navy

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I wonder if any staff from the school see her posts? If so there must be some support they can offer her? Its not normal to get this 'friday dread'. I guess though she has to want the help.

Reactions: 7
From a quick google and im in no way diagnosing her but it seems shes could be an 'emotionally unavailable mother'. Although it does seem this normally happens between mum and daughter.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if any staff from the school see her posts? If so there must be some support they can offer her? Its not normal to get this 'friday dread'. I guess though she has to want the help.
I just cannot fathom out why she'd get dread!
So many parents spend weekends solo parenting, for various reasons. She has money, it's not like she's dreading feeding them or keeping them warm, she's not dreading keeping them active or getting them places. She has a very very comfortable life.

I feel so sorry for those children!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.