Sarah - This Mama Life #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My child is a few days older than Lachlan and I’ve followed Sarah since she was pregnant with him so I’ve always kind of compared the two of them...my daughter is in a proper bed, potty trained and hasn’t had a dummy for about 2 years! Or sat in a buggy for months. She was late to potty train compared to her peers so she’s in no way advanced for her age! The difference between them is staggering.
Same as my goddaughter who is 2 days younger than L. She does use a pushchair occasionally but only because she's so slow at walking but she's potty trained, in a big bed and hasn't had a dummy since she was 6 months.

I reckon shes waiting nursery to potty train him.

Reactions: 3
It’s just that there doesn’t seem to be any interest or effort in bringing him up to speed - or any real interest in him at all. He’s put in his cot to sleep as soon as he’s home from nursery, he’s strapped into a buggy so that he’s contained when they are out, Sarah never picks him up early or keeps him home from nursery when she’s at home on a Thursday. She does everything she possibly can to avoid spending any time with him.

Reactions: 2
My son is only 4 months old so I’m not sure what happens further down the line but surely Lachlan has a Health Visitor? Would they not be advising Sarah that it was time he was potty trained, slept in a proper bed and was actually allowed to walk?

Reactions: 1
My son is only 4 months old so I’m not sure what happens further down the line but surely Lachlan has a Health Visitor? Would they not be advising Sarah that it was time he was potty trained, slept in a proper bed and was actually allowed to walk?

The health visitors don’t come to see you after the baby turns about 1ish. There won’t be anyone “checking up” on his progress as such now.

Reactions: 3
Not gonna lie, my heart is breaking for her and her cat. It's never nice when an animal is sick.
I'm just sad she's at the bad vets in our town. The vets she's at diagnosed our dog with cancer and refused to remove her bad tooth because of said cancer. We then moved to the new vets in town a year later and was told if our dog had the cancer they said she had she'd have died months ago and if they didn't remove her tooth they'd have to put her down as it was so badly decayed/infected.

They removed her tooth with no problems and she lived another 9 months before we had her put to sleep due to old age and other issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The health visitors don’t come to see you after the baby turns about 1ish. There won’t be anyone “checking up” on his progress as such now.
We have a 30 month check with the health visitor (I am in Scotland) where they go over where the child is at with speech, development, potty training, sleep etc.

Not gonna lie, my heart is breaking for her and her cat. It's never nice when an animal is sick.
I'm just sad she's at the bad vets in our town. The vets she's at diagnosed our dog with cancer and refused to remove her bad tooth because of said cancer. We then moved to the new vets in town a year later and was told if our dog had the cancer they said she had she'd have died months ago and if they didn't remove her tooth they'd have to put her down as it was so badly decayed/infected.

They removed her tooth with no problems and she lived another 9 months before we had her put to sleep due to old age and other issues.
I do agree. Sarah annoys the tit out of me. But I do feel for her over the cat. It's not a nice situation to go through so for once she does have some sympathy from me.

Sarah is one of those “influencers” who could be really relatable to many, myself included - partner works away, kids, school runs, after school activities and a part-time job. I just can’t get over how selfish she comes across though, she works 3.5 days and yet the kids are still put into nursery/after school clubs on her days off. I work 2.5 days and my days off revolve round the school run and after school activities, how selfish can someone be to not want to spend time with their kids? It breaks my heart at the thought of L being in full time child care when he just doesn’t need to be.

Reactions: 4
It says something when she shows more care and compassion to the cat than her own son. I am an animal lover, I’m glad she’s taking care of the cat. But when is she going to start taking care of her sons needs?

Reactions: 5
It says something when she shows more care and compassion to the cat than her own son. I am an animal lover, I’m glad she’s taking care of the cat. But when is she going to start taking care of her sons needs?

It’s really sad isn’t it? She is going to realise when it’s too late and her kids no longer need her.

I have to admit I thought the same that she cares more about the cat than L.

What was the video this morning at football, L looked like he was crying but she showed him no attention.

My child is a few days older than Lachlan and I’ve followed Sarah since she was pregnant with him so I’ve always kind of compared the two of them...my daughter is in a proper bed, potty trained and hasn’t had a dummy for about 2 years! Or sat in a buggy for months. She was late to potty train compared to her peers so she’s in no way advanced for her age! The difference between them is staggering.
I had a child 10 months younger who has been in big bed for over a year, poppy trained day and mostly night for 3 or 4 months and hasn’t been in Pram for months. It is incredible how young he is. Is she keeping him back or does he have additional needs that she hasn’t disclosed?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think there is more to the situation with her son than shown on social media.

Depression as a result of his months of silent reflux- failure to bond with him resulting in her leaving him as a baby because it’s easier than facing the natural challenges of potty training and removing the cot etc

I feel very sorry for them both

Depression as a result of his months of silent reflux- failure to bond with him resulting in her leaving him as a baby because it’s easier than facing the natural challenges of potty training and removing the cot etc

I feel very sorry for them both
You'd have thought someone would of picked up on this though and got them both the help they need. Apparently even SS thought she was fine.

You'd have thought someone would of picked up on this though and got them both the help they need. Apparently even SS thought she was fine.
We have no idea what mental health struggles are going on behind the scenes or what help she is or isn’t getting. She probably isn’t in the right frame of mind to be able to acknowledge there is a problem

She says no other words the “European” way so why Ikea 😑
Their whole house is like an ikea showroom now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.